ALPHAVEN Apartment A
About the home
Apartment A is probably the finest apartment in Engelberg and in the most magnificent setting. With floor to ceiling windows and balcony around 3 sides, the views are simply stunning and it boasts a massive floor area of 150 sq metres. Arguably the best views in Switzerland from an apartment.
A large private terrace to the side has a covered “Hot Tub” (Exclusively for Apartment A's use) all year round... along with a Barbecue. Additional features include an open wood burning fireplace, Cable and UK Satellite TV, Hi-Fi, DVD & a computer with internet access (wireless connection for your laptop too!)
Treat yourself…it really is... the Ultimate in Luxury Apartments ... ideal for Honeymoons, Wedding Anniversaries and Special Occasions.
Accommodation includes ... Open plan Very spacious Living Area with fireplace, 37" Plasma TV, Hi-Fi, DVD separate Dining Area; Luxurious custom-built Kitchen includes fridge, freezer, oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher, Cloakroom ("Half Bath"); Master Bedroom with double bed, TV, Hi-Fi, “Walk In” Wardrobe, En-suite Luxury Bathroom in marble and granite includes, large bath, 2 washbasins, shower, w.c; Two outside terraces plus a spacious covered sitting area on central part of balcony.
Use of Finnish Sauna, Laundry / Washer Drier, Ski Room and direct access to delightful Garden.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedroom|
|Nearest beach:||Lake Lucerne, 18km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Nearest amenities: 1km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Jacuzzi / Hot tub, Sauna, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 7|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
ALPHAVEN … a few other things you might like to know!
• Alphaven is 1200 metres (4000 feet) above Sea Level
• It is a 5 Minute Walk to the Ski Bus (Route 4) which is free during the Ski Season and is every half an hour (on the hour and half past the hour)
• It takes 10 minutes to walk to the village and allow 15 minutes to walk back or take the free 'Terrace Bahn' train which takes you half way!
• When there is snow cover … you can Ski / Board back to the house from the “Brunni” side of the mountain
• There is a footpath next to the house which connects to the 360Kms of beautiful walking routes in Engelberg
• There is a Sitting Area with Barbecue in the Garden above the house which is the perfect setting in Summer for simply relaxing and enjoying the magnificent views.
• If you want to eat out and don’t want to drive,the four star Waldegg Hotel is an 8 minute walk , it has a delightful Restaurant with wonderful food and a recently completed Luxury Spa, Pool and Gym which is open to non-residents.
ENGELBERG really is one of the most beautiful mountain resorts in the world … and you’ll discover that ALPHAVEN enjoys the most beautiful setting in Engelberg
Further details outdoors:
• Engelberg has one of the longest Ski Seasons In Europe … Early November to Late May
• Most of the 82 kms of Skiing / Boarding is above 1800m which guarantees excellent snow cover
• The TITLIS GLACIER at over 3000m. gives you superb Skiing / Boarding … ALL YEAR ROUND
• The run from the Titlis to the village is a vertical drop of 2000m … one of the longest in the Alps
• Engelberg is superb for Snowboarding with a Snow Park and many thrilling “off-piste” runs
• Many other activities during the Winter include:
Cross Country Skiing … Paragliding … Swimming … Tennis … Ice Skating … Winter Walking …Sledging … Ice Climbing... Go -Karting … Horse and Carriage Rides... Sports Centre... Kindergarten
• There are plenty of excellent Restaurants and Bars and a few lively Nightspots
• Engelberg is absolutely beautiful in the Summer with LOTS TO DO !, when you’re not taking it easy … and relaxing in the sun !
• A magnificent new 18 HOLE GOLF COURSE, in the most beautiful setting, completely surrounded by mountains... Takes the golfing experience to new heights!
• SUMMER WALKING in Engelberg is simply the best anywhere in the Alps … 380 Km. of well signposted hiking paths cover the whole area, with absolutely stunning views wherever you look
• A host of other Summer Activities include :
Kayaking … Glacier Walks … Glacier Grotto … Bungie Jumping … Paragliding … Rock Climbing... Mountain Biking …Devil Biking …Canyoning... Fun Lift …Flying Fox(Abseiling)…Skating... Summer Sledge Run … Children's Activity Park... Go – Karting … Swimming & Tennis (indoor and Outdoor) … Glacier Skiing and Boarding
• Founded in the twelfth century, the HISTORIC BENEDICTINE MONASTERY in the middle of the town with its magnificent baroque church is unmissable... boasting the largest church organ in Switzerland
• LUCERNE and all it’s attractions (including an IMAX Cinema) are only half an hour’s drive away … and you can be on Lake Lucerne in 20 minutes
ENGELBERG has more than 220 Days of Sunshine a Year !
The minimum stay/cost is 3 Nights. Smoking is only permitted outside the house on the Terraces or Balcony.
The Lucerne Region region
Obwalden is one of the 3 original Cantons that marked the beginning of modern day Switzerland.
Luzern is half an hour's drive from Engelberg and is one of the most beautiful old towns in Europe. With it's famous Wooden bridge, beautiful Lake and Mount Pilatus and Mount Rigi for the views ... it really is a "must see".
The Engelberg area
Engelberg is one of the best kept secrets in Switzerland. This beautiful old town at the end of it's own valley is completely surrounded by mountains. The locals call it "Heaven" and it really is.
In WINTER it has one of the LONGEST SKI SEASONS in Europe (NOVEMBER to late MAY) and with the high Skiing and north facing slopes GUARANTEED SNOW ... and in SUMMER it has a magnificent 18 HOLE GOLF COURSE and 360KMS of unbeatable WALKING/HIKING trails.
The magnificent 12th Century Benedictine Monastery is at the centre of the town and it's bells ring out to reach everyone in the valley. As well as the wonderful Church containing Switzerland's largest pipe organ, there is a Cheese Making Factory, Museum, Shops, Restaurants, Nightspots etc.
Engelberg has a host of Events throughout the year, some mainstream, some ... VERY QUIRKY and VERY SWISS !!!!!!!
DECEMBER World Cup Ski Jumping ... only natural Ski Jump left on World Cup Circuit ... can watch from the house !!!
JANUARY Igloo Hotel ... BIG Igloo constructed for the season by Lake Trubsee 6000ft
FEBRUARY Swiss Carnival ... Traditional Street Processions, Wacky Colourful Costumes, Crazy Music, Great Fun!!!!
MARCH Circus on Frozen Lake ... Fullscale Traditional (Non Animal) Circus constructed with Helicopters on frozen Lake Trubsee 6000ft
APRIL Waterslide Contest ... Crazy Competition in the snow at 7000ft where Boarders and Skiers in various states of undress try to whiz across a 50ft Pool of water without falling in. A knockout contest with the survivors having a shorter and shorter run up until there's only 1 winner ...
BRRR! VERY COLD WATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAY Synchronised Skiing ... Ski Schools from Central Switzerland meet to compete at Synchronised Skiing ... AMAZING TO WATCH ...
THE RED ARROWS ON SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
JUNE Vintage Car Rally 400 Vintage and Classic Cars drive up to Engelberg from Sarnen with 800 Drivers, many in full authentic costume.
JULY Ice Festival ... A range of Fun Activities at 10,000 feet on the Tilis Glacier Park ... Snow Tubing, Crevasse Abseiling, Snow Skating Park, Airboard Run etc. ... Great FAMILY EVENT ... ALL THE THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD DO ON SNOW AND ICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUGUST/SEPTEMBER ... National Swiss Day; Fireworks / Tug of War/ Rughubbel Mountain Run/ Bathe in a bath of Cow's Whey/ Walk the Brunni Tickle Trail etc. etc. etc.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
The idyllic village of ENGELBERG is one of Switzerland's best kept secrets ... and is the closest Mountain Resort to Zurich & Basel Airports. Easyjet have regular flights to both Airports from all over Europe.
DRIVE: A little over an hour’s drive from both airports. From Zurich Airport, take motorway 'A1 Bern' then 'A2 Luzern' (From Basel Airport take 'A2 Luzern'.) Continue on A2 past Luzern, then follow signs for 'Gothard'. Exit at 'Stans Sud' and follow direction 'Engelberg / Engelbergerthal'
(Chains or 4X4 are required in the Winter.)
TRAIN: There are regular trains from both Zurich and Basel Airports to Engelberg. “Intercity” train to Luzern then onto the delightful mountain train that takes you up the valley to Engelberg. Taxi from the station to Alphaven (Zelgli 44.)
Total journey time - 2 hours 30 minutes
Activities near Engelberg
Ski resort location
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
A winter sun break
03 Apr 2013
Wonderfully kind hosts, impeccable apartment (we stayed in Apt B on the ground floor) with truly wonderful/stunning views. Well apointed, everything you need (even a full fondue set) in the kitchen... more
19 Mar 2013
Stayed in Apartment B for a long weekend at the start of March with 3 friends. The apartment is absolutely terrific, large, well designed and with amazing views over town and down the... more
11 Mar 2013
We were a group of four, living in apartment C.
Easy access with keys and everything. Short walk down to the skibus, we were sceptical but it proved very easy. Not a long walk down to the... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|23 Mar 13||6 Apr 13||£ 2100||£ 300||£ 300||3 Nights|
|6 Apr 13||29 Jun 13||£ 1890||£ 270||£ 270||3 Nights|
|29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||£ 2100||£ 300||£ 300||3 Nights|
|31 Aug 13||21 Dec 13||£ 1540||£ 220||£ 220||2 Nights|
|21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 2800||£ 400||£ 400||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Costs are in Swiss Francs (CHF) per apartment per night. CHF350.00 Low Season to CHF600.00 High Season
APARTMENT A ... there is a charge of CHF30.00 per person per stay for Towels and Bedlinen. There is also a charge of CHF250.00 for Cleaning. Local Tax is CHF3.20 per person per day (12 years and over)
THESE PRICES ARE BASED ON A 7 NIGHT STAY ... PLEASE CONTACT US ABOUT SHORTER STAYS. WE HAVE 4 APARTMENTS IN TOTAL.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
7 years listed
You are contacting
John O' Brien
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2005. This apartment has received 18 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
ALPHAVEN Apartment C in Engelberg, Switzerland