Watergate Bay beach has been voted the best beach in Cornwall and the 4th best in Britain by AOL Travel!
This lovely Apartment with breathtaking, panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean is fully equipped to accommodate up to 5 + a cot. Including a large garden area, hot tub, trampoline and swing set. 1/2 mile from Watergate Bay. FREE kids club 3 times a day, 6 days a week and FREE shuttle runs to the beach during the main summer holiday!
*NEW - Now with it's own washing machine*
At The Atlantic Apartment you have the advantage of a private apartment with a dynamic holiday park nearby. Watergate Bay Touring park is just 300 yards along a quiet road and all the facilities of the park are available to the hirers of the Apartment. These include indoor heated swimming pool, tennis courts, skate park, pirate ship play area, arcade, pool tables, The Sunshine Café, the mini supermarket and the Cribbar with free entertainment every night during peak season.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Watergate Bay 500 m|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Newquay 1 km, Nearest railway: Newquay 6 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared indoor pool, Children's pool|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared indoor pool, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ, Swing set, Trampoline|
|Further details indoors|
The Atlantic Apartment is on the first floor of Bostaran, a chalet bungalow. It has a separate front door and stairs. (The ground floor is occupied by members of the family that owns Watergate Bay Touring Park – Mark and Mel with their boys, Jack and Liam plus the family dogs, Molly and Trigger.
There is one double room and one twin room, the 5th bed is a z bed which can be put wherever you like, plenty of room for it in the double or twin or in the hall.
NEW! A washing machine has now been plumed into the Apartment to make your stay even more pleasant, no more visiting the laundrette on site. We also supply an indoor clothes airer as well as a new outdoor washing line, an iron and small table top ironing board.
The Apartment has a Sky Plus box and we have all the sports channels.
|Further details outdoors|
HOT TUB! - Free use of a Hot Tub within the grounds of the Apartment, simply ask Mel or Mark if it is ready to use, they will give instructions on how best to handle the cover then you can use it as and when you wish.
Watergate Bay Touring park is open from March til October, just 300 yards along a quiet road and all the facilities of the Park are available to the hirers of The Apartment. These include:
- Free kids club! The Little Smugglers Club is on 3 times a day DURING THE MAIN HOLIDAY WEEKS, simple register at reception and drop the kids off in the secure room for lots of fun activities while you get some chill out time.
- A free minibus service to the beach runs 6 times a day DURING THE MAIN HOLIDAY WEEKS..
- Free use of the covered swimming and paddling pool, now you can enjoy the pool whatever the weather! The pool will be open from easter onwards.
- Free use of the skate park.
- Free use of the recreation area and Pirate Ship adventure playground, open all year.
- Tennis courts available for hire, just pop in to reception, Tennis Rackets and balls also available.
- Free use of the games room, equipped with pool tables, video games and 2p machines.
- Access to 'The Sunshine Café' which offers a wide range of meals and snacks with take away service available. Open Easter, May Day and from Spring Bank Holiday through to mid September. NEW for 2014, fresh salad and sandwich bar!
- Access to 'The Island Bar' with free nightly entertainment at Easter, May Day, Spring Bank Holiday and from the beginning of July through to the beginning of September. Including Bingo nights, discos and live music.
- Free WiFi available throughout the clubhouse.
- A well stocked shop (Open Easter, May Day and from Spring Bank Holiday through to mid September).
- Bookings are from Saturday 2pm to Saturday 10am except early and late season (Please contact us for details).
- Deposit of 20% per week required on booking. The full Balance is payable 21 days prior to holiday.
- A holding deposit of £100 is required upon arrival which will be returned once The Apartment has been inspected upon departure.
As a county Cornwall boasts the longest stretch of coastline in the UK with almost 700 km of stunning coastal scenery including more than 300 beaches.
This coastline forms a significant part of the South West Coast Path National Trail which offers visitors to Cornwall a huge choice of walks from gentle one hour strolls to week long hikes.
Cornwall is in the privileged position of having two coastlines: the Atlantic coast famous for its surfing beaches and huge expanses of golden sand, and the English Channel coast which is more gentle with hidden coves and tranquil creeks.
Cornwall boasts 12 separate Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. These are precious landscapes whose distinctive character and natural beauty are so outstanding that it is in the nation's interest to protect them.
These areas include the Camel Estuary which is famous for its tidal river valley which at low tide provides essential habitats for its wildlife, Bodmin Moor with its wild expanses or rolling moorland and prominent tors, the Lizard Peninsula which is criss-crossed by a fascinationg network of medieval enclosures and Bronze Age settlements, and the Helford River which is technically a drowned valley or "ria" comprising of gently wooded creekside which are sheltered from the prevailing winds by the Lizard Peninsula.
There are stunning historical sites maintained by the National Trust and English Heritage, such as Lanhydrock House and Pendennis Castle.
If you are looking for somewhere for children to let off steam try Creally Great Advenutre Park or Dairyland Farm World, which both have a wealth of outdoor attractions plus big indoor play areas should the weather take a turn for the worst.
Cornwall has some of the best gardens to visit anywhere on the British mainland due to Cornwall's mild climate, plus the internationally renowned Eden Project.
We have national galleries and museums such as The Tate St Ives and the National Maritiume Museum Cornwall at Falmouth. And with our coastal position, marine attractions such as the National Seal Sanctuary at Gweek and Blue Reef Aquarium at Newquay.
Whatever your age and interests, you can find plenty of suitable places to visit in Cornwall.
Bostaran is situated just 4 miles north of Newquay on the B3276 coast road. This area of outstanding natural beauty includes sections of National Trust coast.
Newquay – the coast of dreams – represents a rare mix of wonderful coastlines; spectacular beaches washed clean by the Atlantic Ocean; rock pools teeming with marine life; crystal-clear sea for a leisurely swim, or for the challenge of surfing the best sets in Britain; soaring cliffs with magnificent views; and delightful gardens for tranquil strolls.
The Atlantic Apartment is situated just ½ mile from Watergate Bay, one of the finest beaches in Cornwall. At low tide it is 2 ½ miles long which makes it impossible to get over-crowded. There is an Extreme Sports Academy at the beach, specialising in Surfing, Power Kiting, Buggying and Kite Surfing.
Walking, cycling, golf, horse-riding, bowling, tennis, fishing, wakeboarding, mountian boarding, diving and abseiling are all activities that are easy to find nearby plus a host of indoor and outdoor attractions in Newquay such as Dairyland, Blue Reef Aquarium, Waterworld, Newquay Zoo and Tunnels Through Time – there's something here for everyone.
The area also boasts a number of sumptuous restaurants including Jamie Oliver's 'Fifteen' just ½ mile from The Apartment.