Park Grove II
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Property is a stone’s throw from the 2012 Olympic Park and would make an ideal home for a short duration for both entertaining and a sanctuary after a hard day shopping or working.
10 minutes from the financial district (City & Canary Wharf), 15 minutes from the cool bars of Shoreditch/Bricklane, 20 minutes from the West-End for theatres and enjoyable musicals. All just a tube ride on the most reliable Underground line - the Central Line.
The property was built in the middle 1800's as a family home and has since been converted into two luxurious flat suitable for the standards of this century. The legendary Epping Forest is a stone's throw away with its magical lake and rowing boats for a great Sunday Roast Picnic. Property in an all-rounder suitable for both couples, families, Relocation city workers and friends on holiday is luxurious comfort.
Good Transport links offers easy access into the City (Central line -10 minutes), Canary Wharf (DLR via Stratford Station), the West end/City (Central Line) and Oxford Street / Shepherds Bush for the ultimate in Retail Therapy - Shopping
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Brighton Beach 112 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: City Airport 14 km, Nearest railway: Leytonstone Underground 800 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
The Property benefits include: Dark Wooden floors throughout, 2 double bedrooms, Bathroom with Bath, shower and toilet. The flat is fitted with most modern amenities including a Dishwasher, Washer/Dryer and a flat screen TV. Newly fitted Kitchen with Gas Central heating.
The benefits also include: a reception room with large windows providing incredible natural light to the property, dark wooden floors, Luxurious curved Bath shower room , A Fire place mantle and 2 large double bedrooms.
|Further details outdoors|
Free On-street parking available
A detailed guide of best transportation routes of London provided as well a brief guide of unique holiday areas to visit if requested can be provided.
Check-in is at 3:00pm (15:00hrs) by default. Alternative check-in time between 3:00pm-7:30pm can be scheduled at request free of charge)
Check-out is at 11:00am
Late check-in Fee of £50.00 applies if arriving after 8:00pm.
£50 Delayed Check-in fee. This fee is payable if you arrive at the apartment more than two hours later than the scheduled or agreed time.
£100 Missed Check-in Penalty fee. If you do not turn up for check-in on the correct day, you will be automatically charged £100.00.
£50 Re-entry fee. A charge of £50 is payable if you lock yourself out of the apartment and need to be let back into the apartment.
The South East England region
Leytonstone was initially the gateway to the City of London and has been trodden by countless millions from the 10th Roman Legion over two thousand years ago to the latter day legions of men and women who work in the City of London and Docklands.
Famous people that have lived in Leytonstone include Sir Alfred Hitchcock, David Beckham and Jonathan Ross.
One infamous person who passed through Leytonstone and reputably stayed at the Green Man (now O’Neill’s Pub) was Essex born Highwayman Dick Turpin on route to Norwich and eventually his appointment with the Hangman at York in 1739
Leytonstone is thought to have taken its name from a Roman military distance marker and is shown on maps from early times as “Leyton Stone”.
East London, England
Due to the Olympics, there has been an influx of Young City Professionals into the area, hence, an array of internet Cafes and Bars are readily available. Whilst there is a local night life in Leytonstone, the fact that the West-end (Greatest Party Area in the world!!) is only 15min -20 minutes door-to-door for most residents by tube, means everyone generally parties in the West-End and then leave the chaos to come back home to a totally residential and relatively peaceful area.
But for completeness here is a general overview of this part of London: Shopping is the lifeblood of any main centre in London and it’s the same in Leytonstone. An amazing array of shops, pubs and restaurants stretch the length of High Road.
In Leytonstone you can enjoy the benefits of shopping in the top high street stores and stock up at the best supermarkets. But you can also enjoy shopping at friendly smaller shops that have often been in the same family for generations, flowers, exotic fruits, jewellery and even good old-fashioned brushes and brooms, the choice is endless.
You are never far from a good pub, café or restaurant offering drinks and menus from around the world. Leytonstone enjoys the best of both worlds with pubs that in the 18th Century were stopping places for the Norwich Stage Coach. The Red Lion Pub (now called Zulus) was earlier known as the Robin Hood. As Leytonstone did not have a Town Hall the Red Lion was used as a meeting and social gathering place.
Epping Forest is the domineering parkland which still bedazzles tourists and locals alike with its charming lake and endless trees which makes you imagine you are miles away from London rather than in the middle of it. It is worthy a visit especially on a Sunday when the whole forest is buzzing with locals having picnics.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
21 Mar 2013
"For the price, it was just right"
Babs, the property manager, was very prompt and helpful throughout the entire booking, check in and check out (refund) process. He took the time upon checking in to talk to us about transportation an… More
31 Dec 2012
"For the money, pretty decent"
Babs (the owner of the property) was very friendly and professional. He greeted us at the flat and did a walk through with us (note: the walk-through is done with a video camera running the entire time, which was fine with us, but defintely a first --- we have rented many properties in London and never had an owner do this). During the walk through, he provided us with a lot of helpful local tips. For the money, we think this was a good deal. There were some things that could easily be improved upon though.
From here, let me list the bad and the good:
1) Flat needs new mattresses. Top sheets would have been nice as well. Pillows were old (which was kind of gross).
2) The washing machine never worked properly. It's cheap and badly made and the electronic panel lists incorrect issues (e.g., it states that the door is not closed properly, when it was. We know because we re-closed it abuot 15 times, and when it still didn't work, we started experimenting and found that without ever adjusting the door, if we pushed the buttons for 20 minutes or so, it SOMETIMES worked....)
3) There was absolutely no toilet paper, kleenex, or paper towels in the flat when we arrived. While we did not expect to be left with a week's supply of any of the above, we did notice that Babs took an overflowing bag out with him, which included the toilet paper the previous tenants had left behind. I don't think that leaving a roll of toilet paper (for people arriving from the airport) is too much to ask. We were left running to the store 5 minutes after Babs left (seriously, that's just cheap).
4) A night table in each bedroom would have been helpful. The back bedroom needs a dresser. There are no drawers in the back bedroom, just a bed and wardrobe and a leather cube to throw your phone on. Where are tenants supposed to place socks, etc?
5) We had to clean and de-scale the shower head. Bathroom needs a new shower curtain and a different shower ring for curtain...curent one is rusty, impractical and not useful as it stands. We also had to buy a bin for the bathroom (who wants to walk through the length of the flat to the kitchen to thrown away bathroom bits?)
1) Flat was clean upon arrival
2) Couch is very comfortable
3) It's a very quiet top floor flat, has very quiet neighbors, and has easy access to High Street and Overground
3) Local pubs are great (in order of pereference: Sheepwalk, The Bell and Red Lion)
4) The Thai place around the corner is fabulous (Singburi)
5) Stratford Shoppping Centre (which has a Jamie Oliver restaurant and a Bumpkin) is a 15 minute bus-ride away
6) Leytonstone tube (a 15 minute walk) is on Central Line and is a 20 minute ride into central London
7) Check-out was easy (no cleaning fees if you clean it properly before you leave and cleaning supplies were left for us)
I would recommend this flat to some friends, but not others....and only after clearly explaining the ups and downs.
Thank you for your review. I value our guest opinions and always read every review I receive so I can improve for the next time. The video inventory carried out is done with the aim to avoid any misunderstandings after check out and to ensure the speedy return of your security deposit. We have taken your feedback on-board and made improvements within the scope of our apartment offerings as detailed on the website.
You're booking with
- 5 Years listed
100% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- Central London/Zone 1
- 1988 properties
- Central London/Zone 2
- 975 properties
- East London, England
- 171 properties
- South West London
- 153 properties
- South East London
- 99 properties
- West London
- 94 properties
- North West London
- 93 properties
- North London
- 63 properties
- 42 properties
- 22 properties
- 19 properties
- Tunbridge Wells
- 19 properties
- 11 properties
- East Grinstead
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Hemel Hempstead
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- St Albans
- 6 properties