Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
APARTMENT C (90 Square Metres) is on the top floor and is luxuriously appointed. 2 Bedrooms + Loft, 2 Balconies ensure sun all day long and the views are breathtaking. Facilities: Finnish Sauna, Laundry room, Ski Room, Covered Parking. The views are simply stunning, a 220 DEGREE PANORAMA across the entire valley with the mighty 'Titlis' and the Benedictine Monastery at the centre. Arguably ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEWS IN SWITZERLAND from an apartment.
Not totally convinced yet ? ... take a look at the GUEST REVIEWS at the bottom of the page !!
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lake Lucerne 20 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Zurich 100 km, Nearest railway: Engelberg 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
Accommodation includes... Open plan Living Area with TV, Hi-Fi, and Sofa bed, Kitchen area; Master Bedroom with double bed, family Bathroom. A unique Second Bedroom with 4 beds, two of them accessed by ladder, high in the roof space and commanding exceptional views through the large feature window.
|Further details outdoors|
ALPHAVEN … a few other things you might like to know! • Alphaven is 1200 metres (4000 feet) above Sea Level • It is a 4 Minute Walk to the Ski Bus (Route 4) which is free during the Ski Season and is every half an hour (on the hour and half past the hour) • It takes 10 minutes to walk to the village and allow 15 minutes to walk back up! • When there is snow cover … you can Ski / Board back to the house from the “Brunni” side of the mountain • There is a footpath next to the house which connects to all the beautiful walking routes. • There is a Sitting Area in the Garden above the house which is a perfect setting in the summer for Barbecue's or simply relaxing and enjoying the magnificent views. • If you want to eat out and don’t want to drive,the four star Waldegg Hotel is a 5 minute walk , it has a delightful restaurant with wonderful food and a recently completed Swimming Pool and Gym. A Magnificent new 18 Hole Golf Course completes the picture for the perfect Summer Stays
The Lucerne Region
Central Switzerland is one of the most scenic mountain areas of Switzerland. Lucerne is one of the prettiest historic cities in Europe and is set on one of Switzerlands most beautiful lakes. It is home to the famous Pilatus and Rigi mountains. Berne and Interlaken are all within striking distance.
ENGELBERG IS THE CLOSEST SKI / SUMMER RESORT TO ZURICH AIRPORT
• Engelberg has one of the LONGEST SKI SEASONS In Europe … Early November to Late May
• Most of the 82 kms of Skiing / Boarding is ABOVE 1800m which guarantees EXCELLENT SNOW COVER
• The TITLIS GLACIER at over 3000m. gives you superb Skiing / Boarding … ALL YEAR ROUND
• The run from the Titlis to the village is a VERTICAL DROP OF 2000m … one of the LONGEST in the Alps
• Engelberg is superb for Snowboarding with a BOARDERS SNOWPARK, 2 Half Pipes and many thrilling “off-piste” runs
• Many other activities during the Winter include:
Cross Country Skiing … Paragliding … Swimming … Tennis … Ice Skating … Winter Walking …Sledging … Ice Climbing... Go -Karting … Horse and Carriage Rides... Sports Centre... Kindergarten
• There are plenty of excellent Restaurants and Bars and a few lively Nightspots
• Engelberg is absolutely beautiful in the Summer with LOTS TO DO !, when you’re not taking it easy … and relaxing in the sun !
• A magnificent new 18 HOLE GOLF COURSE, in the most beautiful setting, completely surrounded by mountains... Takes the golfing experience to new heights!
• SUMMER WALKING in Engelberg is simply the best anywhere in the Alps … 380 Km. of well signposted hiking paths cover the whole area, with absolutely stunning views wherever you look
• A host of other Summer Activities include :
Kayaking … Glacier Walks … Glacier Grotto … Bungie Jumping … Paragliding … Rock Climbing... Mountain Biking …Devil Biking …Canyoning... Fun Lift …Flying Fox(Abseiling)…Skating... Summer Sledge Run … Children's Activity Park... Go – Karting … Swimming & Tennis (indoor and Outdoor) … Glacier Skiing and Boarding
• Founded in the twelfth century, the HISTORIC BENEDICTINE MONASTERY in the middle of the town with its magnificent baroque church is unmissable... boasting the largest church organ in Switzerland
• LUCERNE and all it’s attractions (including an IMAX Cinema) are only half an hour’s drive away … and you can be on Lake Lucerne in 20 minutes. Tours of the Lake on 100 year old PADDLE STEAMERS are a truly MAGICAL EXPERIENCE.