Old Duffus farmhouse, on family run Duffus Estate, provides a spacious yet homely atmosphere, perfect for families or other larger groups. Surrounded by fields and with stunning views of impressive Duffus Castle, the property is the ideal place to retreat to and relax. Just imagine a stroll through the castle ruins as the sun sets across fields of golden barley......or a sunny evening BBQ with a killer castle view!
It sleeps 8 (2 doubles & 2 twins) and both bathrooms are on the ground floor therefore making it easier for those with more limited mobility. There is a wood burning stove for keeping cosy in the sitting room and also an open fire in the kitchen - great for setting the atmosphere for those long, lazy dinners around the large farmhouse kitchen table. Complementary logs are provided from the Estate.
The area is packed with things to do: from exploring the gorgeously unspoilt Moray coastline with its miles of golden sandy beaches, cliff top trails, caves, sea stacks and dolphin spotting to the Speyside whisky trial, numerous historic attractions such as Spynie Palace and Brodie Castle, golf and cycling to name but a few!
The nearby village of Duffus has a lovey local pub, shop, post office and play park whilst Elgin boasts some lovely independent shops, for example, Gordon & MacPhail - the local whisky and deli emporium!
The property is located east off the B9012 approximately 2 miles south of the village of Duffus and approximately 5 miles North of Elgin. It is within easy reach of the A96 that runs between Inverness and Aberdeen which both have airports.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Covesea 3 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Inverness 55 km, Nearest railway: Elgin 7 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
The accommodation consists of:
Farmhouse Kitchen / Diner - with open fire & fully equipped
Utility Room - great storage
Living room - castle views, new wood burning stove, flat screen TV /DVD,
2 Double Bedrooms - one with castle view
Family bathroom with shower
Large shower room
2 Twin rooms - castle views
Den / playroom
- A cot, highchair and stairgate available.
- All bills are included in the rent.
- Welcome pack provided on arrival.
- Owners are happy to provide any extra information about the area and things to do.
- The property has double glazing throughout and has oil fired central heating.
|Further details outdoors|
- Large garden complete with unrivalled castle views to front
- Ample parking to the rear
- Garden furniture, BBQ and some outdoor toys / games provided.
- Please note for child safety that there are agricultural buildings to the rear of the property with occasional use by farm vehicles.
- Up to two dogs are permitted subject to certain restrictions.
- Smoking is only permitted outside the property.
- You are responsible for your own travel insurance and that the owner is not liable for any injury or damage to your belongings during your stay. You are responsible for ensuring that windows and doors are locked either when absent or sleeping.
- On departure, it is expected that the property is left in a similar condition to when you arrived. The owners kindly ask that beds are stripped and all linen and towels are left in the utility room. Dishes and crockery are washed, bins emptied and furniture, games and books returned to their original location. Please empty the fridge and freezer of any leftover food.
- Any breakages or damage deemed by the owner to be out-with fair wear and tear will be charged at the appropriate rate.
Morayshire is an oft forgotten gem in the Scottish highlands. Within easy access from both Inverness and Aberdeen - it has a lot to offer in terms of places of interest, beautiful scenery and things to do. Moray is also renowned for its micro climate - giving marginally dryer and warmer days. You have to experience it to believe it!!
Set in the heart of Morayshire, the area has the best of both worlds. Within minutes of many glorious sandy and quiet beaches such as Covesea and Roseisle or just a short drive from the Cairgorms with their rugged mountains, glens and rivers. There is a plethora of historic sites to visit including National Trust properties such as Brodie Castle and Leith Hall, the famous Fort George, and Spynie Palace to name a few. Feeling active - then there are numerous golf courses suitable for all abilities, the Elgin leisure centre with swimming pool and ice rink, sailing in Findhorn or fishing on the Spey.
Feeling indulgent - then head to the hills and taste some magical Speyside malt Whisky at some of the worlds finest distilleries such as Glenlivet and Glenfiddich or relax at the Boath House Aveda spa. For shopping there is Johnston's Woollen Mill famed for its cashmere, Baxters famed for its...tinned soup, and for the whisky connoisseur - Gordon & MacPhail's shop and deli on South Street in Elgin. For the kids there is the the Loft play barn by Kinloss, the Cooper Park in Elgin, and further afield, Landmark at Carrbridge with its adventure park and water slides. Feeling like a meal or drink - the local cafe at Covesea offers fantastic local seafood whilst nearby Lossiemouth and Elgin have a variety of bars and restaurants to suit all tastes. The restaurant at Boath House, near Nairn, even boasts a Michelin star.