Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Emily's Cottage is a newly refurbished two bedroom cottage set within the grounds of the Farringford Estate, the former home of Poet Laureate, Lord Tennyson.
Internally the cottage has a high standard of finish with a contemporary décor throughout. Externally, the furnished patio and garden area provide a perfect place to relax.
The Farringford Estate is set within 100 acres of mature parkland and adjoining National Trust land. Within the grounds of the estate, on-site facilities are available for guest use including a Par 3 nine-hole golf course, outdoor heated swimming pool & children's pool, a hard tennis court, children's play area and the restaurant 'Justin Brown at Farringford'.
Footpaths lead from the grounds to the famous Tennyson Trail, providing walks and cycle paths through woods and along coastal paths heading east across to Freshwater Bay.
Freshwater provides the main shopping area for West Wight and here you will find a selection of shops and amenities. The hills above Freshwater are named after the Poet Laureate Alfred Lord Tennyson who lived near Freshwater for almost 40 years.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Southampton 53.91 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors||
- Open plan living/kitchen/dining area.
- Furnished with a two seater sofa, two arm chairs and a contemporary white coffee table.
- Features a wall mounted Samsung flatscreen.
- Features an electric single oven, halogen hob and a fridge freezer.
- Full range of utensils and appliances including a microwave, kettle, toaster and cafetiere.
- Furnished with a king-size bed, fitted double wardrobe with drawers and two bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Furnished with twin beds, fitted double wardrobes with drawers and two bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Features a bath with shower mixer taps, wc, wash basin, mirror, shaver point and heated towel rail.
|Further details outdoors||
- The cottage is accessed by one step.
- Patio and garden area furnished with a table and seating for four.
- Communal gardens to the front of the property.
- On-site facilities including a Par 3 nine-hole golf course, outdoor heated swimming pool, children's pool, tennis court, children's play area and the restaurant 'Justin Brown at Farringford'.
- Direct access from the Farringford Estate onto the Tennyson Trail and downs.
- Freshwater Bay just one mile from the estate.
The Isle of Wight region
Less than 5 miles from Hampshire, the Isle of Wight shimmers in the English Channel. Notorious for its unspoilt beauty, leading sailing port of Cowes and many outdoor activities, the Isle of Wight holiday is perfect for getting away from it all - at any time of year. Whether you enjoy sunny days on the beach, portside pursuits or family days out.
The Isle of Wight was home to Queen Victoria and Lord Tennyson
Cowes holds the oldest regatta in the world, Cowes Week
Jimi Hendrix gave his last major performance on the Isle of Wight