The Coach House at Lodge Farm
5 STAR GOLD AWARD 2014/15 Norfolk Holiday Farmhouse
100% Scored for Cleanliness and Housekeeping
Book securely Direct with the Owner
We believe it takes a combination of wonderful service, delightful rooms, high-spec bathrooms and kitchen in idyllic surroundings, to make your holiday special. This is reflected in our 2nd prestigious 'Gold Award' and five star rating from Quality in Tourism 2014/15 and also in our outstanding reviews on Trip Advisor.
Guests are pampered from the moment they arrive with a homemade cream tea (or mince pies at Christmas)! in the sitting room or gardens.
The Coach House Special Features:
•Luxurious, high-spec conversion of a Character property, built in 1800
•Detached Georgian Coach House and Stables, Gardens and Courtyard, with wood-fired cedar hot tub, LOVED by our guests!
•Completely private/ self-contained at the end of own sweeping driveway
•All-inclusive of: luxury linens, towels, bathrobes, Arran Aromatics Toiletries, logs for woodburner, generous welcome pack
•Beauty treatments, maid service and in-house chef upon request
•Tucked away and ideally placed for touring Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
•5 x Stylish bedrooms for 8-10, flexible sleeping, 5xTV's, in the kitchen, sitting room and 3 of the bedrooms .
•Family bathroom, 2 x en suites, downstairs WC
•Fluffy bathrobes for adults and children.
•Baby Kit : steriliser, bottle warmer, baby bath, cot and highchair
•Celebration Package: Bespoke Cake, Bunting and Champagne upon request
Location of The Coach House:
• Peaceful Riverside Village, 4 miles south of Downham Market
• Walking distance to butcher, general store, farm shop and café
• Choice of restaurants, pubs, swimming pool, supermarkets and services 4 miles away.
•Superb fishing lakes in the village
• Golf at Ryston Park 3 miles away. Floodlit driving range 3 miles.
• Church Farm children's attraction, animals, tractor rides, 4 miles.
• Cathedral City of Ely & Maritime town of King's Lynn, 20 minutes by car
• Thetford Forest and GoApe Treetop Adventure, 30 miles of exceptional bike and walking trails in 50,000 acres of pine forest. 15 minutes
• Heacham and Hunstanton sheltered sandy beaches. safe, shallow waters ideal for children. Glorious and uncrowded. 20 minutes
• 90 minutes easy train ride to Central London
• 8 miles from Welney Nature Reserve, 1,000 acres of abundant wildlife and wildflowers.
• Easy drive to Award-Winning Dinosaur Adventure and BeWilderwood
Inside The Coach House:
• 5 x bedrooms sleeping 8-10 guests comprising of:
• 2 x Master Bedrooms with en suites and flatscreen TV's.
• 1 x Twin Room
• 1 x Flexible room. Single, superking or twin.
• 1 x Ground Floor Flexible Room close to WC. Single, superking or twin, door to courtyard garden
• Downstairs WC and upstairs family bathroom with bath and shower.
• All bedrooms have garden views
• Exceptionally comfortable beds. Choice of pillows, luxury crisp, white linens.
• Spacious Sitting Room, full cinema surround sound, 50” TV, Woodburner
• Large farmhouse Kitchen-Diner, granite worktops and oak units, TV, iPod Docking. Very well-equipped with full range of cookware.
• Morning Room, with views of the garden and courtyard
• Utility Room with large fridge/freezer, sink unit and washing machine
• Level access with no steps on entire ground floor through to bedroom.
• Maps, books, magazines, many games and a large, varied DVD library
• Cosy under-floor heating.
Outside The Coach House:
• South-facing Courtyard Garden, with Olive trees, festoon lighting, grape vines, BBQ, seating and new cedar hot tub.
• Large enclosed front garden with mature oak trees, additional seating
• Playhouse, miniature John Deere Tractors/outdoor toys
• 4 acres private lawns, with open countryside views
• Plenty of parking and storage for bicycles
• Located on a 'Norfolk Green Lane' for cycling
Owners live nearby and are happily on hand to help, if needed.
Guests are personally welcomed upon arrival and given a quick tour by Anna, the owner.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Heacham/Hunstanton 37 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||1.2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Norwich or Stansted 80 km, Nearest railway: Downham Market 6 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||King Beds (5), Single beds (6), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Swing set, Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
We'd love to welcome you to West Norfolk, a truly special place of unspoilt charm and natural beauty. Once discovered, you'll want to come back again and again.
Some of our personal favourite things to do and see....
We adore the glorious sandy beaches at Hunstanton. A Victorian seaside town with charm and character; renowned for its striped cliffs and magnificent sunsets. Have a go at kite surfing! Explore the coast and visit Wells, Heacham, Burnham Market, Cromer and Sheringham.
We enjoy a wander around our ancient market town of Downham Market, 4 miles away, known locally as 'The Gingerbread Town', also home to a clean, well-run swimming pool and leisure centre.
Enjoy a superb mix of shopping, history, cinema and entertainment in King's Lynn, a maritime town packed full of things to do and lots of lovely places to eat. We like the Bankhouse on the quay.
It's not everyday you see your local butcher in a London Bus on the river! Hilgay Raft Race, a hilarious fun-packed, fund-raising event on the river in our normally very sleepy little village! Every July.
Dinosaur Adventure, a favourite with our children! A truly 'monster' day out with brilliant indoor and outdoor activities. Too much for one day!
BeWilderwood, another favourite! A huge, award winning forest of family fun and outdoor adventure. Treehouses, zip wires, jungle bridges, Crocklebogs, Twiggles and Boggles, storytelling, boat trips, marsh walks and really yummy food! Our children loved building a den..http://www.bewilderwood.co.uk/
Stow Hall Gardens; a very local well-kept secret! Shh! Welcomes dogs on a lead. A true secret garden!
The Hare Arms, 5 miles away, simply good local food and beer in a beautiful setting, conveniently opposite Stow Hall Gardens http://theharearms.co.uk/
Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve, the National Trust's oldest nature reserve and England's most famous fen. http://www.wicken.org.uk
The Cathedral City of Ely, home to 'The Ship of The Fens', one of the most magnificent Cathedrals in England, we enjoy tea by the river or lunch in the Cloisters.http://visitely.eastcambs.gov.uk/
Fishing at Dent's in Hilgay, just across the road, 5 well-stocked fishing lakes. People come from miles away to fish here.http://www.sweetpotato.uk.com/fishing.htm
Ryston Park Golf Club, in the next village, welcomes visitors.
WWT Welney Wetland Centre, for year-round 'birding' also well-organised activities for all the family. http://www.wwt.org.uk/visit/welney/
Church Farm, Stow Bardolph, 5 miles away. A wonderful children's farm, with many rare breed animals and tractor rides, serving healthy local produce with large outside and indoor play areas. http://www.churchfarmstowbardolph.co.uk/
No-one ever forgets their first glimpse of Oxborough Hall! A magnificent 15th Century moated Manor House (National Trust). We are fortunate to be surrounded by many National Trust Properties locally.
The Royal Sandringham Estate. Beautiful house and gardens, but to honest we go there for the fantastic woodland children's play area and hearty home-cooked lunches!
Cycling and motorcyclists: The gently rolling countryside and quiet back roads are ideal to explore by bike, we have somewhere safe to store bicycles, let us know in advance so we can move the tractor!
Walking: The region is simply a haven for nature lovers and those enjoying the great outdoors. We provide maps and suggested walks in The Coach House.
For more information, please visit our facebook page for the latest local events, highlights, special offers and news from the farm and visit our website: www.coachhouseholidaycottage.co.uk
Variety is the name of the game in this region, with unspoilt coastline and rolling countryside rubbing shoulders with a medieval port and family-friendly seaside resort.
History seekers can step back in time and discover West Norfolk's rich heritage, nature lovers can take advantage of the great outdoors, wildlife enthusiasts will enjoy seeing animals in their natural habitats, walkers and cyclists can roam to their heart's content, and visitors of all ages will enjoy a great day out at one of West Norfolk's many excellent visitor attractions.
We have very comprehensive visitor information in The Coach House, including maps and local guide books. We also have free wi-fi.
*Let us know if you are planning a celebration, we'd be happy to hang up the bunting! We can also provide a delicious cake iced how you wish presented with 2 bottles of chilled bubbly. This can be delivered during your stay or in The Coach House upon your arrival, please let us know with plenty of time to arrange.*