Royal mile 5mins, FREE parking
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
"Royal mile 5mins, FREE parking" is a fully owner managed/maintained, spacious, 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Holyrood Park, with stunning views of Arthur's Seat. The flat benefits from free WiFi and free on street parking, is just moments from the Palace of Holyrood House (the Queen's residence in Edinburgh) and is just 5 mins (off road) walk from the foot of Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile.
This central Edinburgh apartment occupies a quiet position on the second floor of a traditional Scottish tenement building, situated at the end of a peaceful cul-de-sac that provides pedestrian access to Holyrood Park. There is a Secure (buzzer) Entry System with an intercom providing additional security.
The apartment is situated pretty much as close as you can get to all the historic Old Town sites and visitor attractions in Edinburgh with FREE on street parking. Most of central Edinburgh is unfortunately (expensive!) metered parking zones.
The apartment comprises an attractive, bright, open plan living room / dining area / kitchen. It's a lovely open and comfortable living area with plenty of room to kick back and relax after a hard day out seeing the sights or attending a work event. The living room has a large sofa bed which pulls out very easily to form a good sized double bed.
The modern kitchen is well provided with crockery, cutlery, glasses and kitchenware, a washing machine, integrated fridge/freezer, cooker, microwave as well as electrically wired heat & smoke detectors. In the vicinity there are a number of smaller shops as well as (5mins walk) the substantial Meadowbank shopping centre that includes a Sainsburys (0800-2200), TK Maxx and other high end outlets. However, for those that prefer to dine out, cosmopolitan Edinburgh is renowned for its large selection of restaurants, with a variety of restaurants / pubs close by.
There is a spacious double bedroom with a double wardrobe and integrated drawers for storage. The second bedroom is a single (box) room with single bed and a wardrobe. The shower room, with toilet and wash hand basin, has been recently modernised to a high standard. In the hallway there is a very large cupboard which can be used for stowing away suitcases, other large items of luggage and could also be used as a walk-in wardrobe as it is equipped with hanging rails & clothes hooks. The accommodation sleeps 5 people but we recommend up to 4 adults or a family of up to 5 people.
A pleasant 5 minute walk through Holyrood Park takes you to the buses at the foot of the Royal Mile (which is also an Airport Link bus stop) or alternatively to London Road, a major access road, whose numerous bus routes provide access to the main tourist and shopping destinations.
Whenever possible, guests will be welcomed personally at the property for the handover of keys. As you would expect, the price includes crisp fresh linen, bath and hand towels. In addition, local information / literature, iPod docking station and a small selection of books, DVDs & board games have been provided for your perusal.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh International Airport 12 km, Nearest railway: Waverley Train Station 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
The Lothians region
Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and is located in the Central Belt region of the country. With a population of approximately 450,000, "Auld Reekie" (as Edinburgh was known!) manages to combine both ancient and modern in a uniquely Scottish atmosphere. Watched over by the imposing castle, the symbol of the city, Edinburgh combines medieval relics, Georgian grandeur and a powerful layer of modern life with contemporary avant-garde. In Edinburgh, medieval palaces rub shoulders with the best of modern architecture, Gothic churches with amazing museums and galleries. Scotland's throbbing night-life centre, Edinburgh, "the Athens of the North", is also a feast for the mind and the senses, playing host to great restaurants, shops and an unequalled programme of city festivals throughout the year. Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year, kicks off the festivities, which culminate in the high summer with the Tattoo, the International and the Fringe, amongst many others.
The Old and New Towns of Edinburgh were listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO in 1995. In 2004, Edinburgh became the first member of the UNESCO Creative Cities initiative when it was designated a City of Literature.
1) Milton Street: The apartment is very centrally located with all of Edinburgh's tourist attractions within easy reach. Ideally situated for the Royal Mile (5 min walk), Palace of Holyrood House (5 min walk), Scottish Parliament and Dynamic Earth (5 min walk) as well as having the beautiful Holyrood Park right on the doorstep. There are also numerous festival and 'Fringe' venues (the famous Pleasance through the park, 10 min walk), the Grassmarket and Cowgate (15-20 min walk) Edinburgh Castle (15-20 min walk).
2) Edinburgh: The Old Town's cobbled streets, closes (alleyways) and historic Victorian / Georgian architecture make it visually stunning. The grandeur of the New Town, designer/boutique shopping on George Street and an immense choice of restaurants and bars make it a city to suit everyone's taste and budget!
3) The Festival city: Festivals are what Edinburgh does best, with something going on all year round. The high summer Military Tattoo & International and the Fringe are perhaps the best known, however to name but a few Edinburgh hosts the Science festival (April), Film Festival (June), Jazz & Blues Festival (July), Book Festival, Mela (August) and numerous gourmet food events.
4) Entertainment: Edinburgh has a throbbing night-life, is home to various jazz bars (5mins away), comedy clubs, while during the summer street entertainment & busking Bag Pipers are never far away. The nearby Festival Theatre hosts an abundance of cultural events, including operas, ballets & stand up comedy shows.
5) Walking in The Green City: Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit and is small enough to walk around. Holyrood Park, Princes Street gardens and the meadows (tennis & pitch n putt golf!) are popular places for a stroll, offering a change to the ever present guided historical / ghost tours! For the more energetic, Arthur's Seat (1min away), an extinct volcano, is crisscrossed with walking trails and is popular with runners / cyclists as well as tourists for some of the best views of the city from Salisbury Crags. In addition, the Botanical Gardens and Edinburgh Zoo, home to the UK's only Giant Pandas, are both worth a visit and are accessible by bus.
6) Running, Edinburgh Marathon: Billed as “the fastest marathon in the UK” and “one of the fastest in the World” Edinburgh is expected to host 40,000+ elite athletes in May 2014.
7) Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year: The Scots word for “the last day of the year.” Enough said!
All in all, in the sunshine there is nothing better than wandering around the streets soaking up the atmosphere. When it rains (which has been known!) you are never far from somewhere interesting to dash into out of the weather. Edinburgh boast a huge number of Art Galleries, Museums, theatres and live music venues as well as Cinema's, indoor shopping centres and entertainment Plaza's - something for everyone!
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- 626 properties
- North Berwick
- 74 properties
- 54 properties
- 31 properties
- 29 properties
- 28 properties
- 26 properties
- 22 properties
- 17 properties
- St Monans
- 16 properties
- 13 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Kinross, Scotland
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties