Thermal Apart in Eger city
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
A real jewel, Eger is a romantic town, abounding in history. Here you will walk the narrow cobbled streets below our famous love-struck fortress, and taste the town's renowned Bull's Blood wine on a magical summer night.
Whether you are here on a family holiday, have come to spend a few fun-filled days with friends, or a romantic weekend get-away, Eger's charming history will enchant you.
Thermal Apart awaits you in all its 63m2 glory; the welcoming apartment is fully equipped for your comfort and leisure. Merely a 3-minute walk from the town center, the apartment offers a living room, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with a shower . Conveniently furnished to satisfy all needs, Thermal Apart is the ideal holiday getaway that can host up to 6 people!
We maintain excellent relations with various local wine makers and city-tour guides, offering various sightseeing and wine tour programs upon request.
Don't hesitate: make your booking with us now!
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lake Velence 241 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Liszt Ferenc Airport 115 km, Nearest railway: Railway Station in Eger 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Bicycles available|
Northern Hungary region
Eger is a real jewelry box of Hungary and one of the most visited cities of the country. Once in Hungary, it's a must to come and spend a couple of days in this magnificent baroque city, Eger. The city is most loved for its wine,you can taste the legendary "Bull's Blood of Eger" (Egri Bikaver) here. Based on Kékfrankos, Bull's Blood is a cuvee, a blend of three or more grapes, matured in oak barrels for at least 12 months.
All seasons can offer you something special;here are some of the most popular events of the city:
- Easter Festival (end of March, beginning of April)
- Festival of Red Bull's of Eger ('Egri Bikavér') on St. Donát's Day (July)
- Castle Festivities; Historical Festival (end of July)-you can participate at the famous "Fortress/Castle Games" organized by the local "Castle Museum"; a fun event lasts for three days in July; the event takes you a couple of centuries back in time, you can enjoy authentic food, "knight tournaments", music and games within the walls of the fortress.
- Baroque Festival in Eger (July to August)
- Festival in the Valley of the Beautiful Women (mid-August)- concerts and wine-wine-wine with lovely food
- Wine Tasting at Eger Market (mid-August)
- Agria International Folk Dance Festival (August)
- Festival of Eger (mid-Sept.)
- Day of Eger Castle (oct. 17.); all museums of the castle are free of charge
- Christmas Market at Dobó square (December)- with Advent Candles and nice stalls with Christmas gifts and lots of mulled wine
During summer time, you can enjoy the sunshine spending a day at the legendary thermal baths or at the Olympic size swimming pool.
The city is also well known for its historic buildings (including the northernmost Turkish minaret)and baroque churches.
Eger and its surroundings played a memorable part in Hungarian history when a small Hungarian army halted a major Turkish military expedition in 1552.
The relics of Hungarian history, the wonderful location, the cultural life, the medicinal spa waters and baths attract many visitors from home and abroad to this mellow old town.
Don't miss it, come and spend a few days in this lovely place.
Eger is by the Northern foot of the Matra and Bukk mountaines. You can take hikes and ride horses and bikes in the mountains and the mountain villages.
In Northern Hungary you'll find:
- wildly beautiful landscapes dominated by the forested ridges of the Northern Mountain range,
- with quaint villages nestling in the valleys,
- crumbling fortresses,
- stately castles,
- divine wines, and
- delicious food.
What else do you need for a perfect vacation? Water?
There are three major rivers of the area: the Tisza, the Bodrog and the Hernád, providing plenty of opportunity for angling and kayaking.
The whole area is famous for its curative thermal baths and sights. Viticulture began in the region as early as the 11th century, when monks in the bishopric of Eger (founded by Hungary's first king, Saint Stephen) brought grapes indigenous to their own country with them into Hungary.
you can also find the following World Heritage Sites in this area:
- The Baradla Cave system at Aggtelek next to the Slovak border,
- The small village of Hollóko in the Cserhát Hill, was the first village included in the World Heritage program in 1987, is a living museum of folk art and traditions.
- The Tokaj Wine Region home of the world famous dessert wine the "Tokaji Aszú"
The Rákóczi family owned the Zemplén area with Sárospatak as its centre. Their castle is a fine example of late-Renaissance architecture in Hungary.
If you like Folk Art, you can find the best examples here;
Two major ethnic groups have maintained their rich folk traditions in the northern part of Hungary. In Mezokövesd and in the two nearby villages (Tard and Szentistván) live the "Matyó"-s. "Matyós" have been faithful to their Catholic religion within a Protestant environment. You can see colourful "Matyó" embroideries in the "Jankó Bori House" in Mezokövesd.
Wonderful tourist attractions surround; the four-towered Castle of Diósgyor built in the 14th-15th century and once a wedding premise of many Hungarian kings and queens' hosts historic days every August. You can relax within a serene and beautiful natural environment in Lillafüred or have a bath at a magnificent cave bath in Miskolctapolca.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
23 Jul 2014
"Good location and service"
Very close to all attractions- within walking distance. Clean and comfortable accomodation. Small kitchen but all essentials were covered.… More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Based in Hungary
- 12 properties