This luxury villa is the ideal choice for those who wish to experience the unspoilt real Portugal. Set in a village surrounded by countryside this is the perfect base to explore this beautiful region. Within a fifteen minute drive you have many beaches to enjoy, vineyards to tour , the medieval town of Obidos and the fishing town of Peniche where you can stroll around the harbour before enjoying a meal in one of the many excellent restaurants. The Local restaurants serve traditional Portuguese dishes at a fraction of the price you would pay in the tourist areas. The food is wonderful fresh local dishes. The countryside is stunning and all around are white washed villages and towns and very friendly people.
Casa Rosa has been completely refurbished giving you luxury accommodation, a private pool, outdoor kitchen with built in barbecue and bread oven set on a large gated plot with a well established garden to explore. With both central heating and a large log fire it is perfect any time of the year.
There is a cafe within a 5 minute walk serving good food and a local bakery bakes bread overnight and rolls can be delivered and left by the gate for when you wake each morning. This villa would be perfect any time of the year if you wish to discover this beautiful region, play golf or it is the perfect base to just relax with the family.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Areia Branca,, Sao Bernardino, Consolacao, Baleal 8 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||6 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Lisbon 65 km, Nearest railway: Bomborrall 8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Safe, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
|Further details indoors|
As the villa has been completely refurbished all furniture was recently purchased and the quality is excellent. *Two large leather sofas
* Wall mounted flat screen with staterlite tv with all UK freeview channels
* Lounge through to open very large kitchen/dining room all with high beamed ceilings. The kitchen also has the traditional bread oven.
* Mezenine level used as a den with a pool table, a large sofa and seating, a dvd player and games console with a selection of games/ dvd's provided.
* Luxury new beds and bedding in all rooms
+ Main bathroom with shower, bath, wc & bidet and an en suite shower room in bedroom one.
|Further details outdoors|
* Large plot is secure with gated entry and large boundary walls.
* There is a double garage to park cars out of the sun
* Six sunbeds provided
* large patio table and chairs on the main patio for dining under the pergola.
* chairs and tables on other terraces for you to enjoy a quiet moment with a book or a glass or two with family or friends.
* Outdoor shower close to the pool
* shaded areas can be found on the grassed area under the trees for those who like a break from the sunshine.
* outdoor kitchen with built brick barbecue and a traditional bread oven. What better way to grill the fresh local fish while sitting around the pool enjoying the sunshine.
* Established mediterranean garden set amongst huge rocks to wander through with orange and lemon trees, olive and pepper trees and many more fantastic trees and shrubs.
An information book will be in the villa
All bookings of two weeks or more will have a full clean and laundry changed after each complete week. Additional cleaning could be arranged. (extra charge)
Towels are provided for use in the villa, but not for use at the pool or the beach. I can provide beach towels, for this there would be an additional charge of £5 per towel for your stay, this is to cover only the cost of laundry.
A travel cot is available at a cost of £35 per booking. This is also to cover the cost of laundry of the cot bedding.
Exploring the tranquil towns, villages and countryside of this beautiful region, enjoying the deserted golden sandy beaches, Shopping in the colourful daily markets, and trying the local cuisine. This is why I fell in love with this region but if you want more then its all here.
You have many first class golf courses
Vineyards to tour, cities to explore
A full range of water sports available.
If Portugals national heritage interests you there is the medieval town of Obidos with its many churches and magnificent Moorish castle, Historical monasteries, the shrine of Fatima , The palace in Sintra just to name a few.
Lisbon is less than 1 hour away so you can take a day trip, explore the city and finish the day in one of Lisbons many excellent restaurants or enjoy some live Fado music.
The village is surrounded by countryside but the following towns are still within a 15 minute drive.
• Obidos. The medieval walled town of Obidos. Recently voted as one of the seven wonders of Portugal. This magical town comes to life early evening during the summer months. Wander through the cobbled streets lined with white washed houses and restaurants.
• Peniche. Every evening the fishing boats leave harbour and return to port during the early morning with their catches. The catches are on sale that day in the big covered market in the centre of town and in the many fish restaurants throughout the town. You can book fishing trips and day trips to the Berlenga Islands in the harbour.
• Bomborral. I use Bomborral for everyday needs. It has good restaurants, the best piri piri restaurant where you can eat in for around £7 a head for all food and wine or collect and take back to the villa on your way home from a day out. It is also famous for its wine making. There are two vineyards you can tour before sampling and buying to take back and enjoy in the villa.
Further afield, in less than 30 minutes drive, you have the Foz da Arelho lagoon with its beautiful beach and many bars and restaurants, also the market town of Caldas da Rainha. Here you will find the best selection of shops and also a daily market selling basket ware, flowers, fruit, veg and other foods.
You have at least four beaches less than a fifteen minute drive and several golf courses less than 30 minutes away.
There are also two go karting tracks within a 10 minute drive of the villa.