The sweet peace of unspoiled woods and meadows.
Leaving the main road SS219 you proceed in a bucolic landscape in the green oak and ash and yellow broom and reach an ancient farmhouse of the eighteenth century ''Il Palazzetto''.
Along the white road is not unusual to find, especially at night, in deer, pheasants, porcupines , badgers, hares, and squirrels hopping.
The farm, an oasis of peace and tranquillity which stretches for 36 hectares of lush lawns and winding wooded areas, welcomes its guests in a country house in which they were made after a complete renovation that has left its original features, five comfortable apartments and ideal for those who, far from noise and in the countryside, want to unwind. The largest is a four of 107 square meters, which includes in addition to three bedrooms, a bathroom and a kitchen, a spacious living room decorated with a period fireplace.
All system combines the rustic style of the house, especially nice in the rock face to view, with the convenience of a comfortable and functional furniture. Outside the house, on the north side, beautiful landscapes are wide open, with the river valley and Chiascio overlooking the Park of Monte Cucco, which call for excursions by one of the most prestigious and spectacular of the Umbria-Marche, followed by those where the rhythms of human nature that surrounds it.
Those, who prefer to stay at home, can relax in the outdoor pool, while children have access to a playground.
Fun: 15 minutes drive away is the historic centre of Gubbio with its medieval palaces, churches, ranging from pre-Roman period at the end of 1400 and its museums, its festivals (religious festival) of the 15 May, the National Palio della Crossbow shot on the 14th of August, with its musical and theatrical season which takes place during the months of July-August, with the Truffle Fair which begins November 1, with the antique market which is held the third week of the month, with shops and stalls selling handicrafts and food products in the area.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Fano 75 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||8 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Aereoporto Regionale San Francesco 45 km, Nearest railway: Fossato di Vico-Gubbio 18 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|General||Central heating, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
Few regions can give such intense emotions as Umbria. Exploring this land of different characters and spirits is like entering a dimension in which suggestive spirituality, artistic heritage and the quality of the natural environmental melt into harmonious perfection. Surrounding oneself by the peace of the countryside, letting oneself be drawn into the soft colours of a landscape that seems to belong to a Renaissance painting is like sharing the secret rhythm of a world in which humans and the quality of human life make one common value.
An ancient land that still releases vital energies that awaken its visitors, arousing their curiosity, opening their minds and their hearts. An experience in discovering the art of living, both through places of spirituality, and the authentic expression of a culture with a wealth of knowledge and flavours.
Walking, cycling or riding are the best ways to become truly familiar with the areas to be visited. But the most important thing is to be in the right spirit, to “keep your eyes open”, to be ready to meet people, to meet yourselves and the land you are travelling through.
Laying on the slopes of Monte Ingino, Gubbio is one of the most ancient towns of Umbria, extremely well preserved during centuries and rich of monuments testifying its glorious past.
Two important witnesses of the past are the Tavole Eugubine, one of most important documents referring to the ancient people called Italici and the Roman Theatre just outside the walls of the town. Dominated from the top by the Basilica on which the rests of St. Ubaldo are buried, Gubbio keeps architectonic masterpieces testifying the beauty and the imprtance of what used to be during the Middle ages, a real town-state.
At the beginning of the XIV century the Consuls Palace, today symbol of the town, was constructed together with the square Piazza Pensile and Pretorio Palace. To remind the palaces Beni, del Bargello with the famous fountain, of People Captain , in typical renaissance style, Dukes Palace by Francesco Giorgio Martini which testity the importance of the period on which the Montefeltro's family had the administration of the town. Very interesting are also the Cathedral (XII century), St. Maria Nuova (inside which one can admire the Madonna del Belvedere painted by Ottaviano Nelli on 1413), Church and Convent of St. Agostino (XIII century ) with inside frescoes of Nelli, Church and Convent of St. Francesco (XIII century), St. Giovanni (XII century) characterised by the facade and bell tower in Roman style, St. Peter enlarged in 1505 and St. Domenico enlarged in the XIV century.