5 stops to Central LDN, private room, sleeps 3 r3
Guest house | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Welcome to our family home. Bruce and Ahman have been hosting from 2010 and have enjoyed over 1000+ guests from all over the world (using other websites; if you scroll down to the bottom there will be some comments that guests have made about their stay. We have just joned HL and don't have many reviews.
Me, I am bubbly, friendly and confident. I was born here in London but my parents are chinese from HK. So, if you have any question about London I'm your person. I have been a professional landlady (13 yrs) by day, Studied Business at Uni and love hosting.
I enjoy skiing, rollerblading regularly and eating out (normally in that order!).
Bruce is originally from New Zealand and unlike me Very well travelled. Bruce has travelled India extensively, Middle East and South America. Bruce's line of work is in IT, he studied a BMS and MMS in New Zealand. Although loves skiing (Ive gotta go with someone...) not so good on the skates but it doesn't stop me from dragging Bambi on ice out with me.
We enjoyed hosting so much that after 2 months into it we decided to add another level to our house so everyone could enjoy more space and be more comfortable.
If you are looking for a relaxing and welcoming stay then we are the hosts who can help with any queries. We are always around the house since we work from home. If you have any questions on directions, what to do or just fancy having a chat we are always up for a chin wag.
SPECIAL OFFER: Book 7 nights or more and get 10% off. You will need to message me so I can send you a special offer or the pricing to be correct, please booked as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
WE HAVE 3 GUEST ROOMS ON OUR GUEST FLOOR, which sleeps 6 people. There maybe other guests in during your stay. If you are a party of 6 then you will be the only guests in the house with us.
HOUSE: Our 5 bedroom Victorian house is in based in Upper Leytonstone (tube station - Leytonstone on the Central line, zone 3). Street name is Colworth Road post code/zip code E11 1HY. Please note the marker on the map is wrong, we are closer up the road and closer to the tube. This is a no smoking/no pets house.
Solid Oak floors throughout the house. Enjoy our high speed wifi connection free. We are next to Epping Forest (6000 acres) so if you enjoy rambling or running this is a must. Hollow pond is located here also where there is a seating area for families, you can row boats and feed the ducks).
In the main bathroom we have a huge designer Grohe bathroom with porcelain tiles, a walk in shower (twin heads). There is an extra downstairs toilet. We the hosts have our own bathroom on our floor at the top of the house.
ROOM 3: This double room has 1 double bed in it and 1 single bed, blackout curtains, Egyptian cotton linen and 1 hand towel per person. This room sleeps 3 people. Children are included in the occupancy numbers. Please note that these are private rooms and there maybe other guests in other rooms. This house can accommodate 6 guests in 3 separate bedrooms, the other rooms are room 1 and room 2.
ROOM 1: Sleeps 2 people (1 double bed)
ROOM 2: Sleeps 2 people (2 single beds)
We are more like a house share and not a B&B or a hotel.
If you are looking to make a booking please could you share a few things about yourself. We like to get an impression of people BEFORE we accept bookings.
- Always close the 2 front doors when entering/leaving the house
- No shoes inside the house, place shoes on the shoe rack between the 2 doors by the entrance
- No smoking
- No food or drink in bedrooms, especially in bed
- Noise: Please speak in your rooms/kitchen with the door closed. Do not speak in the hallway when getting ready in the morning or evening (guests are from all over the world and sleep at different times due to time zone differences). Please be considerate to others
- Tidy up after yourself ie wash microwave/dishes after use, generally leave an area as you found it
- Pay airport pick up/drop off upon arrival
- Only eat food that belongs to you in the house
- Turn off lights if not in the room/hallway
- N.B: if your window is open and I have to leave the house I will enter your room to close it
- Please remember to leave your key behind otherwise it will cost you £100 which will be taken from your deposit (this is to replace the lock and new keys cut)
- Any damage to furniture or property due to negligence will be charged for and may result in immediate termination of any reservation
- Please note that the maximum stay is 14 nights
- Guests are asked to not play loud music, not to take drugs, not to overly consume alcohol. Please be considerate to others in the house regardless of time of day. For example not to enter the house and not to be noisy if it is late at night
- Guests are not to bring guests into the house
- £2 for each change/extra towel, we would prefer that you bring your own big towel if you require it
Previous guest comments:
"This was my first time using XX. I was a bit skeptical as being a hotelier myself, my expectations are quite high when it comes to a good night stay. Ahman and Bruce have set the BAR very high. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with them and they made me feel like I was part of their home. I enjoyed conversations about Vancouver over walks and beverages.
Bed and bathroom were both clean. And who doesn't love heated bathroom floorings? Ahman provided a lot of great recommendations on things to do and even took me out for Pie Mash as well as the supermarket to get toiletries (silly me, left them in Vancouver). Easy access to Central London via tube. Wish I could've stayed longer...I'll be back!"
"I must say the lovely time of staying at Ahman & Bruce's home was one of the highlights in my short 4days holiday in London after my Iceland trip. Thanks for Ahman's clear instruction for direction, I found that it is very easy to find their place via tube (this is extra caring and considerated to a girl like me who was travelling on her own first time in London - and that's Ahman for you). My first impression of their house were great sense of home, cosy, bright with lotsa natural lights, clean and tidy. I especially love their bathroom lol. The place looks exactly the same as the pictures shown. Since I caught a cold in Iceland towards the end of my trip before I headed to London, I concerned my quality of sleep during my stay. Turned out these four nights were amazing - no joke - as I didn't even need to use my sleeping remedies! It certainly has speeded up my recovery time - thankyou! Hosts were really friendly and welcoming. I didn't feel that I was a tenant as such, whereas Ahman & Bruce were more like a friend/sister and brother to me. That's completely out of my expectation and it isn't something you could ask for really. The communities around had made me feel very safe to walk around both during day and night. Very close to the tube station and supermarket - all within 5-10 mins walking distance. It is on the red Central tube line and it takes less than 15 mins to get to the central of the town. Instead of paying big money to live in the London heart I was really pleased with my choice this time. I will definitely book with Ahmand & Bruce again next time and I will highly recommend this bnb to anyone without doubt."
"A really wonderful couple! Ahman and Bruce made us feel very very welcome. They have a lovely place… amazing underfloor heard bathroom! They couldn't have been more helpful and happy to just chat… plus their guest house is only 3 - 4 minutes walk from the tube making central london very accessible.
IF YOU HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR, in your first message to me please write BAMBI SKIS at the top. Thank you
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The South East England region
TRAVELLING TIME TO SITES/THINGS TO DO IN LONDON:
- We are a 5 minute walk to Leytonstone station on the Central/red line.
- 2 stops to the Olympics park and Westfield which is Europe's largest urban mall - 4 minutes on the tube.
- 12 minutes to East Central which is Liverpool Street where the Financial district is and Brick Lane.
This where Central London begins.
- 16 minutes tube ride to St Paul's Cathedral (where Prince Charles and Princess Diana got married)
- 20 minutes to Tower of London (one change on the tube)
- 20 minutes to the O2 center
- 22 minutes to West Central - Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Circus where Soho/China town/Oxford st/Covent Garden/Trafalgar Square/National gallery are all a short walk from each other. Down the road from Oxford Circus is where theatre land is where you can sample world class theatre shows such as Phantom of the Opera/Les Miserable.
- 28 minutes to Marble Arch where Hyde Park is.
- 30 minutes car to Stansted airport
- 32 minutes to Notting Hill for Portobello market and where the film with Huge Grant and Julia Roberts was filmed.
- 35 minutes to Westminster where the Royal Wedding was/Big Ben is (one change on the tube)
- 35 minutes to Victoria station
- 35 minutes to Kings Cross/St Pancras
- 36 minutes to Camden market (one change on the tube)
- We are a bus ride away from Hackney and Hoxton. In fact the 55 bus runs through Hackney, Hoxton, Shoreditch, Old Street and ends up in Oxford Street.
NB: All these sights are all direct journeys on the Central Line (it's called the Central Line for a reason!). Where ever you are in London you will need to access the tube to get to your destination ie Big Ben is not walking distance to The Tower of London.
We can be easily accessed from Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton airports (please note that these are not in London even thought they are called London airports). For a small fee I can offer a pick up from these airports, the prices can vary between £35-45 (please note that these prices are my own and will cost more if you got a private taxi). Please email me for availability as I may be able to pick you up for £45 plus parking for Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton/£35 plus parking for Stansted). Directions will be given once a booking has been made.
East London, England
THINGS TO DO IN LEYTONSTONE:
Birth place of Alfred Hitchcock and David Beckham.
- 5 mins walk to:
- Leytonstone tube station/Central Line/Zone 3
- 24 hours supermarket Tesco
Chinese/Indian/Thai/Sushi/Turkish/Mcdonalds/KFC/noodle bar - handmade noodles/dumplings and last but not least PUBS galore (5-10mins up the road).
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
17 Nov 2014
"Warm and welcoming accommodation in zone 3 London home"
Ahman and Bruce were wonderful hosts to my husband and I. While not pushy in the least, they were willing to chat when we were and were quick to answer questions or provide advice on sights to see wh… More
24 Oct 2014
"A welcome stay."
Feeling welcome. That's the feeling I got when I met Ahman at the airport and entered her home. She is exactly as her bio says. Warm, bubbly, talkative (in a good way), and friendly. She was help… More
29 Aug 2014
"Alles was man für einen schönen Aufenthalt in London braucht."
Gemütliches, typisch englisches Reihenhaus, mit der Central Line sind London City Ziele gut innerhalb von 30 Minuten erreichbar, ruhige Lage, sauber, super Unterstützung von Ahman. Sie reagiert sehr… More
13 Aug 2014
"Rendez vous chez Ahman en toute confiance"
Ahman a été une hôtesse serviable dès avant notre arrivée : elle a répondu à mes questions et m'a rendu service à propos notamment du transfert de l'aéroport. Ahman et Bruce ont ét… More
8 Aug 2014
"Clean and quiet stay"
We were welcomed by Ahman personally in a warm and easy-going way. She showed us around the house, which looked smaller than I expected from the outside, but had on the inside all the accommodation th… More
28 Jul 2014
"Clean and convenient"
We enjoyed our stay at this place. The house is clean and tidy, the hosts (Ahman and Bruce) are nice and helpful, the place is close (5-minute walk) to Tesco and tube station. You can go to the lakes … More
22 Jul 2014
"Pleasant and relaxing stay"
It was a pleasure to meet Bruce and Ahman. They are excellent hosts, very kind and friendly. We found everything perfect: their house is beautiful, clean, comfy and it's located in an area where … More
30 Jun 2014
"Repeat Guest - Best Place in London"
Choosing to stay with Ahman and Bruce will be the best decision you will make on your trip to London. I found Ahman and Bruce's place years ago, and now I refuse to stay anywhere else when I'… More
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Nov 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- Central London/Zone 1
- 2389 properties
- Central London/Zone 2
- 1198 properties
- East London, England
- 171 properties
- South West London
- 167 properties
- West London
- 125 properties
- North West London
- 105 properties
- South East London
- 96 properties
- North London
- 78 properties
- 60 properties
- Abbey Wood
- 16 properties
- Culverstone Green
- 15 properties
- Hemel Hempstead
- 14 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- St Albans
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties