Welcome to the Villa Hibiscus, a one-of-a-kind, a romantically rustic, three-bedroom fantasyland holiday residence offering the authenticity and charm of Balinese design and hospitality with all the mod cons one would expect in a modern villa, and just a five-minute stroll from the calm waters of Merta Sari Beach in Sanur on Bali's southeast shore.
Characterised by thatched roofs, antique furnishings and vast, semi-open-air living areas and a private 18 metre swimming pool, the villa is blessed with sprawling landscaped gardens filled with fishponds and fountains, tropical flowers and tall trees that attract butterflies, dragonflies and beautiful birds, creating a magical holiday environment.
Set on a sprawling 3,500 square metres of landscaped gardens, the main building is a classical Balinese-style semi-open plan house with a spacious downstairs living, dining and bar area, three en-suite bedrooms, as well as a wonderful TV lounge in the mezzanine floor. The main house has a wide, tiled terrace that runs the full length of the house linking the three bedrooms to the main living area, while a courtyard in the rear features a tranquil and mesmerising fountain. An adjacent single-storey pavilion houses the kitchen and a dining room.
Dominating the garden, the swimming pool is surrounded by sun loungers, a bale bengong relaxation pavilion and a Madurese daybed. Hidden in the garden, next to the vine-draped pergola leading to the main bedroom is an antique lumbung, or rice granary, with cushioned seating, a perfect shady spot to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book.
With all its beauty, space and service, and within easy walking distance of a safe swimming beach and many shops and restaurants, Villa Hibiscus is an ideal getaway for groups of friends seeking the quiet life, and especially good for families as kids will have the time of their lives letting spirits and imaginations run wild.
- Accommodation for up to 6 people in the villa plus two children under 12 years free in existing beds or baby cot.
- Welcome drinks, cold towels, snacks and fruits upon arrival.
- The first day's American breakfast is complimentary for all guests at the villa.
- Unlimited drinking water, tea and coffee.
- A cook: guests pay cost price for groceries plus a service charge of 25 % for purchase and delivery. Dinners, BBQ, Balinese dining, candlelit dinners at guest request.
- Daily room cleaning and guest services during the day.
- Pool and garden cleaning and maintenance.
- Regular changes of linen.
- TV channels (in English) - in the main bedroom and the Mezzanine lounge.
- Complimentary WiFi Internet access.
- Extra bed USD 35 per night. Maximum number of guests - 8 people, including children.
- Food groceries (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and beverages charged at cost from supermarket plus a service charge of 25%. Purchases are made in advance daily.
- Massage and spa services in the villa.
- Babysitting services.
- Private yoga lessons at the villa.
- Bicycle or scooter rental.
- Brand-new 7-seater chauffeured car use: IDR 350,000 plus petrol for 4 hours, or IDR 550,000 plus petrol for 8 hours.
- Traditional Balinese dances during dinner, folk and live music, as well as children's parties and birthday parties at the villa - on request and by prior arrangement.
- Sightseeing tours, entrance tickets, outside spa visits, diving, surfing lessons, visits to attractions, shopping – all at guest request.
Any parties or events in the villa Hibiscus must be previously approved by the managed. Stipulated local consul fees and event fee are applicable.
Coordinates: 8° 42' 25.24", +115° 15' 1.83".
Villa Hibiscus is located down a quiet residential back-road in the historical village of Sanur on Bali's southeastern coast. Sanur was Bali's original tourist enclave and is characterized by shady lanes, vine-draped coral walls, sedate leafy compounds, majestic trees and a five-kilometre shoreline within a gentle reef-sheltered lagoon, making it safe for swimming, and is home to many consulates, and large garden estates of wealthy locals and expats
The island's first simple guest rooms were constructed here in the late 1940s, heralding the age of modern tourism. Today Sanur is the domain of well-heeled tourists, who like its mellow, restful and cosmopolitan ambience. Foreign visitors rub shoulders with the locals, chic fashion shops are bordered by traditional markets, and a plethora of hidden temples can be found in between of art galleries and nice restaurants.
Sailing boats dot the horizon, and old men in conical hats linger on the stone jetties with their fishing rods while contemplating the aquatic aerobatics of the kite surfers.
Almost the entire coastline is built up by a luxurious private residences and hotels with exceptional gardens and a paved esplanade runs the length of the sandy beach, recently saved from erosion by an impressive landscaping and conservation project that has also safeguarded the coral reef. Cycling and walking along this pathway is a great way to explore the local community and watch the sun rise. Along this path are a wide selection of small restaurants and cafes where it is possible to rent a sun lounger for a small fee and spend a most pleasant afternoon on the sand.
Located just five minutes' walk from the villa is Merta Sari Beach, normally a very quiet and peaceful beach and popular with tourists, which on Sundays comes alive with the sights and sounds of the local villagers who converge on the sand to run huge kites, swim, buy and sell food, and have a good time.
Strolling up the beach walk from Merta Sari are a variety of cafes, restaurants, coffee shops and sports bars that offer a good choice of where to spend your time. A short taxi ride away in the centre of town are wide selection of restaurants offering everything from Chinese, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Spanish cuisine, Australian steaks and fresh seafood.
From Sanur is very convenient to explore the central and northern part of the island:
- Ubud, the cultural capital of Bali: 40 minutes,
- Bali Bird and Reptile Park: 30 minutes,
- White water rafting and quad biking trips: 45 minutes,
- Bali Elephant Park: 45 minutes,
- Bali Safari and Marine Park: 30 minutes,
- Kintamani village on the caldera of the Mt Batur volcano: about 1,5 hours.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||14:00|
|Check out time:||12:00|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Air conditioning, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms and 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|