Edinburgh Luxury Holiday Flat
Apartment | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
19 Warrender Park Crescent offers a fantastic base from which to explore Edinburgh's many attractions. The apartment has been tastefully decorated and furnished and provides excellent accommodation for larger parties of up to 8 plus baby.
There are 4 bedrooms, 2 large doubles and 2 twins, 2 modern shower rooms, a spacious kitchen with dining table for 6/8 and a large lounge with additional dining facilities for 8 allowing the visitor to dine in comfort whilst overlooking Edinburgh Castle – a wonderful sight at any time of day but particularly in the evening with the floodlit castle creating an even more dramatic backdrop.
Awarded 4 stars by the Scottish Tourist Board.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Further details indoors|
TV with BT Vision & DVD
Fully equipped kitchen
Coal effect fire
All bedding and towels
There is a coal effect fire for cosy nights in.
|Further details outdoors|
Metred on street parking is available directly outside the apartment which is free over weekends.
The Lothians region
The historic city of Edinburgh provides visitors with the opportunity to experience a wealth of cultural attractions from the many art galleries within the city to the impressive choice of theatres and restaurants each giving its own unique experience to the visitor and allowing them to be part of the excitement and buzz of a night out in Scotland’s capital city. With its stunning Georgian and Victorian architecture, and winding medieval streets, it’s easy to see why Edinburgh has been listed as a World Heritage Site. Edinburgh Castle dominates the urban skyline, perched on the crags of an ancient volcano right in the centre of the city, and overlooks Edinburgh’s Old Town, where a walk down the historic narrow wynds and closes is one of the most captivating experiences the city has to offer. There’s plenty of open space too, including Arthur’s Seat, a large parkland area of hills and lochs, plus many public parks and tree lined avenues close to the city centre including The Meadows directly opposite the apartment. For active types, there's an extensive and varied choice of activities and sports or if you just want to exercise your wallet, the capital is a great place to shop.
In August the city is enveloped by the Edinburgh Festival, a term used to cover the collection of various festivals which take over the city in an explosion of cultural expression. The streets are filled with tourists, buskers and performers and every available space in the capital is pushed into use as a venue. The summer programme includes The International Festival and the Fringe which together feature the best the world has to offer in classical and contemporary dance, music, opera, comedy, drama and theatre. The spectacle of the Military Tattoo held at the Castle Esplanade attracts a huge number of visitors each year together with the firework display signalling the end of the festival for another year. Hogmany in Edinburgh and the New Year celebrations are unrivalled in terms of atmosphere and produce one of the largest street parties in the world.
All in all never a dull moment!
Castle View is located in an excellent position just 15 to 20 minutes walk from Princes Street and the city centre. The apartment has wonderful views across The Meadows and Bruntsfield Links, a large grassy parkland area, towards Edinburgh Castle with Carlton Hill and Edinburgh city centre skyline in the distance.
The Castle itself and Edinburgh’s historic Old Town including The Royal Mile are also within easy walking distance, allowing our guests to visit a large number of Edinburgh’s many famous attractions on foot. Bruntsfield Links, immediately opposite the apartment, is an open park area with pitch and putt course, and tennis courts and play parks can be found at the eastern edge of The Meadows only a few minutes walk away.
The Royal Commonwealth Swimming Pool and the famous Arthur’s Seat (the Queens Parkland adjacent to Holyrood Palace), are within a short walk. Regular bus links on Bruntsfield Place and Melville Drive provide easy access to other areas of Edinburgh slightly further afield, and are again only minutes from the apartment.
The Bruntsfield and Marchmont areas of Edinburgh where the apartment is located have the benefit of a variety of excellent restaurants and cafés, and local shops provide a wide ranging source of goods from quality delicatessen food to high fashion shoes.
A car is advised, but the property is on bus routes and within walking distance of the centre so a car is not needed.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
9 Aug 2014
We had the most amazing 5 days staying in this apartment and enjoying the sights of Edinburgh. The apartment had everything you could need and was so lovely and spacious, beautifully presented and ve… More
30 Mar 2014
"Beautiful flat in great location - could use a few upgrades"
We just finished a 5 night stay in this flat with our children and parents (4 adults, 3 children). The flat is located adjacent to the Bruntsfield Links and Meadows park areas. From the flat, it is an… More
Just to confirm that we have replaced the double mattress so hopefully a more comfortable nights sleep will be possible - thanks for bringing it to our attention. Regarding the plumbing there was a problem with a blocked drain which happens occasionally depending on what's put down the toilet! It doesn't happen very often thankfully but we're sorry that it did on this occasion. We did manage to get it resolved quickly though and our caretaker does monitor it between bookings to make sure there isn't a problem before a guest arrives.
24 Oct 2013
"Beautiful convenient flat"
I've stayed at this flat for five years now, for a week during the Edinburgh Festival, with friends, and, more recently, with my partner and this year our ten-month-old daughter. The flat is a gr… More
14 Oct 2013
"Great location, excellent apartment."
Travelled with a stag party of 7 adults, this apartment was perfect and I got lots of compliments on landing the place!
The GOOD: Excellent apartment, well finished and fully furnished, comfortable beds, strong central heating, lots of cooking utensils and cutlery etc (i've stayed in apartments that had nothing..), towels and shower products, milk in fridge, tea and coffee were left for us, 2 bathrooms, excellent location < 10 min walk from station and centre. Worked out £40 per person per night which is pretty cheap. Spotlessly clean.
Free wifi although signal wasnt great.
The BAD: Was tough getting hold of the agent at times and some confusion over the booking but nothing that impacted on our stay. Wifi signal wasnt great, but that's being real picky! Narrow steps downward to property so not easily accessible for disabled/elderly/drunk
20 Sep 2013
"Excellent first impression of Edinburgh"
First I would like to thank Caroline for letting us stay in her beautiful apartment. She was a great host that coordinated a taxi to pick us up from the airport and called us upon our arrival to the apartment to make sure everything we didn't need anything else. We were also greeted to a welcome basket of tea, wine, and shortbread. The apartment was beyond our expectations. It was a beautiful 4 bedroom flat with a living room, kitchen, and two bathrooms. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you would need to cook a meal. The apartment is situated next to 2 very large parks and an easy walking distance (about a mile) to the Royal Mile and Princes Street. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Edinburgh and liked the option of being able to cook our own meals. If I ever get the option to return to Edinburgh I would definitely be a renting out this apartment again. Thank you for making our stay very enjoyable and helping me create memories to last a lifetime.
25 Jun 2013
The good:Perfect location Spacious apartmentThe bad:Cold water in 1 bath, which meant we were 6 persons for 1 bathroom each morning.1 toilet was leaking.In general, it was close to impossible to get i… More
We are very disappointed at receiving a negative review (the first negative review we have had in over 5 years of letting) and are keen to provide a response to the comments made. We always endeavour to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay at Castle View and are deeply concerned if that appears not to be the case, as on this occasion. We feel that it would be helpful to respond to the review by setting out below the facts of the situation and we'll leave it up to any readers to come to their own conclusions:-
• We spoke to the guest on at least 2 occasions prior to the holiday and advised that, as they were arriving later in the evening, the keys would be left at a nearby hotel - the guest confirmed he had googled the hotel where keys were being left and therefore knew where to go to pick them up as is borne out by the fact that they gained access to the apartment as planned. We would concede that the hotel details were not intimated in writing but were confirmed over the phone.
• At no point were we notified of any problems in the apartment during the guests stay and therefore were given no opportunity to rectify any alleged problems. Following the guests comments after departure we instructed a plumber to investigate any leak from the toilet who found that, although there was no leak present when he inspected, it may have been possible that if the pipe at the rear was subjected to any minor movement it may have resulted in a temporary leak. We have had this resealed to avoid any further potential issues.
• Prior to departure the guests lodged a very positive review on Trip Advisor giving the apartment 4 stars which was subsequently withdrawn following the checkout issues
Review #6295388 "Fabulous location and apartment "
Location Cant be better. Park is fabulous, quiet , very few People, public golf , we loved the cafe pavilion in the park, cosy with tarot Reading , crystal shop, 5 min walk from apartment. Restaurant apartment and levens thai fusion restaurant , Were also 5 min walk from apartment , and some of the best food we have had. We had cosy family time in kitchen and living room, and amazing view to park from living room
• The principal problem would seem to have been the situation which arose on departure. We are very sorry if the guest feels they were badly treated in any way, however throughout any exchanges, the guests were dealt with in a polite, non confrontational way and we do not believe we could have acted any differently. The facts of the matter are that at no point prior to the day of departure did the guest request a later departure time. Our Booking Form which had been duly completed, signed and returned to us confirmed a departure time of 10.30am unless by prior arrangement. Furthermore our departure time was set out in the Terms and Conditions on both our own website and the website entry for the holiday company through which the guest booked.
• The first indication we had of any mention of a later departure was by a text message sent to us just before 9am on the departure date (90 minutes before checkout time) with an unclear message advising us that they were leaving at 4pm – we were not sure whether this meant the apartment, Edinburgh or perhaps the airport! Just in case there was any ambiguity we immediately texted back reminding the guest that the departure time was 10.30 am as stipulated and that the next guest's were arriving at 2pm – text sent verified by Orange that it was sent to the correct number and shortly after receipt of the original text. We received no response to the text and therefore assumed all was as per the pre-agreed departure time. Not until our caretaker arrived at the apartment just before 12 did we realise there was a problem as although the guests were not there they had not yet vacated the apartment as all their belongings were still there and had not been packed up. We had other guests due to arrive at 2pm and therefore were placed in a very difficult position with a very limited time to do the turnaround. We managed to get hold of the guests by leaving a message on their mobile (the same mobile that the earlier text had been received from and our response sent to, despite the guests suggesting that the text was not received) who then called back. We advised politely that they were required to leave as soon as possible as the required departure time was 10.30am as per the agreement and that we had other guests arriving at 2pm so we had no room for leeway. The guests agreed to return to the apartment and pack up as soon as possible. At no point were they 'aggressively kicked out of the apartment' and we are surprised at the accusation that they were which bears no element of truth whatsoever. Our caretaker acted in a helpful and sympathetic manner during the time when the guests were packing up their belongings prior to their departure.
• The guests would appear to be unhappy primarily as a result of their suggestion that we did not respond to their unacceptably late request to vacate the apartment after the stipulated departure time of 10.30am. We have offered to provide confirmation from our mobile phone provider detailing the time the text was sent and the number it was sent to. To date we have received no response. In any event we could not have reasonably been expected to agree to a later departure time with no formal request other than a texted message received 90 minutes prior to the checkout time of 10.30am.
• Surely we can't be held responsible for any inconvenience caused to a holidaymaker as a direct result of the holidaymaker failing to adhere to the terms of the written agreement.
We are obviously sorry that on this occasion our guests feel that they have had a bad experience but genuinely believe that we couldn't have done anything any differently bearing in mind the extremely difficult situation in which we were placed. We hope that anyone who has read this will understand our disappointment and frustration at this review as we are hopeful that anyone who visits Castle View leaves having had a lovely experience of Edinburgh and of our apartment.
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:09 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- 759 properties
- North Berwick
- 57 properties
- 55 properties
- 30 properties
- 28 properties
- 27 properties
- 20 properties
- 17 properties
- St Monans
- 17 properties
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- Kinross, Scotland
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Lower Largo
- 6 properties