Big saving on the weeks 15-22 and 22-29 August: 30% off!2.300 Euro instead of 3.290 Euro
AUTHENTIC TUSCAN COTTAGE, just 10 minutes drive from Radda in Chianti. In a quiet and peaceful position, the spacious and comfortable rooms of the villa allow each party member to enjoy a little solitude whenever required. In the large sitting and dining room with fireplace you can enjoy with friends or family a good Tuscany meal. (and we have a great Chef at your disposal for special dinner or for cooking lessons!In the warmer summer the loggia terrace with BBQ and PIZZA OVEN provides a perfect spot for eating al fresco. For active guests the TENNIS COURT and the SWIMMING POOL are at your exclusive use, within the large fenced garden granting much privacy and space for children to play!A SHORT DESCRIPTION:On entering the house there is a living room with fireplace, sofa and armchairs and a dining area for 8 people. The kitchen is separated and fully equipped. A study has a sofa bed (suitable for one) which can serve as a bedroom upon prior request. There are three bedrooms (a double, a twin convertible in double upon request, a 3-bedded room, ) and three bathrooms. Stairs behind the fireplace lead to the tower, a cosy sitting room with a couch, TV Sat, and great views of the surrounding vineyards. Wi-fi, english library, italian music and DVD's for children available!
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||09:00|
|Nearest beach||Marina di Grosseto 110 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Florence 75 km, Nearest railway: Siena 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Single beds (5), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
200 qm habitable area.
Wide sitting/dining room with fireplace.
Kitchen completely furnished with crockery, gas-cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, electric oven, microwave, toaster, American coffee maker.
1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedded room (convertible in a double bedroom), 1 three- bedded room.
Separate studio (convertible into a single bedroom).
Very cosy tower room with TV Sat.
2 full bathrooms with shower.
1 bathroom with wash-basin, WC and bidet.
Washing-machine, iron and ironing-board,
Recreational reading library, games for adults and children.
Possibility to be rented together with the closed Villa PetrAlexa (#44922, same owner) for larger groups, up to 14 people. Extra 5% off for renting the 2 villas together!!
|Further details outdoors|
- Private tennis court in synthetic grass, (shared with villa PetrAlexa, same owner) - Tennis racquets and tennis balls available.
- Swimming pool with outside shower (6x12 meters). Opened from May to October included.
- Sun beds for each party member.
- Wide English garden all surrounded by vineyards and woods.
- Furnished loggia terrace for eating al fresco with bbq and pizza oven.
- Parking for 3 cars inside the fenced garden.
Deposit of 250 Euro; refunded at departure after a check of the villa.
The weekly rates are all included excluding following extras:
- Central heating 15Euro/day if requested on site
- Firewood: 15Euro/cubic meter if requested on site
Upon request, to be booked in advance and paid cash on site:
• Welcome pack: 30 Euro*
• Cook to come in and prepare a dinner: prices per menu
• Extra sheet and towel change: 15Euro/person
• Tennis lessons with private teacher
• Personalized guided tours
If you prefer to visit the surroundings on your own, we can help you in your choices and plans to make the most of your time!
* The welcome pack is a basic shopping for the first breakfast: 2 bottles still water, 1 bottle sparkling water, 1 Orange juice,1 box of tea bags, 1 packet of coffee, 1l fresh milk, Fresh season fruits, Bread, Jam, Sugar, Butter, and Biscuits. (30 Euro cash to hand to the housekeeper at their arrival)
Tuscany does not need any presentation! The cities with its history and art attractions, the medieval villages, the special food and wine, the welcoming people make it a region with a matchless offer.
Villa LisiDor is situated in the heart of this region. Just a taste of the many places you can visit:
* San Gimignano, today UNESCO patrimony, famous for its many towers.
* Siena, may be the best-preserved medieval city in Italy.
* Florence….How is a summary possible?
* Monteriggioni, one of the few completely walled towns that can be proud of its original medieval walls still standing.
Famous for the wine, its production in Tuscany still follows the ancient guidelines to produce some of the best wines in the world: Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino, Nobile di Montepulciano, Sassicaia and the sweet Vin Santo with 'Cantucci' biscuits! Basically, the harvest (called “vendemmia”, in Italian) in the whole Tuscany starts on the end of August and beginning of September, a very fascinating period to visit the Chianti hills.
Think about choosing a week in relation to the many events of this region, for example:
- "Cantine aperte", last weekend of May: over 800 wine cellars open to be visited for free wine tasting.
- "Palio" of Siena, 2 July and 16 August: the bareback horse races.
- "Calici di stelle": 10 August: possibility to delight in "the raining of San Lorenzo's tears" quality wine and typical quality products in the historical centre and piazzas, among courtyards of unexpected beauty and castles.
- "Welcome harvest", September: discover the production cycle of wine through walks through the vineyards, visits to the companies, and tastings.
- "St. Martins day", 2nd week of November: the Wineries will be open to the public for the tasting of the "Novello Wine" (the new wine of last season)
- Chianti bycicling and mountain biking:
June: "Chianti Classic" non competitive cycling road race
October: "L'Eroica", Vintage Race, participants from all over the world
- "Stelle mercanti", Stars and Merchants. A market held at night with local artisans, hand crafts and music. From 6 PM to 11 PM. Every third Thursday of the months of June, July and August at Greve in Chianti.
... and many other local events ...
Once you decide your period of holiday, I will help you to find out all what's going on so to fully experience your Tuscan stay!
The villa is located in a very strategic position for mountain bike tours! The most beautiful tours in this surroundings pass just next to our house. You can choose a different tour each day, between easy and demanding. We have detailed maps of all our favorite tours and can help you in the organization.
From the villa you can start beautiful relaxing walks in the silence of the area, go jogging on the unpaved road along the woods, and cycle passing vineyards and olive trees.
Or take the car and quickly reach many wine-and oil tasting farms, special restaurants, an 'Enoteca' for happy hours with "bruschetta" and visit the beauties of this country. Our suggestions:
Our suggestions what to see:
* Castellina in Chianti:
medieval village famous for its tower 'La Rocca' and for the Via delle Volte, a medieval trail under the town with military origins.
* Radda in Chianti:
the medieval fortified village that has grown around the church of San Nicolò and the 1400's Podestà building – now municipal building. Among the stony buildings of this cosy town you will find souvenirs shops, wine shops, restaurants, bars and typical products boutiques.
* Greve in Chianti:
one of the oldest towns in Chianti area; Piazza del Mercato is nowadays the biggest attraction. There are more then 20 restaurants, wine shops, souvenir shops, typical products shops.
* Panzano in Chianti:
a charming hamlet built on the top of a hill during the 11th century, famous for the Chianina steak.
* the castles and vine cellars of Broglio, Albola castle from the 1000's; Volpaia hamlet
* The Chiantigiana road crossing the countryside
* and for longer day trips Lucca, Pisa and the seaside whish are reachable in more or less 1 hour and a half.
Moreover there are horse riding opportunities and itineraries, the Golf Ugolino, 18 holes in Grassina near Florence (63km), the Termal baths - Spa: Terme di Rapolano: 42km, 45min. Terme di Radicondoli: 54km, 1h. Terme di Murlo: 60km, 1h. Terme di Rapolano, San Giovanni: 62km, 1h.