Roe Barn is a stunning detached barn conversion providing first class holiday accommodation with a large secure garden in a beautiful location. Set in 6 acres of outstanding Dorset countryside there is lots of space for couples, families and dogs to explore and the dramatic Jurassic Coast and beaches are within 4 miles. The thriving market town of Bridport and its bustling harbour at West Bay are 5 minutes by car/bus or can be walked along the picturesque Brit Valley public footpaths
Roe Barn sits in its own private paddock and can accommodate up to 6 guests with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is a fabulous vaulted ceiling in the main living area and large picture windows looking out over the terrace and gardens with wonderful views beyond. Exposed beams and stonework blend great character with state of the art modern fittings in the fully equipped kitchen, luxurious en-suite and family bathrooms, wood burner, 32 inch Freeview/SMART TV, WiFi and underfloor and central heating.
There is lots of space - in addition to its own large fully enclosed garden, guests are welcome to explore the communal paddock, woodland and orchard with dog walks through the Bluebell woods and a kids play area in the main field.
* Free Wi-Fi
* Free logs for wood burner
* Parking for up to 3 cars in private, gated driveway.
* Outside patio flagstone seating area with teak furniture and gas barbecue.
* The front door leads into the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner.
* The spacious double vaulted lounge/kitchen enjoys underfloor heating with french doors leading to the patio, gardens and paddock beyond. The oak kitchen is fully equipped with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and NEFF oven, hob and microwave.
* The dining table comfortably seats six.
* The lounge has two comfortable leather sofas and two leather chairs where guests can relax in front of the wood burner.
* 32 inch Freeview/SMART TV with DVD movies available.
* The ground floor with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom leads down from the lounge via three shallow steps. The comfortable king size double bedroom has french doors while the second bedroom has two single beds. The adjacent luxury bathroom has walk in power shower.
* The first floor leads from the lounge via an oak staircase and accommodates the master bedroom with luxury corner bath and en suite facilities.
• Quality linen is provided and towels available at £5 per person.
•This is a great environment for anyone who loves the outdoors. Guests are free to walk in the paddock and orchard or on the dog walk trail around the wood.
•Several pubs and Bridport are within reach via the Brit Valley footpath.
•We welcome children and pets and there is a 'jungle gym' , trampoline and 5-a-side football goals in the main field.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||15:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||West Bay 6 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter, Nearest railway: Crewkerne - Waterloo Line 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Climbing frame, Swing set, Trampoline|
|Access||Secure parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
West Dorset is the perfect holiday location with uncrowded beaches, miles of unspoilt Heritage Coast, pretty harbours and little villages seemingly untouched by time. Lovely old houses, museums and houses to explore, excellent sea fishing off the long expanse of Chesil Beach or from nearby fishing lakes.
There are countless places of interest to visit in West Dorset – the sub-tropical gardens or swannery at Abbotsbury, for instance, or Hardy's Cottage. Lyme Regis, with its famous Cobb, immortalised in "The French Lieutenant's Woman". Weymouth, Portland Bill and Bournemouth are conveniently placed for a day out. If you wish to venture further afield, there is Brownsea Island or other National Trust properties to visit, or even a day trip from Weymouth to the Channel Islands.
Nearby, the local Palmers brewery, is the only brewery to have a thatched roof and offers tours (and samples) which you will not want to miss. West Bay, the pretty harbour of Bridport, was once used as the setting for "Harbour Lights", with Nick Berry portraying the Harbour Master, whilst television celebrity chef, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall was filmed near Binghams Farm in "Return to River Cottage". Bridport market is held Saturdays and Wednesdays in the town and there is an annual Carnival and Show.
Located in the West of Dorset and yet on the dramatic Jurassic coast Bridport is a thriving market town with food and arts events all year round. Market days are Wednesdays and Saturday with something to entice everyone.
Supermarkets include Morrisons, Waitrose, Co-op and Lidl with Tesco delievery service available. Local Butchers and Fruit & Veg shops are locate within the town centre and the award winning Washingpool farm shop is 4 kms away.
With many restaurants, bars and cafes on offer with tastes and price bands to suit all.