Abbey Woods Cottage
Cottage | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 10
Tradtional Suffolk cottage, originally 2 farmworkers' cottages, set in stunning countryside Suffolk/Norfolk borders, surrounded by open fields with lovely southernly views. Full of character with exposed beams and period features. Rented as one cottage up to maximum of 10 people including children and any guests visiting. Suitable for 8 adults and 2 children as one very small bedroom
Lovely traditional interior with open fire for winter coziness. Private enclosed gardens with wonderful views, garden, lawn and area for outside dining.
Exclusive use of indoor heated swimming pool available from 9.30am - 6.00pm. NO GLASS IN POOL AREA PLEASE
2 TVs , free unlimited WI-FI. 2 Cots, 2 high chairs (please provide own sheets, pillows and towels)
An ideal rural getaway, ideal for those wanting a quiet break to unwind-perfect for artists, walkers and cyclists as the area is surrounded by quiet lanes and footpaths. Close by to some of East Anglia's prettiest towns and villages such as Framlingham,Snape and Debenham, This location is also in easy access of the Suffolk coast and the beaches of Southwold, Walberswick and Aldeburgh. .
The owners' father lives in an annex adjacent to the property
For any catering requirements please contact Gemma Harvey www.cherrycateringcompany.co.uk
Visit Britain with 3* Self Catering rating + Welcome for Families, Walkers and Cyclists max ONE small dog
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Southwold 32.8 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2.4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Stansted 125.5 km, Nearest railway: Diss 16.4 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Private indoor pool, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private indoor pool|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 12, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private indoor pool, Private garden|
|Further details indoors|
- Duvets/pillows/ towels provided
- 2 cots (no sheets), 2 high chairs
-Wi-fi TV and flat screen TV/DVD in the other lounge
- Homely open plan living area is comfortably furnished with a wood burning stove and an open fire with complimentary wood in other lounge
- The floors have traditional Suffolk pammets and rugs downstairs.
- Upstairs is carpeted,
-Abbey Woods Cottage has 6 bedrooms: 2 with double beds, 2 with twin beds, 1 bedroom with bunk beds ideal for 2 children and downstairs there is a bedroom with a double bed, a single bed with a bed that pulls out from underneath
- Each room has plenty of storage and hanging space with coat hangers.
- One small dog only must be kept downstairs not in bedrooms separate utility room, back door with access to the garden, ideal for your walking.
- There are 2 bathrooms upstairs one with integral shower and a shower room with WC downstairs
- Exclusive use of indoor heated pool
- Use of pool is from 9.30am till 6.00pm only
NO GLASS IN POOL AREA
- There is a private young wood of 4 acres adjacent to the property which you are welcome to walk round
|Further details outdoors|
- suitable for 8 adults and 2 children
- MAX 10 people includes any children and any visitors and ONE small dog only by permission
- There is a large garden with garden furniture which has a large lawn, flower beds and apple trees. The cottage garden is fenced in and small dog must be kept under control at all times
- Access to Abbey Wood which is a community woodland open to visitors.
- Private (enclosed) and shared gardens
- Private parking for 4 cars
-closed Jan 4th - 14th March 2014
- English speaking representative available to answer any questions.
- Father of owners lives in next door annex
- All power, heating included in rates
- Firewood available for open fire and wood burner - no charge help yourself.
- Limited to ONE small dog and must be kept downstairs, please keep garden clean
- please do not feed or touch ponies in adjacent fields
- No smoking inside, garden only.
- Suffolk cycle routes link http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Suffolk-Routes-103.html
- Walking in Suffolk link http://www.walkinginsuffolk.co.uk/diss.htm
The East Anglia region
Mid Suffolk is mostly unspoilt countryside with a fascinating history for the inquiring visitor. Tourism is important for the local community and tourist are welcomed and cared for. Wingfield attracts visitors interested in its Church, College and Castle.
- Wingfield barns next to the College,has a programme of cultural events, as does the Snape Maltings further afield. http://www.wingfieldbarns.com/index.php
- Cratfield Concerts are held in the summer. There is an annual Norwich Festival, and an annual town festival in Harleston.
- There are three local restaurants: Fressingfield - The Fox and Goose; Wingfield - De la Pole Arms; Stradbroke - The Ivy house.
- Fressingfield has a good local village shop and Diss has Tesco's.
- The area is served well by footpaths and the quiet location served by small country lanes is ideal for cycling.
- Harleston has sailing and fishing on an inland lake. http://www.harlestonanglingclub.co.uk/Lakes.php
- Days out can be spent at the sandy beaches of Southwold and Walberswick
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
20 Jan 2014
"A bit of a disappointment"
We were encouraged to book Abbey Woods Cottage having read excellent reviews on Trip Adviser. It as actually quite difficult to find being situated on an unnamed road but the location is tranquil and… More
Many thanks for your review. It is a real shame for us to receive this feedback as we do all we can to accomodate and provide the best of service. With Sky, indoor heated pool and an open fire and woodburner with as much wood as required. The only reason the heating was not working was that our father who is 88 forgot to turn up the thermostat on the wall, I came round almost immediately you phoned. Your comments are fair about the cobwebs, and we have now closed for 2 months to give us time to spring clean each room. The cooker is still under warranty and I have not been made aware of the problem before. We hope you found everything else satisfactory and appreciate we do our very best, but will address your points
22 Oct 2013
"Ideal for families with small children."
We stopped at abbey woods cottage...there was 4 adults and 6 children. We all loved it..swimming pool was fantastic...the peace and quiet was tranquil.. the rooms were llk large and airy.. id highly … More
17 Jul 2013
"Another happy holiday"
This was our second stay in this cottage, 8 adults aged form 24 to 95. Beautiful gardens and surrounding countryside, excellent swimming pool, spacious well equipped cottage. So peaceful!!!… More
26 May 2013
"Keep this place a secret!!"
Wow wow wow! We have just had a fantastic weekends stay at Abbey Woods Cottage. There were 7 adults and 4 children staying and we all had a brilliant time. It was so lovely waking up in the middle o… More
7 Jan 2013
"An experience living in the countryside of England"
In June 2012, we spent a week at this lovely cottage. We chose it based on proximity to Thorpe Abbotts, the air base where my father was stationed during WWII. The description and photos posted accura… More
11 Oct 2012
"Great location very peaceful"
Finding it was a bit difficult for some of our party, get a good map and do some homework. Good central location for visiting Diss or Norwich or Southwold. But great also to stay in and enjoy the pea… More
9 Sep 2012
"a hidden haven of paradise"
this cottage was superb, I would highly recommend it. the facilities were excellent and definitely a place to relax. Having our own pool was the icing on the cake. Any queries were dealt with immediately and nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely like to go again and as the house can be split to a smaller letting still with the same facilities the options are certainly tempting
24 Apr 2012
"Excellent house, facilities and service"
We had an amazing few days in this lovely house with a family home feel, made very welcome by Tommy in an unobtrusive way; grounds and pool are great and easily accessible for Norfolk & beaches. We w… More
23 Apr 2012
"the cottage was charming, spacious and really cosy"
We had a lovely weekend away in the cottage for our family get together. It was very spacious and well equipped, with lots of thoughtful extras. The gardens and area were lovely and having the pool wa… More
31 May 2011
"Perfect Bank Holiday Weekend"
We stayed at Abbey Farm for the Bank Holiday Weekend in May. Upon arrival we felt immediately at home. Despite arriving after 10pm, the wonderful Tommy was still there to see that we found everything … More
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
85% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- 79 properties
- 54 properties
- 52 properties
- 41 properties
- 28 properties
- 27 properties
- 27 properties
- 27 properties
- 26 properties
- 26 properties
- 25 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties