House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Souraïde is a charming town of about 1300 inhabitants ( the Zuraidars ) on the D918 between Espelette and Saint -Pee -sur -Nivelle .
In the province of Labourd , 2.5 km Espelette , a few minutes from the Basque coast ( Saint Jean de Luz and Biarritz ) and 8 km from the Spanish border, Souraïde is a nice little pastoral village in the heart of nature in the hinterland , which will welcome you with its hilly landscape and a relaxed atmosphere. You are surrounded by nature , its hills stand white dots of flocks, and off the first peaks of the Pyrenees. This is a good starting point for long walks or discover the beautiful traditional villages around ... Espelette, Itxassou, Ainhoa ??, Cambo -les- Bains, Sare, Saint- Jean -de- Port Pids ...
The town lies on the road Baztan pathway pèlegrinage St. Jacques de Compostela which crosses the Pyrenees more to the west and by the neck Belate , 847m .
The bustle of the coast is already a distant memory , even if the ocean beaches are very close ...
This is a must see destination with humility and charm preserved from mass tourism places .
Souraïde part of the AOC production area Espelette and that of Ossau- Iraty cheese. The activity is mainly agricultural and a serpentine career ( compact igneous rock ) is active.
The town hosts the operating company Massonde Pascal (meat, sausages, cured and canned ), which is among the first fifty agribusiness department .
- Saint- Jacques - le-Majeur Church there restrial nothing novel of the building , if not its elongated single vessel level. It was completely rebuilt in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries and the tower was deputy nineteenth him. Labourdin ornate style of a remarkable period altarpiece , and beautiful galleries. To see the four windows in the early twentieth characters dated and signed Henri Gesta , master glazier to Toulousse and paneling of coverage .
- The cemetery around the church , has discoid steles and tabular according to Basque tradition perpetuated since the dawn of time.
- The mayor of Souraïde is placed in a very old house ( dating from the sixteenth century ) , formerly Priory Gostorro Elizaldea and rectory until the beginning of this century ( separation of church and state : 1905) before to host the town hall. It may be noted among other things, huge beams of a length and a diameter impressive , raised wall to wall .
Ocean , golf, pelota, rafting , climbing, hiking or horseback riding many in the surrounding mountains .
Paysbasque64 offers quality vacation rentals in the Basque Country, near the beach and the mountains.
Four (4) fully equipped apartments for 2-6 persons.
¡Come and spend your holiday stay at the heart of the Basque Country!
25 km from the Basque coast is your holiday vacation "Paysbasque64"
between sea and mountain, SOURAIDE just 20 Km from the beach.
Souraïde is a small pastoral village in the hinterland.
You are surrounded by nature, in a hilly landscape on which stand the white flocks of sheep points. In the distance loom the highest peaks of the Pyrenees. This is a good starting point for long walks or discover the beautiful traditional villages around ...
The bustle of the coast is already a distant memory, even if the ocean beaches are very close ...
At no all you should visit the Basque Country:
* Biarritz, Saint Jean de Luz, Hendaye
* Espelette pepper and known worldwide
* The train Rhune ...
* The Basque cake ...
* The Cherry Itxassou
* The Makila (Basque baton)
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Biarrtiz 25 km, Nearest railway: Biarritz 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV|
|Utilities||Microwave, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
93% Response rate
Based in France
- 515 properties
- San Sebastian
- 387 properties
- Saint Jean de Luz
- 249 properties
- 190 properties
- 134 properties
- 55 properties
- 46 properties
- 34 properties
- 24 properties
- 20 properties
- Labenne Ocean
- 14 properties
- 12 properties
- La Bastide Clairence
- 11 properties
- Uhart Cize
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties