Mill ''De Phoenix"
Windmill | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Facilities of the mill
Today, the mill body is still intact, but is internally transformed into a pleasant holiday accommodation. In the mill you will find;
• a cozy living room
• modern kitchen
• 2 toilets
• a bathroom with shower
• 3 bedrooms (all with a 2 bed)
Around the mill is a garden of 1500 m2. From the mill has a magnificent view over the surrounding countryside. On top of the mill body, enjoy remarkable views of the South Beveland and the Westerschelde (water to Antwerp)
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Flushing 20 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Rotterdam or Brussels 100 km, Nearest railway: Goes 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors|
On the embankment of the polder Ellewoutsdijk, one kilometer north of the village Ellewoutsdijk (Zealand), the round stone ground sailor "The Hope" in 1866 was built. In 1934 the mill was struck by lightning and burns completely. The mill is constructed as a stone mill and get the aptly named "The Phoenix".
In early October 1944 the mill is very heavily shelled.
The major damage was seen as restoring windmill no longer sit and remained only the mill body intact. Under the proposition of the mill is the mill space thus created more living space. Partly because the mill is a great accommodation for your vacation to spend.
Southern Holland region
Zealand is a province in the southwest of the Netherlands. Zealand is adjacent to the Dutch provinces of Zuid-Holland and Noord-Brabant and the Belgian provinces of West Flanders, East Flanders and (for a small piece) Antwerp.
For any more information on the region please do not hesitate to contact us.
The mill is an excellent starting point to various parts of Zeeland and Belgium to visit. Here are a few suggestions.
• Goes, a bustling town with a picturesque harbor and attractive market.
• Middelburg, the monumental city of Zeeland, visit the Abbey Square, Long John, City Hall or one of the many museums.
• Flushing, a city on the Westerschelde with its long promenade where you can enjoy the ships that sail close to the coast.
• The construction of the Westerschelde, connection between South Beveland and Zeeland Flanders, is a trip to Belgium a lot easier. For instance, the cities of Ghent, Knokke and Bruges and 45 minutes and 1.15 hours drive.
• Yerseke, mussels or lobster dinner at the famous Yerseke.
• Old-fashioned steam train, take a train trip through the South Beveland.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
93% Response rate
Based in Netherlands
- Visit site
- Brussels City
- 121 properties
- 53 properties
- 29 properties
- 20 properties
- The Hague
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 16 properties
- 15 properties
- 10 properties
- Knokke Le Zoute
- 10 properties