A recently renovated, stylish, split-level, spacious 'Noughties' house, equipped with every modern comfort, offers you 5-star luxury in a beautiful Warwickshire & is an ideal base from which to explore the historical Heart of England.
This house also offers an ideal b&b or home rental for RWC 2015. In the middle of England, so great base for games in Leicester, Milton Keynes, Villa Park, Kingsholm & London is 50 mins train. We are avid rugby fans ourselves, so happy to tailor to suit your needs, e.g. provide transport to & from games. Just ask!
The house itself was completely renovated in 2011 into a stunning contemporary house, with a huge open plan 'lifestyle area' (kitchen/ dining area/ snug), equipped with all mod cons, making it a house for all seasons:
- underfloor heating in every room means that you can control the temperature throughout the day in every room
- wood burning stoves in the snug (18kWh for serious heat!) & in the cinema room, mean that you can draw the curtains & enjoy cosy evenings in front of the 50in TV or play board games (provided) or sit & read (selection of novels & reference books provided) or listen to music (bring your own iPOD & use the docking station in the kitchen or in the cinema room)
- the kitchen is equipped with top of the range Siemens appliances, where keen & budding cooks alike can experiment & entertain. There's easy access to the internet on the flat screen TV in the kitchen, to seek out that forgotten recipe. We also have a wide selection of cookery books available in the kitchen or watch that favourite cookery programme live on the kitchen TV!
Kitchen appliances include:
- 3 ovens - including a steam oven & microwave combination oven
- Extra wide induction hob & separate gas ring for wok cooking,
- large upright fridge-freezers
Last but not least, for the coffee enthusiasts, a Nespresso coffee machine (with a wide selection of capsules provided)
The dining table seats 10 people & there's a dual zone wine cooler to keep your favourite tipple at the optimum temperature.
If there's a special occasion you want to celebrate, we can cook a bespoke meal for you.
The spacious cinema room (7m*5m) has a recessed 50in TV, with Sky TV, Blu-Ray & iPOD docking station & full surround sound. There are 3 large leather sofas, so plenty of space to spread out. The built-in wood burner & black out curtains make it a great place to escape the weather on long winter nights. We provide plenty of seasoned logs free of charge.
Upstairs, there are three double bedrooms, with an ensuite to every room. The master bedroom has a dressing room & its own balcony, facing onto the east-facing back garden. In the summer, this is a lovely spot for coming round over a morning coffee or tea. Because there is underfloor heating in every room, you can select your temperature setting & times for each bedroom & each ensuite.
All linen & towels are included, together with the essentials - washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, washing powder, fabric conditioner, soap, shampoo, loo roll.
On a practical note, there is a separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, a sink for hand washing, iron & ironing board, together with a separate toilet.
Beau Brae is situated on a quiet windy lane on the edge of the village & up a 50m driveway, so the front & the back gardens are completely private, both lawned, with mature trees & decorative borders, including a small herb garden by the back door for the keen cook. If you're seeking somewhere to chillax, this is the perfect place. You don't even have to leave the house!
Because of regular visitors to the bird feeders on the front garden, pets are not allowed.
The front garden faces west, with a large patio area leading off from the kitchen, where you can enjoy alfresco dining in the afternoon & evening. The rear garden faces east, with its own patio area for morning & lunchtime dining. It has extensive views over Warwickshire fields.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Birmingham 35 km, Nearest railway: Rugby 10 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Brinklow is located in the north east of Warwickshire in the Heart of England, between Rugby & Coventry. It's a extremely green & rural & yet located close to the M6, M1, M40 motorways
All the following places are within a 30 minute drive:
- STRATFORD, Shakespeare's birthplace with the recently renovated Royal Shakespeare Theatre & a plethora of shops, restaurants & historical buildings [www.stratford-upon-avon.co.uk] [www.visitstratforduponavon.co.uk]
- Stunning medieval WARWICK CASTLE, owned by Madame Tussaud's & a wonderful day out for the family [www.warwick-castle.com]
- the beautiful Georgian spa town of LEAMINGTON SPA, with its shops, theatres, restaurants & spa. [http://www.royal-leamington-spa.co.uk]
- KENILWORTH CASTLE, with its recently restored 16th century Elizabethan knot gardens [www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/kenilworth-castle]
- BOSWORTH FIELD, where King Richard III, England's last Plantagenet king, fell in battle [www.bosworthbattlefield.com]
- LEICESTER, where Richard III's remains were discovered in 2012, & where they will be laid to rest in the Cathedral in May 2014 [www.cathedral.leicester.anglican.org]
- COVENTRY, with its two Cathedrals - the ruined shell of the 14th-century Gothic Cathedral, destroyed after its bombing during the Second World War & the new St Michael's Cathedral, built after the destruction of the former and a celebration of 20th-century architecture. Coventry is also home of the Jaguar car & the Coventry Transport Museum [www.coventrycathedral.org.uk]
- GAYDON Heritage Motor Centre, features the world's greatest collection of classic, vintage & veteran British cars
Still on a motoring theme: CASTLE DONINGTON & SILVERSTONE race tracks are both around 40 miles away.
And because Brinklow is in the middle of England, it's only 90 minutes drive away from so many places – the YORKSHIRE DALES & the PEAK DISTRICT to the North, WEMBLEY STADIUM to the South, the WALES border to the west & CAMBRIDGE to the East.
We want to make your stay as enjoyable & special as possible so, if you don't know the area, we'd be happy to help plan your stay, by chatting about your interests & telling you more about local attractions, what's on, restaurants, theatres & transport options. And we can organize tailored days out.
Beau Brae is situated in the picturesque Warwickshire village of BRINKLOW, which is on the Fosse Way, an ancient Roman Road. The village boasts the remains of a large Norman motte & bailey (officially called Brinklow Castle, but known locally as "The Tump". It's one of the largest & best preserved of its type in England. The Castle is believed to have been built on the site of an ancient burial mound. Brinklow was established as a market town in the Middle Ages, which is when the impressive St John the Baptist church dates back to.
This truly is 'middle England'. If you've ever listened to the Archers radio serial, you'll recognise Brinklow! For a village of 1000 people, Brinklow is well supplied - with 3 thriving pubs, a Post Office, a deli/ tea shop, fish & chop shop, Chinese takeaway, an Indian restaurant & takeaway & even its own local taxi service!
And there are plenty of walks to enjoy in the Warwickshire countryside or along the Oxford Canal, through the fields to one of the neighbouring villages, most of which also offer excellent pubs to feed & water & cosset you. Or, to save your legs, hire a canal boat from Rose Narrowboats (800m away)
COOMBE ABBEY is a couple of miles away - a 12th century Cistercian abbey, now a country house hotel & restaurant & a 500 acre country park. There are plenty of golf courses in the area. The closest are Brandon & Ansty. The Warwickshire is around 20 minutes away.
For the food enthusiasts, Malt Kiln Farm Shop is located in the next village (5 min drive) & offers PYO, butchers, bakery, cafe, garden centre & general grocery. Award-winning Aubrey Allen butcher's is located in Leamington Spa (20km).
For real ale enthusiasts, there's Wood Farm Brewery (8km) - a bar restaurant offering tours of the brewery.
The market town of RUGBY is 6 miles away - you can walk to it along the canal, drive there or catch a bus. It has a fantastic selection of characterful pubs & restaurants & the famous Rugby school, where the modern game of rugby was first played.