Abbey lane, Arc
About the home
Edinburgh boasts rugged, volcanic hills, stunning natural and man made panoramas in every direction. It sits just north of the Pentland hills and bordering on the vast Firth of Forth. Superb architecture abounds - Greek style monuments on Calton Hill - Edinburgh castle high on a crag. Contrasts between old and new.
Rated 4 star by the Scottish Tourist Board, this apartment is stylish, fresh and modern. Easy access into and out of the city - both the Old and New town, whilst also benefitting from the excellent attractions of Holyrood park. Just 3 minutes walk to the supermarket.
* light spacious living room leading to the kitchen.
* Double bedroom with en suite.
* Twin bedroom.
* Lobby with storage cupboard.
Non-smoking accommodation. Easily accessed by lift or stairs from a clean, airy lobby.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Portobello, 6km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Lift access to property
Nearest amenities: 200m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom, 1 en suite and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Lift access to property, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
* Living room with large, comfortable sofa bed, armchair,TV, DVD,CD, dining table and chairs. A selection of games and puzzles, CDs, CD roms, wooden train set and toy box.
* Kitchen - fully equipped for all catering needs. Open plan from the living room, it contains dishwasher, electric oven and hob, microwave oven with grill, fridge, freezer, washing/drying machine.
* Master bedroom with en suite shower room, fitted wardrobe and double bed.
* Second bedroom with fitted wardrobe and twin beds.
* Bathroom - bath, sink, toilet, heated towel rail.
* Linen and towels included in prices.
* Intercom phone entry system.
* modern quality appliances.
* Excellent water pressure for showering.
* Safety catches on all windows.
* Lockable french door with external grille.
Further details outdoors:
- The apartment is easily accessed from a bright, airy lobby with a lift.
- Parking on the road outside is free.
- Internal parking for 1 car is available for a fixed fee of £25.
Sorry - no smoking and no pets.
Travel cot and high chair available on request.
30% of the rental fee is payable on booking. Full fee is payable six weeks before your stay.
The Lothians / Midlothian region
Contrasting eras in building from 16th century tenements with narrow atmospheric alleys in the old town to splendid Georgian and Victorian properties in the new town. Layer upon layer of historic interest;
Mary Kings Close - a whole street buried beneath the Royal Mile. Shows what life was like in the Old Town;
the Edinburgh Dungeon entombs dark secrets of Edinburgh's past.
Visit the coastal suburbs
Crammond where seabirds abound and buried treasure was found;
Portabello for a Victorian seaside;
Leith for the industrial past - docks , the Ocean Terminal and the final resting place of The Royal Yacht Britannia.
The Edinburgh area
Arthur's Seat - get up first in the morning, climb this ancient volcano and wave to those who stayed in bed!
Edinburgh Castle - home to the Scottish crown jewels. Mons Meg, the cannon is fired every day at 1pm
Scott Monument - a well earned view at the top.
Princes Street - shops galore. Jenner's, John Lewis, Harvey Nicolls....
Royal Mile - the heart of Old Edinburgh
Botanic Gardens - beautiful and peaceful - an absolute must
Waters of Leith - Peaceful city centre walking
Witchery Ghost Tours - if you dare!
Camera Obscura - stunning mirrored interactive views of Edinburgh
Holyrood Place - the Queen's home in Edinburgh and the Queen's Gallery.
Scottish Parliament - visit the home of the new Scottish Parliament at Holyrood
Dynamic Earth - Travel through time and learn about our planet.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
You arrive at the western side of Edinburgh.
Taxis from the airport are about £16. There is also an excellent 24 hour bus shuttle service to the centre which takes 25 minutes. Adult single £3/ return £5, Child single £2/ £3 return.
By rail, arriving at Edinburgh Waverley
Taxi costs about £4.
Buses from Waverley along along London Rd are very frequent and inexpensive.
On foot, 16 to 20 minutes from Waverley train station (Distance 1.46km)
Arrival by car
The Arc is just off London Rd / the A1, about 4 minutes from Princes Street.
Activities near Edinburgh
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Winter 2013||7 Jan 13||22 Mar 13||£ 450||£ 85||£ 85||1 Night|
|Spring||22 Mar 13||28 Jun 13||£ 585||£ 95||£ 95||3 Nights|
|July||28 Jun 13||26 Jul 13||£ 600||£ 110||£ 110||1 Night|
|Edinburgh Festival||26 Jul 13||2 Sep 13||£ 750||£ 120||£ 120||1 Week|
|September 2013||2 Sep 13||30 Sep 13||£ 600||£ 95||£ 100||3 Nights|
|Autumn 2013||30 Sep 13||20 Dec 13||£ 450||£ 85||£ 85||3 Nights|
|Christmas 2013||20 Dec 13||28 Dec 13||£ 750||£ 120||£ 120||5 Nights|
|New Year||28 Dec 13||7 Jan 14||£ 750||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- Minimum weekend (Friday Saturday Sunday) stay charge £260
- Minimum charge April 1 to 15 and throughout July of £330
- Marathon and Rugby weekend fixed minimum fee £330.
- Half term weeks 10% supplement to price.
- Internal parking space available £25. On street parking free.
- Own linen and towels option. Please enquire.
- Payment accepted by cheque, direct bank transfer or by paypal email us for details and booking formEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This apartment has so far received no reviews.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.