Guest house | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 3

Key Info
  • Beach or lakeside relaxation
  • Swimming Pool
  • Great for children of all ages
  • Air conditioning
  • Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner
  • Private garden
  • Car not necessary
  • Nearest beach 0.3km

We are located in Lagos only 900 feet from "Dona Ana" Beach, half a mile far from "Camilo" Beach, 1 mile far from "Pinhão" Beach and "Pinheiros" Beach (Naturist), 1,2 miles far from "Grande" Beach (Naturist), 1,4 far from "Barranco" Beach (Naturist) and 1,8 miles far from "Canavial" and "Porto de Mós" Beach

Our location is on a quiet and open beach zone, however only 15 minutes walking from the Historic centre of Lagos.Family atmosphere and appropriate dimension for peacefulness, near the Beach but equally inside of the city. We are located in the beginning of an area known by "Costa D'Oiro" (Golden Coast), derived name of the yellow colour of the rocks that involve all these several beaches with singular beauty, protected of the wind and with calm and limpid waters.

It is also a protection area to the nature, fine for pedestrian walks to the Light House located at "Ponta da Piedade", excellent point to observe "Lagos" Bay and Algarve's coast witch is visible till "Albufeira".

Open all year!

Size Sleeps up to 3, 1 bedrooms
Nearest beach Dona Ana 300 m
Will consider Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)
Access Car not necessary, Wheelchair users
Nearest Amenities 300 m
Nearest travel links Nearest airport: Faro International Airport 80 km, Nearest railway: Lagos 3 km
Family friendly Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility
Notes Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed

Features and Facilities

Luxuries Internet access, Staffed property, Sea view
Pool Children's pool
General Air conditioning, TV, Telephone, Fax machine, Satellite TV
Standard Kettle
Utilities Microwave, Fridge
Rooms 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites
Furniture 1 Sofa beds, Single beds (3), Cots (2), Lounge seats for 3
Other Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair
Outdoors Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ
Access Parking, Wheelchair users
Further details indoors

DOUBLE OR SINGLE ROOMS

- 1 Bedroom (Double or Twin)

- 1 Fridge

- 1 Electric Kettle

- 1 Microwave device

- 1 TV

- 1 Bathroom

- 1 Balcony

(This kind of unity do not have kitchenette, so ISN'T SELF CATERING, however there are a fridge,

microwave device, electric kettle, silverware, dishes, cups and glasses)

Further details outdoors

- Heated Pool (heated all year)

- Garden.

- Air conditioning on all kinds of unities and rooms.

- Barbecue at the pool area (Free use).

- Private Car Parking with security ilimination.

- Mini-market on the complex.

- Cable and Satelite TV on all unities with a total of 58 channels.

- Internet Wi-Fi - (Free access).

- Computer for mail check - (Free use).

- Phone and Fax service.

- Free Cots and High chairs for babies.

------------------------------------------------------------

Further details

- Nearest Golf court at 1,6 Miles.

- Nearest Motor-Way at 1,8 Miles.

- Nearest Tennis Court at 1 Mile.

- Nearest Hypermarket at 1,2 Miles.

- Cultural Centre at 1,2 Miles.

- Museum at 1,2 Miles.

- Bus Stop at 150 feet.

- Marina at 1,5 Miles.

- Local Aerodrome at 1,8 Miles.

- Nautical Sports Centre at 1/2 Mile.

- Natural Park "Costa Vicentina" at 15 Miles.

Contact Owner

- Daily Cleaning service.

- Pets welcome, under a few rules.

- We accept arrivals at any hour of the night.

- Discounts for Children and usual frequent Guests.

The Algarve region

The Algarve was a semi-autonomous area with a governor from 1595 to 1808, as well as a separate taxation system until the end of the 18th century. During this time, to reflect the Algarve's unique status, Portuguese monarchs were known as "King of Portugal and The Algarves".

In 1807, when Junot was leading the first Napoleonic invasion in the north of Portugal, the Algarve was occupied by the Spanish troops of Manuel Godoy. The Algarve became the first part of Portugal to liberate itself from Spanish occupation, in the rebellion of Olhão in 1808.

In the 1960s the Algarve became a very popular destination for tourists, mainly from Britain. It has since become a common destination for the Germans and the Dutch. Many of these tourists own their own property in the region. There are Algarve-based English-written publications and newspapers specifically addressed to this community. In addition to the natural beauties and plenty of beaches, the Algarve has invested in the creation of a network of golf courses. Well-known beaches in the Algarve range from Praia da Luz to Armação de Pêra. A well known spa town is Caldas de Monchique.

Algarve's mild climate attracts interest from Northern Europeans wishing to have a holiday home or residence on the region. Being a region of Portugal, and therefore in the European Union, any EU citizen have the right to freely buy property and reside with little formality in the Algarve.[1] British expatriates, followed by German, Dutch and Scandinavians, are among the largest groups wishing to own a home in this Portugal's sunny region.

The summer months see high temperatures that attract beach-goers and sun-lovers from around the world.

With more hours of sunshine than California and only short periods of rainfall, generally between November and March, the Algarve has the perfect weather and climate for tourism.

The maximum temperatures in the Algarve fluctuate between 15 and 31 °C, with the temperature never falling below zero in the winter months.

Lagos

Lagos is an ancient maritime town with more than 2,000 years of history. The name Lagos has a Celtic origin and is derived from the word Lacobriga. Lagos first became a settlement of the Carthaginians,who recruited Celtic tribesmen in their war against the Romans (the Punic Wars). Later it became colonized by the Romans, becoming part of the Roman province Lusitania. Some Roman remains can still be found in Lagos and the surrounding countryside. Quintus Sertorius, a Roman rebellious general, helped by the Lusitanians of Lacobriga, fought successfully a battle against the Roman army of Q. Caecilius Metellus Pius probably at nearby Monte Molião. Lacobriga was already in those times an important harbour.

The town was occupied in the sixth century by the Visigoths from the Kingdom of Toledo and later by the Byzantines. The Moors came in the eight century. The renamed the town Zawaia (meaning Lago = lake). It was part of the coastal region al-Gharb (hence the name Algarve). The Moors fortified the town and established important trade links. In 1174 the local Wali gave permission for the construction of a church of St. John the Baptist outside the town walls. This is the oldest church in the Algarve.

Even as King Afonso Henriques was reconquering Portugal (the Reconquista), the southern part (Algarve and Alentejo) remained under Moorish domination. It was captured by King Afonso III of Portugal in 1241. After the complete capture of Algarve in 1249 the king gave himself the title "King of Portugal and Algarve", stressing the fact that the Algarve, after the long rule by the Moors, was considered a foreign country and not part of Portugal.

Lagos became an independent jurisdiction under the rule of King Pedro I in 1361. King João I assembled his fleet in the harbour of Lagos, before setting sail for the siege and conquest of the city of Ceuta in 1415. This was the first step in opening the Arabian world to medieval Europe, which in fact led to the Age of Discovery with Portuguese explorers sailing across the whole world.

(replica of) the caravel Boa EsperançaThus Lagos became important during the 15th century period of Portuguese exploration. Prince Henry the Navigator, third son of King João I, lived most of the time in Lagos. From here he directed expeditions to Morocco and to the western coast of Africa with caravels, lateen-rigged ships with excellent seafaring capabilities. Lagos was also the home port for Gil Eanes who was the first to sail beyond Cape Bojador in 1434, then considered the end of the world. This was a breakthrough in the Portuguese exploration of Africa. Lagos was at least as important during the Age of Discovery as Cape Canaveral was during the early years of space exploration. Nigeria's former capital, Lagos, was named after the Portuguese location.

It was also in Lagos that the first slaves were brought to Europe. There is a 17th century building standing on the exact site where the first slave markets were held in the 15th century. As the major sponsor of these expeditions, Prince Henry received one fifth of the selling price of the slaves. After his death the town began to slumber as the Royal family lost interest in the Algarve. All major trading houses then took up residence in Lisbon.

King Sebastião, obsessed with his plans for a great crusade against the kingdom of Fez, assembled a huge fleet in Lagos in 1578. During this ill-fated attempt he and most of Portugal's nobility were killed in the Battle of Alcácer Quibir in Morocco.

The old Portuguese town was a very beautiful city with many monuments until it was destroyed by the earthquake and tsunami of 1755. But it still preserves some (rebuilt) walls from the 16th century, a governor's castle (17th century) and (the site of) an ancient slave market which is believed to be the first black slave market (Mercado de Escravos) in Europe (opened in 1444).

Two well-known naval battles took place off Lagos, reflecting its startegic location: In the Battle of Lagos (1693) a French force defeated a combined Anglo-Dutch one, in the the Battle of Lagos (1759) a British force defeated a French one.

Dona Ana - Probably the beach most frequented by tourists, and for good reason. The sand on Dona Ana is slightly thicker than the beaches in the surrounding area, and the beach itself is bounded by lovely rock formations. Many different shapes come alive when you look at the rock formation, a birthday cake, the titanic, and the sphynx's to name a few. Dona Ana is essentially split into two beaches with a protruding cliff separating the two sides at high tide.