About the home
Offering spacious accommodation, this new 2 bedroom apartment with its fresh and tasteful décor is the perfect place to relax.
Situated in a quiet and peaceful location at Newhaven Harbour, only 200 yards from some excellent restaurants at the quayside. Take a short walk to Ocean Terminal for some shopping and a trip to the Royal Yacht Brittannia, or visit the cosmopolitan Leith shore area for award winning restaurants and bars. A short bus ride will take you into the city of Edinburgh, where there is first class shopping, eating out and tourist attractions, as well as exciting night life.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Portobello, 5km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Lift access to property
Nearest amenities: 300m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Access:||Lift access to property, Parking space|
Further details indoors:
* Spacious open-plan kitchen/living room with 2 sofas, freeview TV, DVD, I-pod docking station, dining table and chairs. A selection of board games and books is available.
* Kitchen is well equipped and contains gas hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and combination washer/dryer.
* Master bedroom with double bed, 2 bedside tables, fitted wardrobe.
* 2nd bedroom has a single wardrobe, a small single bed with a second pull out bed. These can be used as two singles or put together to make a king size bed on request.
Further details outdoors:
* Secure intercom entry system
* Shared garden area to the rear of the development, with off street parking.
* There is a lift access to the apartment, suitable for wheelchair users using the rear door to the property, however the interior of the apartment is not adapted for wheelchairs.
* Welcome pack including tea, coffee, milk, biscuits and breakfast cereal provided.
* Tourist information pack included.
The Lothians / Midlothian region
Edinburgh's tourist attractions and many festivals are world famous and too numerous to list here. The city provides an excellent blend of historic and modern attractions. It's a beautiful city to explore on foot, with its Old and New Towns, the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle, and even a bracing walk up Arthur's Seat for spectacular views of the city and surrounding area.
As well as Edinburgh, this is an ideal base for exploring the rest of Central Scotland - Glasgow is 45 minutes away by train. St Andrew's, the "home of golf" and the Open Championship course at Muirfield are both only a short drive away. There are also several municipal golf courses nearby, all reasonably priced.
The Edinburgh / Leith area
There is something for everyone in Edinburgh - from the National Gallery, the Scott Monument and the stately grandeur of Holyrood Palace, Hopetoun House, and the Royal Yacht Brittannia to the more contemporary attractions such as Dynamic Earth, the Zoo, Sealife Centre and Camera Obscura. Rugby fans can enjoy 6 nations games at the Murrayfield Stadium, and even if you don't get a ticket, its a great time to be in the City. For nights out, George Street is home to the city's most cosmopolitan bars and restaurants, whilst the parallel Rose Street has much more traditional pubs.
Leith, which is only 2 miles from Princes Street, and a 15 minute walk from the apartment has a number of attractions. Commercial Quay and the Shore Area are very lively and have a great selection of bars and restaurants, catering for all tastes and budgets. Ocean Terminal has numerous shops and coffee bars/restaurants, cinema screens, play areas and is home to the Royal Yacht.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- Fly to Edinburgh International Airport, take a taxi or the 24 hour airport shuttle bus to the city centre
- By train to Edinburgh Waverley Station, then a short bus or taxi ride to the apartment
- By road, follow the signs for Leith/Royal Yacht Brittannia (details can be provided on booking)
- The apartment is approx 2 miles away from Princes Street and there is an excellent bus service available day and night
Activities near Edinburgh
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
01 Jul 2012
Stayed here with my wife and 2 young children as we visited Edinburgh to meet family. The flat is well equipped and the owner met us on arrival and ran us through the basics.
There is a surprisingly pleasant 24hr ASDA 200m away as well as a number of good cafes and pubs nearby. The bus stop outside the front door is a 20 min ride to Princes Street and comes every 15mins. There is unreserved residents parking on site and we managed to get parked there every evening.
The flat has everything a family or couple would need for a short stay, the exception being WiFi which is not provided. There is however a good 3G Mobile signal in the flat (Vodafone). Will definitely stay here again on our next visit North.
Thank you very much for the feedback - we are looking into organising WiFi for the apartment later this summer so should have this installed for your next visit!
19 Oct 2011
We had a wonderful time in Edinburgh staying in Eunice & David apartment. I enjoyed the magnificent view of Newhaven harbour as I eat my breakfast every morning
The apartment clean and bright with a well equipped kitchen
I would highly recommend this apartment
Patrick & Anne Co. Down
Thank you for the feedback Patrick, we are always delighted to hear when guests have enjoyed their stay.
01 Aug 2011
This is a gorgeous apartment located next to Leith Harbor with stunning views from every window. All amenities supplied. Perfect location in quiet area but within short distance to city center. Bus... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|September to December||1 Sep 12||21 Dec 12||£ 400||£ 80||£ 90||2 Nights|
|Christmas/New Year||21 Dec 12||6 Jan 13||£ 600||-||-||1 Week|
|January to March||6 Jan 13||1 Apr 13||£ 420||£ 80||£ 90||2 Nights|
|April to June||1 Apr 13||1 Jul 13||£ 450||£ 90||£ 100||2 Nights|
|July to August||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 600||£ 100||£ 100||2 Nights|
|September to October||1 Sep 13||1 Nov 13||£ 500||£ 90||£ 100||2 Nights|
|November to December||1 Nov 13||22 Dec 13||£ 400||£ 80||£ 90||2 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
* A 20% deposit payable to confirm booking, balance plus Â£100 refundable breakages deposit payable 6 weeks before arrival.<BR>* Payment by cheque or PayPal.Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here