Chalet | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 7
MAIGLÜCK is a delightful chalet situated in one of the most beautiful valleys in Switzerland.
Completely surrounded by mountains, it is in a wonderfully romantic setting just a short distance from the centre of ENGELBERG. This spacious and well equipped family house is in a very peaceful location and is superbly positioned for Winter Sports and Summer Walking.
Maiglück is the perfect place for max. 6 adults and 2 children.
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lake Lucerne 20 km|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||700 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Zürich 100 km, Nearest railway: Engelberg 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors|
This cosy CHALET is on three levels and has a large floor area of 180 square metres with sensational views from every window.
On the ground floor, there is a very spacious Living Room with spectacular views towards the Titlis and the Hahnen, TV/Stereo/Radio, a modern and fully equipped Kitchen which includes fridge, dishwasher, electric stove and oven, a Bathroom / Bathrube/Toilet and a balcony.
The lower ground floor comprises 2 Twin Bedrooms with a Shower and Toilet and the laundry / washer drier.
The top floor has a Double Bedroom with lovely views of the Titlis and a Twin Bedroom (Bunk bed) ideal for children, a Bathroom / Shower and a very useful Office / Reading Room.
|Further details outdoors|
The house has a delightful private garden with a sunny terrace to the rear for relaxing or enjoying the fantastic panoramic views across open countryside to the snow covered mountains beyond. There is ample parking for 2 cars next to the house.
• MAIGLÜCK is 1000 meters (3000 feet) above Sea Level • It takes 10 minutes to walk to the village through beautiful countryside • In the Winter Season it is a 2 minute Walk to the Ski Bus (Route 3) which is free and is every half an hour • It is a 2 minute Walk to the beginners ski area • If you want to eat out in one of the best Restaurants in Engelberg it is a 2 minute walk to Restaurant Schweizerhaus • From Maiglück you can head off in all directions on the 360 Kms of beautiful walking routes in Engelberg • A Magnificent new 18 Hole Golf Course completes the picture for the perfect Summer Stay .
• Engelberg is in the heart of Switzerland making it the perfect starting point to discover Switzerland
• It takes 30 minutes by car to Lucerne - the most beautiful historic city in Switzerland set right on Lake Lucerne.
The Lucerne Region
Central Switzerland is one of the most scenic mountain areas of Switzerland. Lucerne is one of the prettiest historic cities in Europe with fantastic mountain panorama over lake of Lucerne to Titlis.
Lake Lucerne - the Lake in the Heart of Europe - is fascinating due to its picturesque landscape and historical sites. Nostalgic paddle-steamers - enable you to take round trips and offer endless possibilities for excursions which can also be combined with mountain railways along the lake like to the famous Pilatus and Rigi mountains.
ENGELBERG is in the heart of Switzerland making it the perfect starting point to discover Switzerland.
ENGELBERG SKI / SUMMER RESORT CLOSE TO ZURICH AIRPORT.
With an elevation of 3020 metres above sea level, Titlis is Central Switzerland's loftiest peak accessible by anyone, highest lookout point and only glacier. Ride the revolving Titlis Rotair cable car and you'll enjoy breathtaking views of the Alps. Here you can enjoy the fun of winter in summer and visit the glacier cave.
• MAIGLÜCK is the perfect location for a Ski Chalet
• In the Winter Season it is a 2 minute Walk to the Ski Bus (Route 3) which is free and is every half an hour.
• It is a 2 minute Walk to the beginners ski area
• Engelberg has one of the LONGEST SKI SEASONS In Europe … November to Late May
• Most of the 82 kms of Skiing / Boarding is ABOVE 1800m which guarantees EXCELLENT SNOW COVER, in addition all the slopes are covered by snow making machines all the way down to Engelberg!
• On TITLIS GLACIER at over 3000m you can Ski ALL YEAR ROUND
• The run from the Titlis to the village is a VERTICAL DROP OF 2000m … one of the LONGEST in the Alps
• Engelberg is fantastic for Snowboarding with SNOWPARKS, Half Pipes and many thrilling “off-piste” runs
• Other activities during the Winter include:
Cross Country Skiing … Paragliding … Swimming … Tennis … Ice Skating … Winter Walking …Sledging … Ice Climbing... Go -Karting … Horse and Carriage Rides... Sports Centre... Kindergarten
• There are plenty of excellent Restaurants and Bars and a few lively Nightspots
• Engelberg is absolutely fantastic for Summer holidays with LOTS TO DO.... or just for relaxing in the sun !
• A magnificent new 18 HOLE GOLF COURSE. Playing a round of golf in the midst of the fantastic mountain panorama is a perfect way to combine nature, sport and relaxation!
• SUMMER WALKING 380 Km of well signposted hiking paths cover the whole area, with absolutely stunning views wherever you look. Discover the beautiful mountain and panoramic scenery, breathe in fresh Alpine air and the scent of flowers
• Other Summer Activities:
Kayaking … Glacier Walks … Glacier Grotto … Bungie Jumping … Paragliding … Rock Climbing... Mountain Biking …Devil Biking …Canyoning... Fun Lift …Flying Fox(Abseiling)…Skating... Summer Sledge Run … Children's Activity Park... Go – Karting … Swimming & Tennis (indoor and Outdoor) … Glacier Skiing and Boarding.
• Founded in the twelfth century, the HISTORIC BENEDICTINE MONASTERY is magnificent.
• Valley Museum • Grafenort Manor from the 17th century • Music Concerts..........
• Engelberg is in the heart of Switzerland making it the perfect starting point to discover the rest of Switzerland
• LUCERNE - the most beautiful historic city in Switzerland set right on Lake Lucerne and all it’s attractions (IMAX Cinema, Glacier Garden, Transport Museum....) is only half an hour’s drive away.
• Tours of the Lake on 100 year old PADDLE STEAMERS are a truly MAGICAL EXPERIENCE.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
28 Dec 2012
"Very comfortable traditional mountain chalet with wonderful views"
This is our second stay at Maigluck so it was like home from home coming back again. It really is a very comfortable charming traditional mountain chalet with wonderful views of the surrounding mounta… More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
93% Response rate
Calendar last updated:07 Sep 2014
Based in Switzerland
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 139 properties
- 85 properties
- 67 properties
- 65 properties
- 62 properties
- 62 properties
- 57 properties
- 27 properties
- 20 properties
- 20 properties
- 18 properties
- Hasliberg Wasserwendi
- 17 properties
- 14 properties
- Valle di Blenio
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 8 properties
- 6 properties