The Fig Tree. Friendly Cornish chalet
from £50 /night help
Availability Your dates are available
Chalet | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
This rustic wood paneled chalet, when not rented out, is a family home. There are books, paintings and some antique pieces of furniture.
The accommodation consists of two double bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, shower room and terraces front and rear. One of these bedrooms has a bunk bed. There is also a 'put up' bed available for the living room suitable for a child. So can sleep 5/6.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
About this location
The Cornwall region
Cornwall has just been declared a unique and special area by the government - on a par with Wales and Scotland. Down here we knew that already! We have fishing, smugglers coves, sheer cliffs, wild moorland and delightful hidden villages. There is even the ancient industrial heritage of the mining industry. We are as far from London and the big cities as you can get!
Freathy is on the unspoilt Rame Peninsular. There are paths down sloping cliffs to wonderful beaches. From The Fig Tree you can be on the beach in a few moments. Shops in Millbrook are a mile away. A short car ride brings you to Cawsand, Kingsand and Mount Edgecumbe country park. Plymouth is six miles by car via the Torpoint ferry. There are foot ferries from Cremyll and and in the summer from Cawsand. To the West, the fishing village of Looe and then the whole of Cornwall opens up before you.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
9 Nov 2014
"Location fine - as described. Chalet not as described . . ."
The pics of chalet suggested it's character . . . This review is based on 40+ years of booking holiday rentals - including a period of time letting my own property through an agency.The service e… More
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We welcome honest feedback and comments that help us to improve our property and make it a better holiday experience for everyone who visits.
We have taken the time to carefully consider your comments and would like to respond as follows:
1. specifying a time for check in - as it is somewhat (we feel) a quirky place we like to be there to welcome guests and show them around and answer any questions they might have about the place. We think that this makes for a better experience for our guests. Being late is not a problem as we can communicate by phone or text. There is the option of course of us leaving the keys in a suitable place for collection. In this instance there may have been a miscommunication, and for this we do apologise.
2. Clutter and lack of storage - The Fig Tree is a family home which we make available to guests to enjoy. Thus there are furnishings and effects that makes it a home rather than just a holiday chalet. Previous guests have found this part of it's charm. We have updated our description on Holiday Lettings to make this quite clear. If any previous guests have felt the descriptions misleading, again we apologise. There is ample space in both bedrooms for suitcases and clothes, and in the kitchen for foodstuffs. Should guests require additional storage we are more than happy to accommodate.
3. Tired furniture, linen and towels - there is indeed a mixture of old, new and antigue furniture in the property. This is because it is also a home and not purely holiday accommodation. The linen is perhaps not luxurious but is certainly new or nearly new. There is a selection of towels (new) for use in the bathroom and additional towels (not so new)for use on the beach. This may not have been made clear on this occasion as it was October and therefore not the time of year for sunbathing. We will in future make guests aware of the different towels.
4. Sleeps 6 - it is difficult within the constraints of the Holiday Lettings website to clarify in the description summary the bed availability. We have now added an additional paragraph in the full description which states "there are two double beds, one single bunk and a pull out mobile cabin bed which can be easily set up and put away as required. We hope this will clarify matters and help future guests make an informed choice as to whether the property is suitable for their needs.
5. Eating not adequate for 6 - The dining room is ideal for up to 4 adults and 2 children. Unfortunately more of a squeeze to seat 6 adults. Again we have updated our description to reflect this.
6. Lounge seating - we are in the process of acquiring new sofas and chairs so that 6 guests will be able to sit comfortably and relax.
7. Smoke alarm - is rather sensitive. Unfortunately we can not change this. We have a legal responsibility to ensure the property is fitted with suitable healh and safety equipment.
8. Disability access - this property has been used by a family member who was disabled. Though there are some small steps, standard doors and uneven paving slabs, this was never found to be an issue in terms of access. When we do get enquiries from prospective quests regarding access we would of course discuss this in detail with them to make sure that the property is suitable for their needs.
9. Description and pricing - as already mentioned in earlier points, we have updated our description of the property to ensure that it is as accurate as we can make it. In terms of pricing we have checked equivalent properties in the area to ensure our pricing is competitive.
We would like to take this opportunity to again offer our thanks for your much welcome feedback which has helped us improve our property for future guests.
12 Aug 2014
"Lovely Location and great stay!"
I stayed at Fig Tree as a big group..we were 7 adults and 3 kids..it was such a kid friendly location, the kids just loved the parks in front and open fields behind..the chalet itself was very quiet s… More
Thank you for your lovely review.
10 Aug 2014
We had a very comfortable stay at Fig Tree-lovely views at the back and lovely front garden.The central playing area with tennis and football was a real bonus for our kids.The beach-just a few minute… More
thank you for your lovely review. we look forward to seeing you again!
6 Jun 2014
"Home from Home - Just loved it!"
Deceptively spacious, this really is 'Home from Home' with all mod cons. Kids loved playing on the green, which was situated right outside (football, lawn tennis and climbing frame) and was… More
21 May 2014
"Lovely chalet, amazing location!"
We stayed here for a week when it was glorious sunshine. Its located right next to a fabulous beach and close to other beaches if you want to drive. The owners were very helpful and the chalet was cle… More
21 May 2014
"Superb property in an idyllic location"
Upon arriving in Freathy the surrounding area is picturesque, the beach is in very close proximity great for children and families. The property is in a beautiful private estate with tennis courts, an… More