Ski Chalet | 9 bedrooms | sleeps 35
Stay at Chorki Ski Lodge for the best value self-catering accommodation at Falls Creek!
We're a modern ski-in ski-out lodge in one of the best spots on the mountain. We're metres from the ticketing office and the main chairlift, so you can be skiing the white stuff earlier than everyone else.
You can park just below the lodge so you won't need expensive oversnow transport!
We're also a short walk to the new St Falls development and all it has to offer, including a supermarket, great cafes and restaurants, and ski and board hire.
Inside Chorki is a fantastic lodge with great value accommodation for families, couples, singles and groups. Our guest rooms are bright, airy and comfortable, all have ensuites and some have balcony access with lovely views. Rooms feature:
- TV and DVD player
- Energy efficient hydronic heating
- Personal safe for valuables
- Heated towel rail
- Clothes storage and hanging spaces.
Stay at Chorki in summer and we'll offer you even cheaper rates but just as many exciting things to do. In summer you can choose from:
- mountain biking
- swimming at Bogong Village
- Kids' Club, with a range of activities
|Size||Sleeps up to 35, 9 bedrooms|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Albury|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Games room, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||9 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms of which 9 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (9), Double beds (13), Cots (1), Dining seats for 25, Lounge seats for 20|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
The Victoria, Australia region
Falls Creek's surroundings are as beautiful as the resort itself and offer a range of additional off-mountain activities to occupy your time. The closest town is the aptly-named Mt Beauty with the quiet Bogong Village situated in between. From Mt Beauty you are only a stone's throw away from any number of activities to experience.
What to do:
* Golf - enjoy a round at Mt Beauty's 18-hole course just 30 minutes from the resort
* 4WD - outside the national park are an incredible range of tracks for 4WD exploring around the Kiewa Valley and surrounding mountain terrain.
* Wineries - the Alpine Valleys Wine Region is renowned for it's quality wineries and cellar doors. Enjoy a scenic day of wine tasting with the local estates of Gapsted, Michelini, Annapurna, Boyntons Feathertop and Bogong Estate.
* Gliding - take an instructional flight in a lightweight glider at Mt Beauty's gliding school or head over to nearby Bright, recognised as one of Australia's top destinations for paragliding, microlighting and handgliding.
Falls Creek is a holiday resort for all seasons. In winter people flock to Victoria's largest alpine resort to experience the incredible skiing and boarding, propped up by the best snowmaking facilities in the country. Families love the mountain because of the diversity of the ski runs - from easy green and blue runs for the kids to technically difficult black runs for those with more experience.
The night life of the village is another attraction - choose from a range of cafes and restaurants, whatever your budget, and they're all within walking distance of Chorki. If you don't feel like walking there's a regular shuttle service throughout the village to make getting around even simpler.
Summer brings a different kind of magic to the high country. Bushwalking is high on the list for many visitors at this time of year because of the views and the natural beauty of the alpine environment. Fishing is another popular pastime for anglers and those who just want to have a go - check out the Rocky Valley Dam and Pretty Valley lake. These days more and more cyclists are staying at the village too and using it as a great base to explore the surrounding region.