* The house is five minutes away from the village square with its lively restaurants, cafes and shops, and a market three times a week. Vernet les Bains is renowned for its thermal baths and arboretum, and it has public swimming pools (outdoor pool open summer months, indoor pool open all year round) and tennis courts, as well as a Casino. A walker's paradise, it also has caving, fishing, mountain-biking and the "little yellow train" within 20 minutes. Pharmacy and English-speaking doctor in the village.
* The main bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom are all on the first floor of the house, with balconies and beautiful views. On the ground floor there is a further bedroom, en-suite shower room and living area leading to a small courtyard. It's ideal for a familiy or friends. There's also a storage/garage area for bikes. Parking is three minutes away, outside the Town Hall.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Vinca lake: 20 km, Canet plage 50 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perpignan 45 km, Nearest railway: Villefranche 7 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
The house has double-glazing throughout. Each room has at least one radiator which heats it very quickly, The main living area also has a "wood effect" fire. There are also cooling fans in each bedroom if necessary in the summer. There is a baby-bed. The house also has a small courtyard with table and chairs, and lighting so that you can sit out in the evening. .
The DVD player plays Blue Ray.
The house can be cleaned, and bed linen changed during your stay if you wish, at a small extra cost.
|Further details outdoors|
The village recreation area is by the Cady river, ten minutes walk from the house. There are public pools here (outdoor children's and adults', and indoor), tennis courts, a bowls area and a shady park which forms part of the arboretum. Bicycles can be hired in the village, as can 4*4s if you don't want to walk up the mountain.
Parking is 3 minutes away, outside the Town Hall.
This region is both beautiful and varied.
The mountains are spectacular and accessible to all - hikers, bikers and skiers of any level.
The coast boasts sandy beaches northwards, and rocky coastline with delightful bays towards the Spanish coast. Coastal towns entice with their fishing ports and restaurants.
Those interested in culture, history or language will find much to offer: Cathar castles, the old Spanish border north of Perpignan at Salses le Chateau, and Catalan festivals throughout the area. Abbeys (St Martin du Canigou, St Michel de Cuxa, Serrabonne priory), Vauban walled towns (Villefranche, Mont Louis), the Prades Pablo Casals festival, Perpignan and Carcassonne.
There are vineyards everywhere, look and see where the wine you bought is from - you can probably visit the vineyard - this is the largest wine-producing area of France.
...and if you tire of France, go to Andorra or Barcelona for the day!
Vernet-les-Bains is a great place for a holiday whatever you enjoy doing, and whether you all want to do everything together or separately:
* From the door you can hike, mountain-bike, play tennis, and swim (outdoor public pool open summer months, indoor pool open all year round).
* A short drive away there's trout fishing and caving, rafting and adventure parks
* Taking it easy? Discover the arboretum, pamper yourself at the thermal baths, or stroll up to the Belvedere. Take the "little yellow train" into the mountains and in the evening enjoy the frequent concerts on the village square or visit the Casino.