Abbey Farm Cottage
About the home
Traditional Suffolk cottage, set in stunning countryside Suffolk/Norfolk borders, surrounded by open fields with lovely southern views. Full of character with exposed beams and period features. Rented as one cottage up to 6 guests
Lovely traditional interior with open fire for winter coziness. Private enclosed gardens with wonderful views, garden, lawn and area for outside dining.
Exclusive use of indoor heated swimming pool open all year available from 9.30am - 6.00pm. Please provide your own swimming towels NO GLASS IN POOL AREA PLEASE
Free unlimited WI-FI. 1 Cot, 1 high chair
Also see Suffolk Tourism web site for added attractions http://www.suffolktouristguide.com/
An ideal rural getaway, ideal for those wanting a quiet break to unwind-perfect for artists, walkers and cyclists as the area is surrounded by quiet lanes and footpaths. Close by to some of East Anglia’s prettiest towns and villages such as Framlingham,Snape and Debenham, full interesting of antique,arts and craft shops. This location is also in easy access of the Suffolk coast and the beaches of Southwold, Walberswick and Aldeburgh. There are good restaurants in the vicinity serving local produce, the local 18th Century pub can be accessed by footpath across the beautiful unspoilt countryside from the cottage.
Please also see activities at Wingfield Barns http://www.wingfieldbarns.com/index.php
Please also see further tourist information on the following link http://www.suffolktouristguide.com
The owners' father lives in an annex adjacent to the property
For any catering requirements please contact Gemma Harvey www.cherrycateringcompany.co.uk
Visit Britain with 3* Self Catering Rating + welcome for Families, Pets, Walkers and Cyclists
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Southwold, 32.8km|
|Will consider:||Short breaks|
Nearest amenities: 2.4km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Private indoor Pool, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private indoor Pool|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
Further details indoors:
- Duvets/pillows/ towels provided
- 1 cot (no sheets), 1 high chair
-Wi-fi and flat screen TV/DVD in lounge
- The homely open plan living area is comfortably furnished with an open fire in Abbey Woods with complimentary wood.
- The floors have traditional Suffolk pammets and rugs downstairs.
- Upstairs is carpeted,
-Abbey Cottage have comfortable beds, one double, two single and a bunk bed ideal for 2 children
- Each room has plenty of storage and hanging space with coat hangers.
- Dogs are also welcome downstairs only and there is a separate utility room, back door with access to the garden, ideal for your walking boots and wellington boots.
- There is bathroom which is spacious with a bath and shower combined in Abbey Cottage
- Exclusive use of indoor heated pool
- Use of pool is from 9.30am till 6.00pm
- please provide your own swimming towels
NO GLASS IN POOL AREA
- There is a private young wood of 4 acres adjacent to the property which you are welcome to walk round
Further details outdoors:
- There is a large garden with garden furniture which has a large lawn, flower beds and apple trees. The cottage garden is fenced in, to separate the long moat and intended to exclude the geese and chickens, therefore is suitable for dogs.
- Access to Abbey Wood which is a community woodland open to visitors.
- Private (enclosed) and shared gardens
- Private parking for at least 4 cars
- English speaking representative available to answer any questions.
- Father of owners lives in next door annex
- All power, heating included in rates
-Firewood available for open fire and wood burner - no charge help yourself.
- Dogs welcome only to be kept downstairs, please keep garden clean and on a lead due to geese/chickens/horses nearby (charges apply)
- No smoking inside, garden only.
- Suffolk cycle routes link http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Suffolk-Routes-103.html
- Walking in Suffolk link http://www.walkinginsuffolk.co.uk/diss.htm
50% to secure booking.
Remaining sum of rent 6 weeks before holiday and £200 refundable breakages deposit.
Monies payable into:
Name: Abbey Wood Lettings.
Please ask for further details.
In case of cancellations monies will be refunded if we can secure another booking for the same period booked
The East Anglia / Suffolk region
Mid Suffolk is mostly unspoilt countryside with a fascinating history for the inquiring visitor.
Tourism is important for the local community and tourist are welcomed and cared for.
Wingfield attracts visitors interested in its Church, College and Castle.
The Eye / Syleham area
- Wingfield barns next to the College,has a programme of cultural events, as does the Snape Maltings further afield. http://www.wingfieldbarns.com/index.php
- Cratfield Concerts are held in the summer. There is an annual Norwich Festival, and an annual town festival in Harleston.
- There are three local restaurants: Fressingfield - The Fox and Goose; Wingfield - De la Pole Arms; Stradbroke
- The Ivy house.
- Fressingfield has a good local village shop and Diss has Tesco's.
- The area is served well by footpaths and the quiet location served by small country lanes is ideal for cycling.
- Harleston has sailing and fishing on an inland lake. http://www.harlestonanglingclub.co.uk/Lakes.php
- Days out can be spent at the sandy beaches of Southwold and Walberswick
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
1.Car- Advised, Local car hire - Roy Humphrey 01379 870666, Email Andrew.Nicholson@royhumphrey.com
2 Able Taxis (01379 640900) from Diss Rail Station (last stop before Norwich) £18.00 (9miles)
3.Airports (Cheap flights from Europe available www.easyjet.com , www.ryanair.com )
- Norwich Airport (54 mins/50.5km)
- London Gatwick Airport (2hrs 58mins/212.4km)
- Stansted Airport (1hr 52min/125.5km)
- London Heathrow Airport (2hr 46mins/217.4km)
4.Harwich International Port (1hr 30mins/95.6km)
Full directions will be sent on confirmation of booking.
Activities near Eye
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Autumn||13 Sep 12||29 Sep 12||£ 650||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
|29 Sep 12||20 Oct 12||£ 600||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
|Oct half term||20 Oct 12||3 Nov 12||£ 750||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter||3 Nov 12||15 Dec 12||£ 600||-||-||1 Week|
|Christmas & New Year||15 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 850||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter||5 Jan 13||16 Feb 13||£ 600||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
|Feb half term||16 Feb 13||24 Feb 13||£ 1050||-||-||3 Nights|
|Late winter||24 Feb 13||30 Mar 13||£ 600||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
|Easter Holidays||30 Mar 13||14 Apr 13||£ 1050||-||-||1 Week|
|Spring||14 Apr 13||25 May 13||£ 650||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
|Spring half term||25 May 13||2 Jun 13||£ 1400||-||-||1 Week|
|late Spring||2 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 720||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
|Summer||29 Jun 13||20 Jul 13||£ 850||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer Holidays||20 Jul 13||8 Sep 13||£ 1450||-||-||1 Week|
|Autumn||8 Sep 13||26 Oct 13||£ 600||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
|Autumn half term||26 Oct 13||3 Nov 13||£ 850||-||-||3 Nights|
|Winter||3 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 600||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
|Christmas & New Year||21 Dec 13||5 Jan 14||£ 1450||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter||5 Jan 14||26 Jan 14||£ 600||£ 150||£ 150||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Abbey Woods Cottage in Eye, England
Holiday homes in England (22,218)