Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 7
This beautiful barn conversion combines a traditional stone exterior with a stunning modern interior. The 4 star holiday cottage has been well planned with an effort to minimise impact of the property on the environment. Pentrewern is situated amongst the mountains of the Snowdonia National Park and sleeps 7 guests in 3 bedrooms.
On entering this 4 star boutique style holiday barn the brushed steel and glass contemporary stairway draws your eye up to the stunning bridge which divides the two upstairs bedrooms. The large open plan ground floor has a plush corner sofa, large flatscreen TV, dining area and kitchen. There is one bedroom on the ground floor and 2 upstairs.
In the evenings chic floor level outdoor lighting illuminates the attractive stone walling of the barn and the patio area where you are welcome to enjoy the BBQ and chimenea.
Central heating is provided by an eco friendly wood pellet fuelled boiler - both sustainable and 'carbon neutral'. Other environmental considerations include sewage and foul water plant that exceed European environmental standards.
The barn and the proprietors' adjacent house are set in 1.25 acres of tranquil private gardens with uninterrupted mountain views i every direction.
This 4 Star boutique cottage is ideally situated for an active holiday in Snowdonia or a quiet break away. Located only a 20 minute drive from the historic town of Dolgellau and within easy access the Mawddach estuary which has a 15km walking trail leading through the estuary's stunning surroundings and is excellent for bird watching, boating and fishing. The region is a haven for walkers, with both Cadair Idris and the more isolated Rhinog mountains offering a good base for walks up to the summits.
The nearby Coed y Brenin Forest Park offers world-class trails covering 140km - a stunning combination of natural routes and armoured man-made sections offering some epic riding. Facilities also include family walks, café, cycle shop, all-ability play area and an easy access trail.
The cottage is just a few minutes drive to a selection of pubs and restaurants including the 5 Star Cross Foxes Bar Grill - a newly refurbished Grade II listed building awarded Gold (exceptional) by Visit Wales and recognised by the Good Food Guide 2012, also awarded by the Alistair Sawday's Special Pub and voted by The Independent 2012 as one of Britain's Top 50 Country Pubs.
For mountain bike fans the property has secure bike storage.
Free Wi-Fi is also available at Pentrewern.
- lounge - stunning room with leather corner sofa, flat screen TV with 'free view', DVD and CD player. The focal point of the room is a very stylish and contemporary log burning stove which rotates as you wish
- dining - large table and chairs for 7 including a restored church pew
- kitchen - chic and fully fitted with modern range cooker, large fridge freezer, microwave and dishwasher
- shower room with basin and toilet
- bedroom 2 - double bed which can be made up as 2 twin beds on request
- open tread staircase to
- bedroom 1 - double bed which can be made up as 2 twin beds on request
- glass and brushed steel balustrade walkway 'bridge' to
- bedroom 3 - three full size single beds
- bathroom with a contemporary free standing bath, basin, toilet
- Pentrewern and the proprietors' adjacent house set in 1.25 acres of tranquil private gardens with uninterrupted mountain views
- contemporary patio area with garden furniture, BBQ & chimnea
- parking available for 6 cars
- purpose built detached drying room and a secure mountain bike storage area.
- awarded 4 Star grading by Visit Wales
- bed linen, electricity, hot water and heating all included
- wireless broadband included
- initial supply of logs included
- strictly no smoking
- 1 dog welcome by arrangement £20 per week.
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 7, Lounge seats for 7|
|Outdoors||Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
Rose Hadden (Property Manager )
- 1 Years listed
80% Response rate
Calendar last updated:09 Jul 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 127 properties
- 97 properties
- 83 properties
- 74 properties
- 70 properties
- 63 properties
- 49 properties
- 48 properties
- 42 properties
- Blaenau Ffestiniog
- 39 properties
- 33 properties
- 21 properties
- 12 properties
- Llan Ffestiniog
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Bow Street
- 7 properties