Abbey Woods Cottage
About the home
Tradtional Suffolk cottage, originally 2 farmworkers' cottages, set in stunning countryside Suffolk/Norfolk borders, surrounded by open fields with lovely southernly views. Full of character with exposed beams and period features. Rented as one cottage up to 10 guests
Lovely traditional interior with open fire for winter coziness. Private enclosed gardens with wonderful views, garden, lawn and area for outside dining.
Exclusive use of indoor heated swimming pool open all year available from 9.30am - 6.00pm. Please provide your own swimming towels NO GLASS IN POOL AREA PLEASE
Free unlimited WI-FI. 2 Cots, 2 high chairs and 2 extra single Aerobeds beds available (please provide own sheets, pillows and towels)
Also see Suffolk Tourism web site for added attractions http://www.suffolktouristguide.com/
An ideal rural getaway, ideal for those wanting a quiet break to unwind-perfect for artists, walkers and cyclists as the area is surrounded by quiet lanes and footpaths. Close by to some of East Anglia’s prettiest towns and villages such as Framlingham,Snape and Debenham, full interesting of antique,arts and craft shops. This location is also in easy access of the Suffolk coast and the beaches of Southwold, Walberswick and Aldeburgh. There are good restaurants in the vicinity serving local produce, the local 18th Century pub can be accessed by footpath across the beautiful unspoilt countryside from the cottage.
Please also see activities at Wingfield Barns http://www.wingfieldbarns.com/index.php
Please also see further tourist information on the following link http://www.suffolktouristguide.com
The owners' father lives in an annex adjacent to the property
For any catering requirements please contact Gemma Harvey www.cherrycateringcompany.co.uk
Visit Britain with 3* Self Catering rating + Welcome for Families, Pets, Walkers and Cyclists
|Size:||Sleeps up to 10, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Southwold, 32.8km|
|Will consider:||Short breaks|
Nearest amenities: 2.4km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Private indoor Pool, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private indoor Pool|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||6 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Single beds (5), Double beds (3), Cots (2), Dining seating for 12, Lounge seating for 12|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
Further details indoors:
- Duvets/pillows/ towels provided
- 2 cots (no sheets), 2 high chairs
- 2 single aerobeds beds (no sheets, towels or pillows provided)
-Wi-fi and 3D TV in one lounge and flat screen TV/DVD in the other lounge and a TV in ground floor bedroom
- The homely open plan living area is comfortably furnished with a wood burning stove and an open fire with complimentary wood in other lounge
- The floors have traditional Suffolk pammets and rugs downstairs.
- Upstairs is carpeted,
-Abbey Woods Cottage has 6 bedrooms: 2 with double beds, 2 with twin beds, 1 bedroom with bunk beds ideal for 2 children and downstairs there is a bedroom with a double bed, a single bed with a bed that pulls out from underneath
- Each room has plenty of storage and hanging space with coat hangers.
- Dogs are also welcome downstairs only and there is a separate utility room, back door with access to the garden, ideal for your walking boots and wellington boots.
- There are 2 bathrooms upstairs one with integral shower and a shower room with WC downstairs
- Exclusive use of indoor heated pool
- Use of pool is from 9.30am till 6.00pm
- please provide your own swimming towels
NO GLASS IN POOL AREA
- There is a private young wood of 4 acres adjacent to the property which you are welcome to walk round
Further details outdoors:
- There is a large garden with garden furniture which has a large lawn, flower beds and apple trees. The cottage garden is fenced in, to separate the long moat and intended to exclude the geese and chickens, therefore is suitable for dogs.
- Access to Abbey Wood which is a community woodland open to visitors.
- Private (enclosed) and shared gardens
- Private parking for at least 4 cars
- English speaking representative available to answer any questions.
- Father of owners lives in next door annex
- All power, heating included in rates
-Firewood available for open fire and wood burner - no charge help yourself.
- Dogs welcome only to be kept downstairs, please keep garden clean and please do not feed or touch ponies in adjacent fields
- No smoking inside, garden only.
- Suffolk cycle routes link http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Suffolk-Routes-103.html
- Walking in Suffolk link http://www.walkinginsuffolk.co.uk/diss.htm
50% to secure booking.
Remaining sum of rent 6 weeks before holiday and £200 refundable breakages deposit.
Monies payable into:
Name: Abbey Wood Lettings.
Please ask for further details.
In case of cancellations monies will be refunded if we can secure another booking for the same period booked
The East Anglia / Suffolk region
Mid Suffolk is mostly unspoilt countryside with a fascinating history for the inquiring visitor. Tourism is important for the local community and tourist are welcomed and cared for. Wingfield attracts visitors interested in its Church, College and Castle.
The Eye / Syleham area
- Wingfield barns next to the College,has a programme of cultural events, as does the Snape Maltings further afield. http://www.wingfieldbarns.com/index.php
- Cratfield Concerts are held in the summer. There is an annual Norwich Festival, and an annual town festival in Harleston.
- There are three local restaurants: Fressingfield - The Fox and Goose; Wingfield - De la Pole Arms; Stradbroke - The Ivy house.
- Fressingfield has a good local village shop and Diss has Tesco's.
- The area is served well by footpaths and the quiet location served by small country lanes is ideal for cycling.
- Harleston has sailing and fishing on an inland lake. http://www.harlestonanglingclub.co.uk/Lakes.php
- Days out can be spent at the sandy beaches of Southwold and Walberswick
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
1.Car- Advised, Local car hire - Roy Humphrey 01379 870666, Email Andrew.Nicholson@royhumphrey.com
2 Able Taxis (01379 640900) from Diss Rail Station (last stop before Norwich) £18.00 (9miles)
3.Airports (Cheap flights from Europe available www.easyjet.com , www.ryanair.com )
- Norwich Airport (54 mins/50.5km)
- London Gatwick Airport (2hrs 58mins/212.4km)
- Stansted Airport (1hr 52min/125.5km)
- London Heathrow Airport (2hr 46mins/217.4km)
4.Harwich International Port (1hr 30mins/95.6km)
Full directions will be sent on confirmation of booking.
Activities near Eye
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
26 May 2013
Wow wow wow! We have just had a fantastic weekends stay at Abbey Woods Cottage. There were 7 adults and 4 children staying and we all had a brilliant time. It was so lovely waking up in the middle... more
07 Jan 2013
In June 2012, we spent a week at this lovely cottage. We chose it based on proximity to Thorpe Abbotts, the air base where my father was stationed during WWII. The description and photos posted... more
11 Oct 2012
Finding it was a bit difficult for some of our party, get a good map and do some homework. Good central location for visiting Diss or Norwich or Southwold. But great also to stay in and enjoy the... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 10|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Autumn||1 Sep 12||29 Sep 12||£ 1000||£ 220||£ 220||3 Nights|
|29 Sep 12||20 Oct 12||£ 920||£ 220||£ 220||3 Nights|
|October half term||20 Oct 12||2 Nov 12||£ 1300||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter||13 Nov 12||15 Dec 12||£ 900||£ 184||£ 184||3 Nights|
|Christmas & New Year||15 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 1300||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter||5 Jan 13||16 Feb 13||£ 990||£ 184||£ 184||3 Nights|
|February half term||16 Feb 13||24 Feb 13||£ 1050||£ 184||£ 184||3 Nights|
|Late Winter||24 Feb 13||30 Mar 13||£ 990||£ 184||£ 184||3 Nights|
|Easter Holidays||30 Mar 13||14 Apr 13||£ 1050||-||-||1 Week|
|Spring||14 Apr 13||4 May 13||£ 990||£ 184||£ 184||3 Nights|
|Late Spring||4 May 13||25 May 13||£ 1050||£ 200||£ 200||3 Nights|
|Spring half term||25 May 13||2 Jun 13||£ 1400||-||-||1 Week|
|Early summer||2 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 1050||£ 200||£ 200||3 Nights|
|Summer||29 Jun 13||20 Jul 13||£ 1250||-||-||1 Week|
|summer holidays||20 Jul 13||8 Sep 13||£ 1450||-||-||1 Week|
|Autumn||8 Sep 13||26 Oct 13||£ 950||£ 184||£ 184||3 Nights|
|Autumn half term||26 Oct 13||3 Nov 13||£ 1400||£ 200||£ 200||3 Nights|
|Early winter||3 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 950||£ 184||£ 184||3 Nights|
|Christmas & New Year||21 Dec 13||5 Jan 14||£ 1450||-||-||1 Week|
|winter||5 Jan 14||26 Jan 14||£ 950||£ 184||£ 184||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Abbey Woods Cottage (x10) - suggested for 7 adults and 3 children maximum<BR>2 bedrooms with double beds<BR>2 bedrooms with twin beds<BR>1 bedroom with bunk beds for children<BR>1 bedroom with a double bed, a single bed with a pull out bed underneath<BR><BR>Abbey Cottage is available from 4pm on the day of your arrival and we would request that you vacate the property no later than 10am on your final day.Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Abbey Farm Cottage in Eye, England
Holiday cottages in England (22,249)