Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
This high quality, private complex has fantastic sea views, landscaped gardens and swimming pool, where you can enjoy hours of quietly developing a sun tan. The apartment is on the GROUND FLOOR so, unlike most apartments, it has its OWN PRIVATE GARDEN (with BBQ) for your exclusive use and secure for kids, where you can relax to your heart's content.
There is something for everyone. The wonderful location is a golfer's haven, within easy reach of many excellent courses. It's only 5-10 minutes walk to a lovely, sandy beach, perfect for families, and the countryside and mountains behind are great for walkers and hikers.
A two minute drive away is the increasingly popular 'flagship' port of La Duquesa, with its bustling marina, bars, restaurants and supermarket. On what's often called the "New Golden Mile", Puerto de la Duquesa really is the Costa del Sol's best kept secret.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
|Further details indoors||
- GROUND FLOOR
- LCD TV + DVD player in lounge. HiFi system plays CDs, AM/FM radio (English stations available), and MP3 (USB port built in).
- additional TV + DVD player in master bedroom
- Sky TV (free to view channels)
- Well equipped kitchen, inc. oven, grill, ceramic hob, cooker hood, 2 microwaves (1 with grill), 2 toasters (1 with warming rack) and coffee maker. Also has breakfast table with 4 folding chairs
- Shopping trolley (useful for popping down to the nearby shops without a car)
- Cool box + ice packs (great for frozen food shopping and picnics!!)
- 2 clothes airers
- a cot can be provided, by prior arrangement
- Fitted wardrobes in both bedrooms
- Master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom
- Sleeps 4 to 6 people (double sofa-bed in lounge), so ideal for families or couples
- Lounge and master bedroom both have direct access onto a covered terrace
- French doors then lead from the covered terrace out to the private garden
|Further details outdoors||
- OWN PRIVATE GARDEN (paved patio), for your exclusive use and secure for kids too.
- Garden table with 6 chairs, plus 2 sun loungers
- Video entry system
- Complex has a swimming pool, with toilets/showers, plus free use of sun loungers & parasols
- Kids' playground right next to the block, with slide, see-saw and swings.
- Gated complex with private, secure parking (own parking space)
- New commercial centre just 5 minutes walk away, includes supermarkets, bar/restaurant and pizzeria.
- Please note that the towels provided are for use in the property only. You should take your own beach towels.
Children welcome. Families/couples preferred. Sorry, no smokers and no pets. 24 hour emergency phone number for any problems during your stay. Welcome pack provided, so no need to pack those little essentials.
The Costa del Sol region
The Costa del Sol is famous for its fantastic climate, excellent facilities, beautiful scenery and numerous places of interest.
Gibraltar is a 25 minute drive away. The amazing Moorish architecture of the Alhambra Palace at Granada makes a great day trip. So does Ronda, with its spectacular mountain scenery.
Marbella and Puerto Banus (20 minutes drive) are full of designer shops, expensive cars and beautiful yachts. Marbella's history dates back to 1600 BC and a visit to its beautiful "Old Town", with narrow streets, open squares, bars, restaurants and galleries, is a great idea.
La Duquesa is in a great location, to the west of Marbella. This part of the Costa has only limited and well-managed development, which means it has kept much of its unspoilt scenery and local character. This has resulted in an excellent quality of life, with relaxed living, but still having easy access to all the amenities you could wish for.
The beautiful beaches are clean and not commercialised. The sea is calm and suitable for swimming. Duquesa Port has a large number of varied bars and restaurants, which open late into the night - many host live music too. The port is a hive of activity every night of the week.
There are several open air markets in local towns on different days of the week. Sabinillas has a lovely beach, promenade and a children's play area. Estepona has a Carrefour hypermarket - the best place for buying groceries, alcohol and hardware at reasonable prices. Here you'll also find an equestrian show, featuring the famous Andalucian Horses.
You can take a dolphin safari from Gibraltar, or visit a casino in Marbella, Puerto Banus or Gibraltar. A fantastic day out for all ages is the Selwo National Park near Estepona, where animals of the five continents live together in semi-wild conditions - highly recommended.