The Beacon, Apartment 1 & 2
Apartment | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
'The Beacon' is two apartments, on separate floors, which were formerly one house. Both apartments are self contained, accessed separately and can sleep upto 4 people. Both apartments can be booked together, sleeping upto 8 people. They are ideal for groups of friends or families sharing who want a degree of independence.
With panoramic sea views from Filey Brigg (to the north) to Flamborough Head (to the south), the views are amazing from the apartments and balconies.
Apartment 1 (property ID 188122) is the largest apartment and is accessed at street level and once inside, has no internal steps. Apartment 2 (property ID 225509) is accessed down 15 steps at the front of the property.
The apartments are equipped with modern furniture, have been individually styled and retain original features. Located just minutes from the beach, you are in one of the most unique and stunning locations in Yorkshire. Filey was recently voted as 1 of the top 15 best beaches and seaside destinations in the UK, by Conde Nast Traveller.
The apartments are individually styled, have modern decor and plush furnishings, guaranteeing you a relaxing holiday. The apartments are equipped with a large HD flat screen TV, radio, Blu-ray player, DVD/book library & unlimited Wi-fi.
The apartments are ideal for romantic breaks or a great getaway with the family. We provide you with everything you might need, from cotton linen, to individual travel cots and high chairs (on request). You needn't bring a thing.
The apartments are finished to the highest standard and are simply stunning. With contemporary decor and modern furniture, the apartments have been carefully designed to combine home comforts with luxury.
In addition to availability for weekly holidays, the apartments are also available for short breaks during low season.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Filey 100 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Humberside 91 km, Nearest railway: Filey 300 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
Although Apartment 2 nominally sleeps 4, it comfortably accommodates only 3 adults.
* Located in a unique cliff top position in Filey
* Balcony with panoramic sea views
* Free and unrestricted on street parking close to property
* Private parking space for one car located 150 metres from the property
Northern England region
Filey is a family seaside resort on the beautiful Yorkshire Coast with long stretches of golden sand. The apartment is located in a conservation area and is only a few minutes walk to an award winning beach and 5 minutes walk to the town centre.
The apartment is ideal for tourists and Filey offers many activities including: surfing, fishing, walking, cycling, yachting, golf and bird watching. It is also an excellent spring board for ramblers, pony trekkers, photographers and fishermen. Or, simply to get away and relax.
There are many things to do in and around Filey:
* Relax and unwind or explore the Jurassic Coast
* Watch the fishing fleet and visit the Lifeboat station on the coble landing
* Explore the rockpools on the Brigg, famous for its angling
* Visit Filey Dam and the Bird Garden & Animal Park
* Keep the kids entertained with a visit to Playdale Farm at Cayton
Filey is an ideal base for a seaside holiday and for visiting Whitby, Scarborough and York.
* The end of the Cleveland Way and Wolds Way Walks
* Nearby: Explore the RSPB reserve at Bempton Cliffs
* Scarborough - with its harbour, gardens and 2 superb bays majestically divided by a 900 year old castle, Sea Life Centre & The Stephen Jospeh Theatre, home of playwright Alan Ayckbourn
* Whitby - Captain Cook, Bram Stokers 'Dracula' and the spectacular village of Robin Hoods Bay
* ‘Heartbeat country’ at Grosmont is only a steam train journey from Pickering, through some of North Yorkshire’s most beautiful and spectacular scenery
* The magnificent historical city of York
* Castle Howard - home of the acclaimed television series Brideshead Revisited
* Flamingo Land Theme Park & Zoo
* Go Ape at Dalby Forest
* Hornsea Freeport - shopping by the sea. Top brands at low prices
* A choice of golf courses in Filey, Scarborough and Ganton
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
11 Nov 2012
Enjoyed a three night stay in November and can only say we were delighted from start to finish. The owner, Sue, greeted us on our arrival and we immediately felt right at home.The furniture is of a hi… More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:10 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 411 properties
- 313 properties
- Scarborough, Yorkshire
- 212 properties
- 191 properties
- 172 properties
- 127 properties
- 55 properties
- 53 properties
- 41 properties
- 31 properties
- 27 properties
- 26 properties
- 26 properties
- 18 properties
- 17 properties
- 14 properties
- 12 properties
- Stamford Bridge
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties