Sorry, that home is no longer available
Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 11
Few Steps By The Beach, Roman Ruins And City Centre. Day Trips To Rome & Naples
Villa Don Franco is an enchanting Mediterranean villa in private and safe residence/road area just few steps (2 minutes) by a beautiful sandy beach with shallow water in the Gaeta Gulf. A great advantage is the beach club close to the house very well equipped with toys for kids, English grass, panoramic restaurant and café cottage.
The villa has large spaces inside, a porch all around the property and outside with the fully equipped garden with tents. Are included in the property 2 parking places in the garden and one outside the house.
This villa is a great solution alternate the relax and joy of the beautiful local sea with your family and have day visits to the local medieval towns, to Rome and Naples (just at 1 hour), to Caserta and Sorrento, have thermal baths, visits to wine and mozzarella farms and much more… . We can arrange those visits for you as a local!
The entrance in the lush garden carefully maintained with flowers and local trees, including a lemon tree. In the garden there is a private double floored parking area. The outside area has a terrace with porch all around the house and tents to cover the lunch or dining area with table and seats, close to the barbecue and the kitchen.
It's lovely to have dinner outside with the sea breeze in the summer evenings. We use to have lunch outside approximately 250 days per year… . In the garden there is also a double outside shower really appreciated when you come from the beach.
The inside areas are large, airy and bright with big windows-doors. The living room is bright with large French doors that overlook the garden, full of flowers and trees, the sofas are comfortable in front of a plasma TV, with DVD player; moreover the living room has a table and seats. The modern kitchen, connected to the garden is fully equipped and includes microwave, toaster and kettle, has also a large table for 8 people.
The villa has 3 double bedrooms (2 with double beds and 1 with two single beds) and a triple bedroom. Every bedroom is very fresh and bright, with large French doors, closets and orthopedic beds.
The villa has 2 bathrooms, 1 with shower, 1 with bath and 2 outside shower.
It's lovely have a walk for the sunset along the beach… you can get Formia down town centre in just 20 min with your feet in the shallow water with stunning scenarios.
The beach is not a crowded beach and even in the peak season you can have your own privacy walking a bit along the coast line.
Nearest Airport : Naples (or Rome Fiumicino and Ciampino at 140km) at 85 Kilometres
Nearest Ferry : Formia Marina at 4 Kilometres
Nearest Train : Formia-Gaeta train station(1h from Rome & Naples) at 4 Kilometres
Nearest Motorway : Cassino Exit/Entrance (A1, Rome-Naples) at 25 Kilometres
Nearest Beach : Tortuga Beach - fine golden sand, shallow water at 150 Metres
Nearest Barpub : Tortuga cafè (in the panoramic beach club) at 150 Metres
Nearest Ski : Roccaraso at 80 Kilometres
Nearest Golf : Castelvolturno Golf at 50 Kilometres
Nearest Restaurant : Tortuga restaurant (in the panoramic beach club) at 150 Metres
Car: not necessary
This house is perfect to enjoy: sea & sand beach, day visits to Rome & Naples (1 hour to the city centre), Italian brands outlets shopping, visits to local charmy medieval towns on the sea and in the country side, sports, thermal bath, panoramic walking path on the sea, kids playgrounds on the sea, wine and mozzarella farms visits, day boat tours… and much more…
On foot you can reach the fine golden sand beach of the Gaeta Gulf (free beach and lovely beach club available with leisure equipment, children's amusements, restaurant, panorama).
On foot you have a supermarket nearby, pharmacy, kids playground on the sea, pizzeria and restaurant, bar and a mall called 'Itaca'.
The environment is friendly. You will find yourself integrated in the local Italian culture. Every house is studied and prepared for the maximum comfort of our guests!
Before arrival you will be provided of detailed directions and a Home, local & Italian guide. This will be very useful to have all the house details; recommended local services and directions (beach, supermarket, shopping mall, restaurants, pizzeria, ice-cream shops, café, train station, taxi, car/motor rental etc.), recommended things and excursions to do (including a section for kids) like Rome, Naples, Italian Brands Outlets etc.; local towns (lovely medieval towns on the sea and in the county side) and tasting tours (for example wine, mozzarella farms) and peals to discover outside the overrun tourists paths; Will be very easy to plan your stay and satisfy the preferences of everyone in your party.
The house is in a strategic position to explore the best Roman sites in the world, the sea, medieval towns on the sea, visit the amazing Pontine Islands and more!
You can organize daily visits to Rome and Naples/Pompei (city centres just 1 hour away by train; 14E daily ticket for all the public transports including trains) and come back for the sunset on the quite of the Gaeta Gulf away from the city confusion.
Within 15km you have lots of charmy medieval towns, with small handicraft shops, old restaurants to taste local flavours... Gaeta, Sperlonga, Formia, Itri, Bassiano, Casino, Sora, Isola Liri...
Dozen of local seafood restaurants that prepares the local fishes according to the local tradition.
Dozen of Roman sites that you can find on walking tracks along the sea in the Natural Reserves of Gianola (Formia) and Monte Orlando (Gaeta) at just 5 minutes.
The main activities that our guests use to enjoy are:
- Swim at the sea;
- Day visits to Rome, Naples, Caserta, Outlets, Sermoneta & Terracina, Gaeta & Sperlonga
- Sea tours, fishing days on the Dario's boat;
- Massages at home (only 30Euros 50min);
- Wine & Mozzarella farm tasting and visits
- Walking along the coast, walking path in the Natural Reserves (you have 3 in less than 15minutes);
- SUP and Canoe. We have a partnership with a beach club with canoes and SUP for rent!
- Thermal bath - Spa (Suio thermal centre is just 20 min away!);
- Diving (underwater caves, ship wrecks);
- Learning Farm for Kids and horse riding at the Gianola Natural Reserve;
- Kite surfing and wind surfing (just down the beach there is a N.1 spot!);
- Surfing. Sant'Agostino beach in Gaeta and Sperlonga are some of the best spots of Southern Italy;
- Climbing. One of the best spot in the Lazio area for all levels with an amazing view is in Sant'Agostino beach. But there is also the Montagna Spaccata to climb that is amazing too!
- Golf in the 18 holes court of Castel Volturno just 30min away... .
Please consider that we have several properties in the area, also very close, for every need. Our properties are the best in the area. Finely fitted, well equipped, at the best rates. Everyone is provided of a useful concierge/Hospitality service in English, Russian and Italian 12/7.
Upon request we can arrange for you a reliable service at the best prices:
- Airport & train station pick-up service, local driver service;
- Visits to local medieval towns, historical sites and cities (Gaeta, Sperlonga, Sermoneta, Caserta, Rome, Naples, Amalfi) etc. (half day also available);
- Farm and tasting tours: “on the Italian wine route”, “the real buffalo mozzarella” (half day also available);
- Shopping in some of the best Italian outlets, in Caserta, close to Rome etc…);
- Visit and have the bath to the best remote beaches and in the Gaeta gulf by boat (11 meters). Half day and lunch on board (local food and fished seafood) available. Available daytrip to the island of Ventotene and Santo Stefano;
- Sailing in the gulf with a sailing yacht (up to 5 guests) Half day and lunch on board available with local dishes;
- Local dishes at home for lunch or dinner to be ordered in our menu;
- Housekeeping service;
- SPA. Daily tour to local thermal sites with baths and treatments;
- Massages at home;
- Hairdresser and manicure at home;
- Doctor and translator at home;
- Local assistance for anything you may need.
|Size||Sleeps up to 11, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
- Ischia Island
- 111 properties
- 66 properties
- San Felice Circeo Mare
- 44 properties
- 44 properties
- Terracina Mare
- 42 properties
- 32 properties
- 32 properties
- 29 properties
- 27 properties
- 23 properties
- 22 properties
- 19 properties
- 13 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- Sessa Aurunca, Campania
- 9 properties
- Ischia Porto
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Castelnuovo Parano
- 8 properties
- Salto Di Fondi
- 6 properties