The Beacon, Apartment 2
from £57 /night help
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The apartment was originally part of one house built in the 1930s and lived in by our family. The house was architect designed and built. It has recently been split into two apartments. This apartment only opened in June 2012.
The apartment is equipped with modern furniture, has been individually styled and retains original features. Located just minutes from the beach, you are in one of the most unique and stunning locations in Yorkshire. Filey was recently voted as 1 of the top 15 best beaches and seaside destinations in the UK, by Conde Nast Traveller.
The living room has floor-to-ceiling glass bi-fold doors that open up onto the balcony and brings the outside in - making the most of the postcard sea views. Designed to provide views along the coastline as well as straight out to sea.
The apartment has modern decor and plush furnishings, guaranteeing you a relaxing holiday. The apartment is equipped with a 32” HD flat screen TV, radio, DVD player, DVD/book library & Wi-fi.
The apartment is ideal for romantic breaks or a great getaway with the family. We provide you with everything you might need, from cotton linen, to individual travel cots and high chairs (on request). You needn't bring a thing.
The apartment is finished to the highest standard and is simply stunning. With panoramic sea views from Filey Brigg (to the north) to Flamborough Head (to the south), the views are amazing from the apartment and balcony.
With contemporary decor and modern furniture, the apartment has been carefully designed to combine home comforts with luxury.
The apartment comes with a fully-equipped galley kitchen with full size appliances and a modern compact shower room, with walk in shower.
Although the apartment nominally sleeps 4, it comfortably accommodates only 3 adults.
The apartment is accessed down 15 steps at the front of the property and therefore may not be suitable for those with limited mobility. However, our other apartment at 'The Beacon' is accessible at street level and has no internal steps.
Both apartments can be booked together, sleeping upto 8 people (property ID 237023).
In addition to availability for weekly holidays, the apartment is also available for short breaks during low season.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Filey 100 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Humberside 91 km, Nearest railway: Filey 300 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
* 1 King size & 1 Single bedroom (with the option of a guest bed for a child) with black out blinds
* Fully equipped kitchen with full size dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine
* Open plan living room/dining area - looking out to sea
* 32” HD Flat Screen TV, Freeview, Radio & DVD player, DVD & book library
* Complimentary unlimited Wi-fi
* Modern shower room with walk in shower
* Private balcony
* Gas Central Heating
|Further details outdoors|
* Located in a unique cliff top position in Filey
* Balcony with panoramic sea views
* Free and unrestricted on street parking close to property
The Yorkshire region
Filey is a family seaside resort on the beautiful Yorkshire Coast with long stretches of golden sand. The apartment is located in a conservation area and is only a few minutes walk to an award winning beach and 5 minutes walk to the town centre.
The apartment is ideal for tourists and Filey offers many activities including: surfing, fishing, walking, cycling, yachting, golf and bird watching. It is also an excellent spring board for ramblers, pony trekkers, photographers and fishermen. Or, simply to get away and relax.
There are many things to do in and around Filey:
* Relax and unwind or explore the Jurassic Coast
* Watch the fishing fleet and visit the Lifeboat station on the coble landing
* Explore the rockpools on the Brigg, famous for its angling
* Visit Filey Dam and the Bird Garden & Animal Park
* Keep the kids entertained with a visit to Playdale Farm at Cayton
Filey is an ideal base for a seaside holiday and for visiting Whitby, Scarborough and York.
* The end of the Cleveland Way and Wolds Way Walks
* Nearby: Explore the RSPB reserve at Bempton Cliffs
* Scarborough - with its harbour, gardens and 2 superb bays majestically divided by a 900 year old castle, Sea Life Centre & The Stephen Jospeh Theatre, home of playwright Alan Ayckbourn
* Whitby - Captain Cook, Bram Stokers 'Dracula' and the spectacular village of Robin Hoods Bay
* ‘Heartbeat country’ at Grosmont is only a steam train journey from Pickering, through some of North Yorkshire’s most beautiful and spectacular scenery
* The magnificent historical city of York
* Castle Howard - home of the acclaimed television series Brideshead Revisited
* Flamingo Land Theme Park & Zoo
* Go Ape at Dalby Forest
* Hornsea Freeport - shopping by the sea. Top brands at low prices
* A choice of golf courses in Filey, Scarborough and Ganton
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
15 Jan 2014
"Excellent quality, in a great location."
Good location. A warm clean and modern apartment. Filey is a great place for a stay with plenty to do and sea. Super cliff-top walks and plenty of good places to eat.
30 May 2013
We stayed at The Beacon for three nights over the bank holiday weekend and had a brilliant time. The apartment was of a very high standard and had everything we needed. We couldn't believe how go… More
5 Sep 2012
"Amazing apartment, location and view!"
We stayed at The Beacon for the bank holiday weekend in August and I'm so glad we chose this apartment! My sister and I wanted to revisit Filey where we spent many childhood holidays and introduc… More
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:07 Nov 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 637 properties
- 476 properties
- 297 properties
- Scarborough, Yorkshire-old
- 293 properties
- 278 properties
- 192 properties
- 102 properties
- 95 properties
- 78 properties
- 63 properties
- 63 properties
- 49 properties
- 39 properties
- 22 properties
- Stamford Bridge-old
- 15 properties
- 14 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties