Rocksalt is a stunning 4-bedroomed holiday home just outside Rock on the North Cornwall coast. Built and furnished to a very high standard in 2008, the house is situated in a glorious setting with far-reaching views over the Cornish countryside, yet is only a few minutes drive from Rock, the surfing beach of Polzeath and child-friendly Daymer Bay beach.
The accommodation is light and airy and comprises 4 large bedrooms with 2 en-suites and 1 family bathroom; an open-plan luxury kitchen/lounge/dining area with large comfy sofas, a 42" LCD tv and all mod cons. There is a south-facing garden (which is now fully secure as it is fenced at the front and back) with a weber charcoal bbq and an outside hot and cold surfers' shower.
Not only is the house well-served for numerous beautiful beaches, but within 10 miles there are four excellent golf courses, as well as the quaint fishing village of Port Isaac (location for the TV series Doc Martin); Padstow with its famous Rick Stein restaurants; the Camel cycle trail and slightly further afield, the world renowned Eden Project. This is a perfect location for families, surfers, golfers, foodies and walkers.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Rock/Daymer Bay/Polzeath 4 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Newquay Airport 20 km, Nearest railway: Bodmin Parkway 18 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 9|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Upstairs there is one double room with super king-size (6') bed, one twin-bedded room and one family bathroom with shower over the bath. Downstairs there is one double room with king-size (5') bed with en-suite bathroom with shower over the bath and one twin-bedded room with en-suite shower room. White bed linen and fluffy towels are all provided for your convenience. This is the perfect house for one large or two small families.
|Further details outdoors|
There is a large, sunny, south-facing patio with bbq and table with bench seats. To the side of the house is a private hot and cold surfers' shower. There is also use of communal grounds - a wonderful, safe place for children to explore.
The north coast of Cornwall is an area of outstanding natural beauty and provides a wealth of activities for all ages and all seasons. There are numerous sandy beaches suitable for young and old alike; fantastic walks through breathtaking cliff-top scenery; many local golf courses including the famous links course of St Enodoc; houses and gardens to visit and many other sporting, leisure and culinary activiites to choose from.
There is so much to do in all seasons and all weathers:
* Beaches near at hand include:
picturesque Daymer Bay - suitable for young children and great for rock pooling
Polzeath - two surf schools on the beach for all ages and board and wetsuit hire available - a great place for
* Rock is close by with its its array of food and clothng shops as well as its sailing and water ski schools
* huge variety of water sports available including surfing, boogie boarding, sailing, waterskiing canoeing, kite surfing and windsurfing
* fantastic coastline walks around Polzeath, Port Quin, Port Gavern and Port Isaac
* golf - four courses within a radius of 10 miles
* houses and gardens to visit including Pencarrow House, Lanhydrock, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and
* leisure facilities - the stunning St Moritz hotel and Roserrow Country Club offer swimming, jacuzzi, gym and tennis as well as spa treatments
* cycling - the Camel Trail offers 18 miles of virtually traffic-free cycling from Bodmin to Padstow
* eating out - many excellent eateries to choose from including Rick Stein's restaurants in Padstow
* visit the old fishing village of Port Isaac
* fishing and rock pooling
* family days out - slightly further afield are the Eden Project, Creally's Adventure Park, the Blue Reef Aquarium, Newquay Zoo, Tintagel and the Minack open-air theatre