Offering spacious accommodation, this newly refurbished 2 bedroom apartment with its fresh and tasteful décor is the perfect place to relax.
Situated in a quiet and peaceful location at Newhaven Harbour, only 200 yards from some excellent restaurants at the quayside. Take a short walk to Ocean Terminal for some shopping and a trip to the Royal Yacht Brittannia, or visit the cosmopolitan Leith shore area for award winning restaurants and bars. A short bus ride will take you into the city of Edinburgh, where there is first class shopping, eating out and tourist attractions, as well as exciting night life.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Portobello 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh International 16 km, Nearest railway: Edinburgh Waverley 5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Parking, Lift access|
|Further details indoors|
* Spacious open-plan kitchen/living room with 2 sofas, freeview TV, DVD, I-pod docking station, dining table and chairs. A selection of board games and books is available.
* Kitchen is well equipped and contains gas hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and combination washer/dryer.
* Master bedroom with double bed, 2 bedside tables, fitted wardrobe.
* 2nd bedroom has a single wardrobe, a small single bed with a second pull out bed. These can be used as two singles or put together to make a king size bed on request.
* A travel cot and highchair can be provided on request; although please supply your own cot bedding.
|Further details outdoors|
* Secure intercom entry system
* Shared garden area to the rear of the development, with off street parking.
* There is a lift access to the apartment, suitable for wheelchair users using the rear door to the property, however the interior of the apartment is not adapted for wheelchairs.
* Welcome pack including tea, coffee, milk, biscuits and breakfast cereal provided.
* Tourist information pack included.
Edinburgh's tourist attractions and many festivals are world famous and too numerous to list here. The city provides an excellent blend of historic and modern attractions. It's a beautiful city to explore on foot, with its Old and New Towns, the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle, and even a bracing walk up Arthur's Seat for spectacular views of the city and surrounding area.
As well as Edinburgh, this is an ideal base for exploring the rest of Central Scotland - Glasgow is 45 minutes away by train. St Andrew's, the "home of golf" and the Open Championship course at Muirfield are both only a short drive away. There are also several municipal golf courses nearby, all reasonably priced.
There is something for everyone in Edinburgh - from the National Gallery, the Scott Monument and the stately grandeur of Holyrood Palace, Hopetoun House, and the Royal Yacht Brittannia to the more contemporary attractions such as Dynamic Earth, the Zoo, Sealife Centre and Camera Obscura. Rugby fans can enjoy 6 nations games at the Murrayfield Stadium, and even if you don't get a ticket, its a great time to be in the City. For nights out, George Street is home to the city's most cosmopolitan bars and restaurants, whilst the parallel Rose Street has much more traditional pubs.
Leith, which is only 2 miles from Princes Street, and a 15 minute walk from the apartment has a number of attractions. Commercial Quay and the Shore Area are very lively and have a great selection of bars and restaurants, catering for all tastes and budgets. Ocean Terminal has numerous shops and coffee bars/restaurants, cinema screens, play areas and is home to the Royal Yacht.