Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 5
FLAT SCREEN TV/DVD COMBO, WI-FI. APPLE T.V. is available if requested.
This apartment, with hot and cold air conditioning, has been furnished to a high standard and enjoys magnificent sea views.
The good-sized bedroom contains three single beds, a large wardrobe, two large open shelves, a chest of drawers, two bedside cabinets and three wall lights. There is a safe permanently fitted. The lounge has two large bed settees each comprising one static and one pull-out bed (these can be used as singles or doubles ), a coffee table, dining table and chairs, t.v./dvd combo on a beautiful, traditional, Spanish-style dresser. There is a traditional, Spanish-style drawer unit under the worktop facing out into the lounge. A large, free-standing fan stands in the corner of the lounge. The open-plan kitchen area comprises fitted cupboards, breakfast bar, fridge, washing machine, four-ring halogen hob with cooker hood over, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee, tea and sugar canisters. There is a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and we have also installed a smoke alarm and emergency light (automatically lights up in event of power failure) in the apartment. The bathroom has a built-in sink with marble surround and large, illuminated mirror over, toilet, bidet, full-size bath with shower over. There are white aluminium shutters fitted to the patio doors and windows.
The property advertised on this website is rented out through the Spanish Tenancy Act (Ley de Arrendamientos Urbanos) through its article 3, for 'purposes other than habitual residence´, and is for private short-term/long-term lettings subject to the Spanish Tenancy Act. As such it does not constitute touristic lets as defined by the regional touristic laws.
A contract subject to the Spanish Tenancy Act and the Civil Code will be entered into between the landlord and tenant, and signed at the beginning of the rental term.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Es Cana beach 100 m|
|Access||Car not necessary, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Ibiza Airport 30 km, Nearest railway: Bus station/taxi rank 500 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
A steam iron, ironing board and hairdryer are provided.
|Further details outdoors|
Private terrace/patio area complete with round patio table and chairs, fitted concertina clothes dryer/airer and exterior cupboard and storage box.
The beautiful communal swimming pool is in a seafront position and has ample sunbeds.
There are numerous hotels, bars, shops and supermarkets very close by.
The Balearic Islands region
Situated in the little sea-front village of Es Cana, 10 minutes from Santa Eulalia, 20/30 minutes by taxi from airport.
Es Cana is 16 miles northeast of Ibiza town, 3 miles from Santa Eulalia and 18 miles from the airport.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
27 Sep 2013
"Lovely, Home from Home"
Another lovely holiday in Es Cana in Elaines appartments. Nine of us (5 adults - 4 children) rented the two appartments this time round. I have to say a good time was had by all, and all nine of us re… More
Thank you very much for such a glowing review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your second stay this year as much as your earlier one and that the family you took for the second stay also enjoyed Es Cana, the complex and the apartments. We very much look forward to welcoming all of you back again in the future should you decide to visit Es Cana again.
20 Sep 2013
"Extremely good value, but a little tired"
Extremely great location and good base for getting around Es cana. the apartment and grounds were very clean and tidy. I stayed here with my 83 year old Mum and 24 year old daughter and like all other… More
We thank this guest for her review but confess to being a little puzzled about the reference to the apartment being a little tired as the apartment is decorated and updated on a yearly basis and we are very mindful of keeping all the fixtures, fittings and furniture in very good condition. In fact, in May this year the apartment was provided with brand new bedding, a new t.v./dvd flat screen combo and new pans and cutlery. Later on in the season, new bedspreads were provided and we are looking to provide wi-fi this month.
We have only ever had excellent reviews for this apartment and to get one that is disappointing does concern us and, as such, we feel it necessary to address the issues that the guest has raised.
We would like to deal with the "irritations" in the order in which they have been raised:-
1. On her booking form, the guest indicated that she would be travelling by taxi from the airport. Guests are sent a specific instruction to ask the taxi driver for the Hotel Miami in Es Cana, which is next door to apartments, and whereabouts on this very short road to ask the driver to stop. As this guest wrote to me to ask for the full address of the apartment, which I duly provided, I thought she had decided to have a hire car instead and so sent her the Driving Directions from the apartment. These are very clear and every guest, especially those arriving in the middle of the night, has commented on how clear and concise these directions are, enabling them to find the apartment complex quickly and easily. We are not sure quite how the guest ended up in the Hotel Miami but can only assume that she went past the drop/stop point indicated and then went into the Hotel to ask for assistance. In fact, the Hotel Miami is a large hotel right next door to our apartment complex and, as such, serves as a good indication that guests have reached their destination. At that time of night, only the security guard would have been in attendance at the Hotel. The reception staff, who are extremely friendly and helpful to everybody, including our guests, would have finished for the night. The only signs guests have to look for from the airport are Ibiza town, Santa Eulalia and then Es Cana. It is a very straightforward, virtually straight run except for some roundabouts. There are more detailed directions for once guests have reached the outskirts of Es Cana but these are necessary to make sure guests reach their destination and really are very straightforward. Again, we are puzzled by the reference to arriving in the pitch dark as the street outside, the Hotel Miami and the apartment complex itself are all very well illuminated throughout the night. In addition, on the Directions to Guests that we despatch with the keys, guests are told that there is a light switch by each apartment door which, when pressed, will provide further light in the pedestrian walkways which run beside the front doors of the apartment blocks. These lights then stay on for about 15 minutes.
2. The pans and plastic utensils, as well as the chopping boards and cutlery if necessary, are replaced annually. We do ask guests to take care when using the non-stick pans and to only please use the plastic utensils provided. Unfortunately, some guests still insist in using metal forks and spoons in the pans, thereby destroying the non-stick coating. Some also leave the plastic utensils in the pans whilst cooking, causing these to melt and distort. We do not live in Ibiza and so are unable to police the state of the pans etc. during the course of the season but we do provide new every year, costing at least £50 per apartment per year for the pans alone. As with all things, our customers take us on trust and we take them on trust. Everybody wants nice furnishings and the majority of our customers we have found to be respectful of the apartment and careful in their use of furniture and the facilities provided. However, there have been times when we have had damage caused by guests' misuse/abuse of what they have been provided with and we have no control over this whatsoever. We can only repair/replace where such things have occurred.
3. Guests are told that extra pillows are provided in the apartment, which they may use if they like more than one pillow. However, our cleaning contract is very restrictive which is why guests are asked to kindly launder and dry any extra bedlinen/towels they might use in order to avoid incurring extra costs. Additional bedlinen/towels left for the housekeeper will result in us being charged extra and guests are advised beforehand that this is a chargeable cost.
Finally, as will be appreciated, we have absolutely no control over other holidaymakers making amorous noises but, as this guest has been disturbed in this way, we will be addressing this with the Community President.
Despite the somewhat disappointing comments our guest has submitted, the day after her return from holiday she actually e-mailed me saying - So we are now back from your apartment and a great time was had by all. Thank you. I think she would agree that I tried to be helpful throughout, even pointing out to her that, after reading her booking form, I realised her flight time home was a day earlier than she had indicated when booking the holiday. She was grateful for me telling her as she had not realized with it being an early morning flight and thought she had booked it for the next morning. Although disappointed that she would be having a shorter holiday than planned, she was pleased that she would not be missing her flight and, without being asked to do so, I refunded her the extra day's money.
We do take note of and appreciate any and all feedback from our customers and do try to act upon anything that needs addressing.
19 Sep 2013
"Perfectly located, well equipped apartment."
Stayed in the GF apt for 9 nights in September. From the first enquiry, we found the owners extremely helpful and responsive which gave us the confidence to make our first ever 'private' boo… More
Thank you very much for your kind review. We were very pleased to learn that you were so happy with your very first "private" booking. We appreciate that people can be extremely wary as they essentially do not know the people they are booking with and whether everything is above board. As you say, we do keep the Community Rules posted in the apartment, a requirement of the Community, in order to try to ensure everybody has a good holiday. Our own "Directions to Guests", including directions to our apartments and other essential information, have evolved over the years, and are sent out when despatching the apartment keys, again in the hope ensuring that everything is right for our guests during their holiday.
Thank you, also, for providing some information about the differences between Es Cana and Santa Eulalia and about the water taxi. We are sure future potential guests will find this useful.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future.
3 Sep 2013
Have had a fab holiday at the apartment. Apartment in a great location and lovely and clean. The pool was brilliant for our 11 year old son. Would definitely stay again and having been to Es Cana s… More
Thank you for the lovely review about your recent holiday. So glad you enjoyed both the apartment and the location and that your son enjoyed the pool. Your positive comments are most welcome and we would be very pleased to be able to welcome you back in the future.
16 Aug 2013
"Lovely apartment, fantastic location"
Lovely clean apartment with access to a swimming pool which was also spotlessly clean. The apartment has everything you need and has a fantastic view. It has air con also but with the shutters and bre… More
Thank you for such a lovely review and for all the positive comments about the apartment and the complex. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holiday so much that you are wishing to book again for next year and we look forward to welcoming you back again. It was a pleasure to have such thoughtful, considerate guests.
24 Jul 2013
"Great location for experiencing the quieter side of Ibiza"
We decided not to come to Ibiza for the clubs this year, so wanted somewhere that was in a quieter resort but that provided everything we would want for a week's stay. This apartment in Es Cana did exactly that!
The apartment was a good size and had everything we needed. The resort is quiet and the swimming pool is large, and always had spare loungers. The view of the sea and bay are beautiful and if you're up early enough, the sunrise is stunning!
There are some lovely places to eat and drink within an easy walk (Atzaro Beach Bar on Cala Nova was our favourite).
Elaine was extremely helpful.
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to learn that Es Cana, the apartment and the complex suited your requirements so well. Certainly agree about the amazing sunrises - the sunsets are also pretty stunning. Year on year we are always so pleased that we are lucky enough to get guests that seem to respect our apartments and the amenities so well. Thank you.
23 Jul 2013
"An awesome holiday in a superb apartment owned by some refreshingly lovely people"
Some would say we were mad to consider a holiday abroad with 3 year old twins and a 6 month old baby but we did our research and are happy to report that we stumbled upon a gem of a place. We had a s… More
Thank you for your lovely review and we were so happy you managed to get away for the full period of time you had wanted, albeit a couple of days later than originally planned. So pleased to learn that you really enjoyed your holiday and that you suffered no more "hiccups". If you ever decide to return to Es Cana and to us, we would be very happy to welcome you back.
21 Jul 2013
"Most relaxing holiday ever."
My husband, myself & our 2 lads stayed in this ground floor apartment & it was one of the best holidays we ever had. The area is beautiful & peaceful. The owner is lovely & does her very best to accommodate her guests. We stayed for a week and I have just booked it for 2 weeks next year. It is close to the shops & restaurants and also the 2 beaches.
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It's good to know that you enjoyed your holiday so much that you have already booked for a longer period of stay for next year. We much appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming back your lovely family again next year. Also, thank you for telling people about the apartments on Facebook and for all the recommendations you have made to your friends and acquaintances.
19 Oct 2012
"The Perfect Break"
I loved this apartment, I wanted somewhere quiet and relaxing for a few daysand in all honesty I took a gamble having never been to Es Cana before. I'm glad I did because the location was lovely, with the coastline and sea a stones throw away plus a very short walk to the centre of town where "the action is"!
I'd definitely stay again, many thanks to Elaine for the numerous calls she had from me before I booked. She was thoroughly professional and great to deal with.
Thanks very much for the lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your few days break away and that you "took a gamble on Es Cana". It's nice to know that you considered yourself a winner on this occasion! I remember you very well and can remember that your holiday was shorter than originally envisaged because of flight alterations, so I am doubly pleased that you enjoyed your few days in the warmth and beauty of magical little Es Cana. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
9 Sep 2012
"Fantastic apartment in a fantastic location"
We stayed in the ground floor apartment in Aug 2012. The accommodation was to a good standard, everything worked as it should. The air con was ice cold and the washer was a well used bonus. The location of the apartment is superb, set in well maintained gated grounds and benefiting from a fabulous pool. Nestled between two stunning beaches within a five minute walk, and close to all the restaurants and entertainment Escana has to offer. Its only a fifteen minute walk to the bustling Hippy Market. We have already recommended the apartment to some of our friends and I'm sure we will visit again as soon as we can. To sum up, Its a lovely functional holiday apartment set in the perfect place for a lovely holiday. Elaine was very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her, thanks Elaine.
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed both Es Cana and our apartment and the information you provided will certainly be useful for future potential guests. Thank you also for recommending us to some of your friends. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
You're booking with
Elaine & Mervyn M.
- 10 Years listed
45% Response rate
Calendar last updated:27 Jul 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- Ibiza Town
- 338 properties
- Santa Eulalia del Rio
- 204 properties
- San Josep de sa Talaia
- 97 properties
- La Marina
- 95 properties
- Sant Rafael
- 37 properties
- Roca Lisa
- 34 properties
- Cala Llonga
- 25 properties
- St Miguel
- 23 properties
- Santa Gertrudis De Fruitera
- 19 properties
- San Lorenzo, Ibiza
- 18 properties
- Es Cana
- 18 properties
- Cap Martinet
- 15 properties
- Cala de San Vicente Ibiza
- 15 properties
- Talamanca, Eivissa
- 14 properties
- Eivissa San Juan, Carretera
- 11 properties
- Urbanitzacio Cala Portinax
- 11 properties
- Cala Llenya
- 11 properties
- Sant Josep De Sa Talaia, Sa Carroca
- 10 properties
- Las Salinas, Ibiza
- 9 properties
- Cala Mastella
- 7 properties