The property is ideal for a quiet relaxing stay; to be mesmerized by the views across Bigbury Bay from the comfort of the Sun Lounge, with a romantic sunset over Burgh Island, or over dinner gazing at the evening sunlight over Bantham and the River Avon.
Alternatively, it's comfortably spacious for a family including a large garden for children's play. As the beach is a 5 minute walk from the garden gate via the National Trust coast path, it's very easy to combine the pleasure of the beach with the comfort of the bungalow.
There are local amenities nearby: The Hollywell Stores at St Anne's Chapel (nearby village), Bigbury Golf Course, The Venus Cafe and the Pilchard Inn on Burgh Island.
It is Quality Assessed by Visit England and has a 3 Star Rating. An Access Statement is available upon request.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Bigbury on Sea 200 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Plymouth 24 km, Nearest railway: Totnes 24 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 7|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
• Both bedrooms have Wash Hand Basins, Towel Rails and Electric Shaver points.
• Duvets and pillows are provided.
• Bed linen and towels can be provided, upon request, for a small extra charge.
• There are books for adults and children plus jigsaw puzzles and games provided for the less active
|Further details outdoors|
• The sunny lawned private garden with outdoor garden furniture for eating 'al fresco' while enjoying sea views plus 4 deck chairs.
• Large garden suitable for children's play.
• Ample parking space for 3 cars.
• Locked storage space for small boat, windsurfers, surfing equipment.
• The owner provides a welcome, usually in person, or by telephone for late arrivals.
• There is a welcome tray with tea/coffee/milk/biscuits.
• A Notice Board is in the Hallway with all the necessary information, as well as a User Manual giving instructions on the use of equipment within the bungalow.
South Devon is an area of outstanding natural beauty with its pretty villages, excellent blue flag beaches, varied coastline and moorland areas. It’s an ideal place for a family holiday with lots of action or couples simply looking for relaxation.
The enjoyment of the area does not rely on the weather, as there is much to explore and tourist attractions to suit all ages, stunning walks and scenery and good local food obtainable in restaurants and the many unique pubs that can be found in the West Country.
BIGBURY ON SEA is a small hamlet in the South of Devon set in the beautiful coastal area of the South Hams which is linked to Burgh Island (with its famous Art Deco Hotel and Pilchard Inn) by a short sandspit which is covered at high tide. There is a large sandy beach, excellent for swimming, surfing and windsurfing and Bigbury Golf Club, with its 18 hole course and sea views, is nearby. The Venus Beach Café and Post Office (also selling provisions) are also available. The city of Plymouth with its shops, museums, theatres and cinema is within half an hour’s drive.