Superb apartment, La Duquesa
About the home
This high quality, private complex has fantastic sea views, landscaped gardens and swimming pool, where you can enjoy hours of quietly developing a sun tan. The apartment is on the GROUND FLOOR so, unlike most apartments, it has its OWN PRIVATE GARDEN (with BBQ) for your exclusive use and secure for kids, where you can relax to your heart's content.
There is something for everyone. The wonderful location is a golfer's haven, within easy reach of many excellent courses. It's only 5-10 minutes walk to a lovely, sandy beach, perfect for families, and the countryside and mountains behind are great for walkers and hikers.
A two minute drive away is the increasingly popular 'flagship' port of La Duquesa, with its bustling marina, bars, restaurants and supermarket. On what's often called the "New Golden Mile", Puerto de la Duquesa really is the Costa del Sol's best kept secret.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 5|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
- GROUND FLOOR
- LCD TV + DVD player in lounge. HiFi system plays CDs, AM/FM radio (English stations available), and MP3 (USB port built in).
- additional TV + DVD player in master bedroom
- Sky TV (free to view channels)
- Well equipped kitchen, inc. oven, grill, ceramic hob, cooker hood, 2 microwaves (1 with grill), 2 toasters (1 with warming rack) and coffee maker. Also has breakfast table with 4 folding chairs
- Shopping trolley (useful for popping down to the nearby shops without a car)
- Cool box + ice packs (great for frozen food shopping and picnics!!)
- 2 clothes airers
- a cot can be provided, by prior arrangement
- Fitted wardrobes in both bedrooms
- Master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom
- Sleeps 4 to 6 people (double sofa-bed in lounge), so ideal for families or couples
- Lounge and master bedroom both have direct access onto a covered terrace
- French doors then lead from the covered terrace out to the private garden
Further details outdoors:
- OWN PRIVATE GARDEN (paved patio), for your exclusive use and secure for kids too.
- Garden table with 6 chairs, plus 2 sun loungers
- Video entry system
- Complex has a swimming pool, with toilets/showers, plus free use of sun loungers & parasols
- Kids' playground right next to the block, with slide, see-saw and swings.
- Gated complex with private, secure parking (own parking space)
- New commercial centre just 5 minutes walk away, includes supermarkets, bar/restaurant and pizzeria.
- Please note that the towels provided are for use in the property only. You should take your own beach towels.
Children welcome. Families/couples preferred. Sorry, no smokers and no pets. 24 hour emergency phone number for any problems during your stay. Welcome pack provided, so no need to pack those little essentials.
1. All prices are for the entire rental of the apartment per week, inc. linen, towels, laundry & electricity (there are no hidden charges). The only towels you need to bring are beach towels.
2. Bookings should be made using our Booking Form, which will be provided following your enquiry.
3. Bookings are secured with a 25% deposit, or minimum of £150.
4. The balance, and a fully refundable damage deposit cheque of £100 (against breakages or lost keys) must be received no later than 8 weeks before your stay commences.
The Costa del Sol region
The Costa del Sol is famous for its fantastic climate, excellent facilities, beautiful scenery and numerous places of interest.
Gibraltar is a 25 minute drive away. The amazing Moorish architecture of the Alhambra Palace at Granada makes a great day trip. So does Ronda, with its spectacular mountain scenery.
Marbella and Puerto Banus (20 minutes drive) are full of designer shops, expensive cars and beautiful yachts. Marbella's history dates back to 1600 BC and a visit to its beautiful "Old Town", with narrow streets, open squares, bars, restaurants and galleries, is a great idea.
The Duquesa area
La Duquesa is in a great location, to the west of Marbella. This part of the Costa has only limited and well-managed development, which means it has kept much of its unspoilt scenery and local character. This has resulted in an excellent quality of life, with relaxed living, but still having easy access to all the amenities you could wish for.
The beautiful beaches are clean and not commercialised. The sea is calm and suitable for swimming. Duquesa Port has a large number of varied bars and restaurants, which open late into the night - many host live music too. The port is a hive of activity every night of the week.
There are several open air markets in local towns on different days of the week. Sabinillas has a lovely beach, promenade and a children's play area. Estepona has a Carrefour hypermarket - the best place for buying groceries, alcohol and hardware at reasonable prices. Here you'll also find an equestrian show, featuring the famous Andalucian Horses.
You can take a dolphin safari from Gibraltar, or visit a casino in Marbella, Puerto Banus or Gibraltar. A fantastic day out for all ages is the Selwo National Park near Estepona, where animals of the five continents live together in semi-wild conditions - highly recommended.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Gibraltar airport is only 25 minutes drive, Jerez airport is 1 hr 20 mins. Malaga airport is about 55 minutes drive. Many low fare airlines fly direct to Malaga. For car hire at Malaga airport, carjet.co.uk is a good one to try. Easyjet fly from Gatwick to Gibraltar.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential - you can walk to the beach, supermarket, many shops and restaurants. The buses are cheap and reliable.
Activities near Duquesa
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
28 Aug 2012
I've recently returned from Duquesa with my husband and our two children (aged 14 and 11). The weather was hot hot hot. Beautiful infact, however, I didn't realise that the apartment didn't have aircon. Not too much of a problem as fans were provided which was a relief. The apartment was set about 1 hour 20 mins away from Malaga airport and was very easy to find considering we arrived in the dark and late of night and were driving on the "wrong side of the road". Linda's directions were most helpful - without them we would definitely not have been able to find our new home. The location is particularly quiet, which we liked. The communal pool is about a 5 minute walk away from our apartment and was lovely and cold. Unfortunately, having purchased inflatables and balls for our children, we saw the sign telling us that there is strictly no jumping, running, diving, inflatables or ball games which was a huge disappointment to our two. There is lots to do around this area - Gibralter, Marbella, Torremolinos Water Park - don't venture there for anything else! Estepona, Casares, Peurto Banos etc, thereby making this a great base. The apartment itself has everything you could need eg, bbq, washing machine - no dishwasher and the microwave didn't work which wasn't a great problem either. My only negative comment is that the place could do with being bought some fresher bits and bobs, eg the outside furniture was all broken and cracked, the plates, bowls etc were all chipped. My husband didn't notice/care - but to me these things are extremely noticeable. However, those silly things aside, we had a great time and would definitely recommend to anyone who fancies visiting this part of traditional Spain.
Thank you for your kind feedback. I'll look into replacing any damaged items a.s.a.p. I'm glad you and your family had such a great time and will look forward to seeing you again.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Oct - Mar||11 Oct 12||1 Apr 13||£ 280||-||-||1 Week|
|Apr - Jun||1 Apr 13||1 Jul 13||£ 371||-||-||1 Week|
|Jul - Aug||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 490||-||-||1 Week|
|Sep||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 371||-||-||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Payment to be made by cheque in GB pounds or bank transfer in Euros.
I do not accept bookings from all-male, all-female, or mixed parties under 25 years old.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This apartment has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in Spain (15,598)