Pendennis at Eaton Manor
from £222 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £222 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Bungalow / 6 bedrooms / sleeps 14
Availability Your dates are available
Bungalow / 6 bedrooms / sleeps 14
Pendennis is a Four Star, 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom modern single-storey property on Eaton Manor Country Estate and it stands in almost an acre of private gardens with spectacular views.
Eaton Manor Country Estate offers the perfect rural retreat set in 500 acres of beautiful countryside and, as an award winner in the 2012 and 2013 national tourism awards for best self catering, we are sure you will enjoy every minute here and have a truly memorable stay.
Special features at Pendennis are two stunning 6' four poster en-suite bedrooms and a beautiful conservatory, complete with underfloor heating for those winter evenings.
The dining table seats up to 16 guests, and the property has been assessed by the National Accessible Scheme as Mobility 1 and therefore is suitable for those with reduced mobility.
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 6 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Nearest Amenities||7 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Birmingham 97 km, Nearest railway: Church Stretton 7 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Games room, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 2 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (4), Single beds (6), Cots (1), Dining seats for 16, Lounge seats for 14|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Pendennis has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and spectacular views from every room over the South Shropshire Dales. It is set in almost an acre of grounds with formal lawns, borders and meadow and is a wonderful home for your holiday.
- Star Coppice Suite: This has a large window looking out towards Wenlock Edge, with a 6ft four poster bed, a TV and an en suite shower room. and is room is also ideal for a cot.
- Rectory Suite: This room also has a 6ft four poster bed and a great view of Wenlock Edge and an en suite shower room and has been assessed as Mobility 1 by the Tourist Board.
- Ragleth Room: A twin room with coordinated throws and cushions
- Darby Room: A twin room with coordinated throws and cushions
- Whitefields Room: Either 3 single beds or can be a 1x 6ft double & 1x single
- Lilywood Room: Either 3 single beds or can be a 1x 6ft double & 1x single
- Family Bathroom: Main bathroom with bath and overhead shower
- Two En-suite Bathrooms: Both master bedrooms have an en-suite shower room
- Shower Room: Separate shower and toilet next to the Ragleth Room
The Reception Rooms:
- Kitchen/Dining Room: This is a modern fully fitted kitchen complete with dishwasher, fridge freezer and washer dryer and all the utensils and gadgets you may need. There is a large Range cooker with two full size ovens which is the focal point and is ideal for cooking a big celebration meal or ... you could let our chef cook for you. The kitchen leads to a large dining table with room enough for 16 people and has amazing views of the valley.
- Conservatory: Large conservatory with views out over the garden and the valley. French windows open out to the patio and garden. For added luxury the floor has under-floor heating. The main television is also here, along with information on lots of places to visit.
- Reading Room: This is a lovely place for up to 4 people to sit and look out over the garden and the hills beyond, or perhaps to read one of the large selection of books.
|Further details outdoors|
Garden: Pendennis is set on its own surrounded by about half an acre of private enclosed garden. It is a wonderful place for ball games so it is ideal for families. There is a BBQ and garden furniture so you can enjoy some al fresco dining. The views from the garden are stunning.
Swimming Pool: The shared swimming pool, which can be found at the end of the garden, is covered and heated (open April – October) and is ideal for children.
Parking: Plenty of off road parking is available on the property's private driveway, enough for up to 8 cars.
Activities: If you'd like to try something different and have a guide to show you the area why not book a Nordic walking lesson.
Also on site we have an Olympic length indoor archery range which is used by the Commonwealth and Olympic teams for training. We can arrange for you to 'have a go' with a professional coach and all the equipment you will need, but don't worry the targets will be closer so you should be right on target.
The shared swimming pool is available April to October. It is covered and heated and you will have a key and can use it at any time during your stay and is next to Pendennis. Please provide your own pool towels.
The garden is private and just for the use of guests staying at Pendennis
If you'd like to order your groceries online we'll take delivery and pack them all away for you at no extra charge.
Many of the beds have the option of being doubles or twins. The maximum number of single beds is 10 with two doubles but if you are looking for mainly double rooms the maximum number is 5 with just 4 single beds.
Pendennis also has use of the shared on-site indoor games room and large outdoor playing field.
The Shropshire region
Shropshire provides some of the country’s most spectacular scenery.
Eaton Manor Country Estate is situated at the foot of the beautiful Shropshire Hills on the Jack Mytton Way.
Whether you prefer to sit in the private gardens of your holiday property relaxing and enjoying this perfect piece of English countryside, or feel more energetic and inclined to take a cycle ride, a stroll, or a full scale hike (including the disused railway line, meandering country lanes and local hills), Eaton Manor Country Estate in Shropshire, has something to suit all tastes and energy levels.
Shropshire Tourism lists over 90 local attractions, here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums: a selection of museums offering fun and learning for all ages
- Acton Scott Museum: as seen on the BBC’s Victorian Farm
- Wroxeter Roman City: the fourth largest Roman City in Britain
- Severn Valley Railway: Britain’s premier steam railway
- Western Park: Stately home and fantastic grounds, including large children’s play area and train
- Hawkstone Park & Follies: Wooded magical land of grottos, caves, cliffs & follies (setting for TV's Chronicles of Narnia)
- Wroxeter Vineyard
- Royal Airforce Museum Cosford
- Mickey Miller’s Family Play Barn
- Ideally situated for visiting Ludlow, Stokesay Castle, Shrewsbury, Ironbridge and the Welsh borders
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
26 Apr 2013
"Lovely House, in great countryside setting"
This was a great house that was in the middle of nice, peaceful countryside setting.
The underfloor heating was really helpful given the weather was very wintry. The dining room was spacious with ample room for all 12 of us and a baby high chair. The wireless, TV and games room were used. The games room was bigger than we were expecting which was great as it allowed su all to play different games.
The swimming pool, although a bit small was very convenient for us since it is right next door to Pendennis and probably the reason we ended up using it more often.
The team at eaton Manor were great right from the first enquiry through to us checking out. Very accommodating and even following up bespoke queries for us.
Locally, I can recommend Great Mynd for scenic walks and hikes up big hills for stunning country side views!
I would definitely recommend staying here if you like a good family and/or friends get together, that is away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the on-site facilities, as well as the local scenery. Thanks for your comments and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Eaton Manor in the future.
18 May 2012
"Our wonderful Pendennis at Eaton Manor holiday."
We arrived at Pendennis on a very wet day. However, as soon as we entered our holiday bungalow, our spirits rose. The property was spacious, with a large kitchen and dining area. The lounge was extremely comfortable and the bedrooms were of a good size. Attention to details was excellent. We have brought our own tea, coffee and milk, but on opening the fridge and cupboards, found that they ere already supplied.
The location and surrounding area was breath taking, even on a very wet and cold day.
We would have no hesitation in recommending Pendennis as a holiday location.
27 Sep 2011
"Excellent accomodation and service the family had a very enjoyable time."
The place was very welcoming when we arrived with a homemade cake, wine and coffee and tea all waiting. The rooms were as described and well appointed. Kitchen was also well provided for with crockery, utensils and two kettles. View was excellent as were the gardens and general location.
19 Jul 2011
"Spacious property in a delightful location, topped by wonderful service from the Eaton Manor team"
I organised my friend's hen do at Pendennis, renting the property for a long weekend in July. Everything was very easy to organise, payments taken over the internet/the phone, no problems with arranging supermarket deliveries etc.
The house was just perfect for us, plenty of space, EVERYTHING we could need in the kitchen and bedrooms plus more with cake and wine provided on arrival!
I can't emphasise how much fun we had at Pendennis, it's located in such a beautiful spot, so peaceful away from the other properties and very handy for the pool!
Thanks must go to all of the staff at Eaton Manor! I can't wait to return!
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
Calendar last updated:07 Jul 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- +44 16947 24814