In a picturesque, quiet hamlet opposite an ancient granite chapel, this delightful, practical and spacious family holiday cottage is in a peaceful setting and has been refurbished to a high standard. It has a large, attractive sitting room with a woodburner for cooler evenings, a double bedroom and shower-room/toilet downstairs, a double bed and twin bedded room and another bathroom upstairs. The secluded garden has a summerhouse, and there is a lovely stream nearby.
All the family can enjoy the quiet country lanes for cycling. There is fishing in the local rivers, which are very scenic for walking or kayaking. The south coast is within easy reach; long sandy beaches at Erdeven and Plouhinec, as well as the beautiful Etel Ria and the Morbihan Gulf known for its mild climate and pretty islands.
Shop, café/bar and restaurant 4.5km, beach 45km.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lorient 40 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||4.5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Rennes, Nearest railway: Pontivy 22 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Ground floor: Lounge/dining room, kitchen, shower room with toilet and basin, 1 double bedroom.
First floor: Bathroom with shower over bath, toilet and basin, 2 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 twin.
Electric heating, woodburner in lounge (initial supply of fuel provided), all other fuel and power included in rent May to Sep, €30 fuel supplement Oct to Apr, colour TV, washing machine, freezer, microwave.
The central area of the upstairs contains a lovely restful area for reading or just give some time to yourself. Plenty of books are here to cater for most tastes in reading.
|Further details outdoors|
There is a lawned garden, summerhouse for the children to play in, patio, garden furniture, barbeque, 2 bikes, ample off road parking.
One pet welcome.
Welcome pack provided on arrival
English speaking representative available on hand to answer any questions
Ideal for the elderly and infirm
Brittany is a beautiful and sought after holiday region mostly because of its climate and outstanding natural beauty. There is 600km of coastline, with dramatic cliffs and fabulous sandy beaches and hidden coves. Visit the pretty harbours and explore the off shore Islands.
The property is situated in the Blavet Valley. The Blavet river flows through an exceptionally picturesque valley from Hennebont to Pontivy and offers a wide variety of activities and places to visit, yet it is only 20 to 30 minutes away from the beaches around Port Louis and Larmor Plage.With its mild climate this is an ideal location for a holiday at any time of the year.
The river is navigable to Pontivy where it joins the Nantes Brest canal, with relaxing boat trips or canoe hire for the more energetic.
Guemene sur Scorff a 10 drive away, is an ancient and historic market town, dating back to the fifteenth century. With its historic monument and picturesque buildings it provides culture and interest to many visitors every year. Enjoy a walk into the market town and enjoy the three boulangeries, bars and a creperie. There also 2 pharmacies and some gift shops as well as a supermarket and even a pizzeria. For larger shopping trips visit Pontivy which is just a 20 mins drive away or Lorient a large port promising good shopping.
Please note: the world famous Celtic music festival at Lorient in August. There are numerous festivals all over Brittany during the summer.
Ideas for days out:
* Melrand Lake and river weir. Families use this for picnics, swimming and fishing
* Concarneau: Fishing port with a vintage medieval walled city. There are boat trips out to the isles des Glenan, a small archipelage, home to famous sailing school and seabird sanctuaries.
* Josselin: A medieval village dominated by an awesome chateau.
* Quiberon peninsula
* Port Navalo: Beautiful coastal promontory East (across the water)
* Lake Guerledan: North of Melrand/Pontivy, beaches and boat/canoe hire. Bar and restaurant open throughout the day.
* Golf de Rimaison: Lovely 9 hole golf course 9km from Melrand, South of Pontivy
* St. Nicolas Des Eaux: Lovely river ambience with riverside path, cycle hire and boat trips.
* Beaches near Lorient: Lomener Plage cove with rock pools.Lamour Plage/Guidel Plage with long sandy beach, safe for children, bars and restaurants. Guidel good for surfing.
* Pont Scorff Zoo, shows during day and restaurants or bring picnic.
* Quad biking outside of Guemene
* Clay Barn: for children as well as adults who enjoy painting, near Kernascladen.
* Adventure parks: Plenty of tourist information available in the information pack at the cottage.