Villa San Bartolomeo, located between the slopes of Mount Etna and the Ionian Sea, welcomes, in its beautiful green oasis, guests of all nationalities, offering them a comfortable and relaxing stay in contact with nature.
Villa San Bartolomeo is composed of a central house, occupied by the owners, and four houses, reserved for the guests: Blue House, Red House, Green House, Yellow House.
The Villa is surrounded by a large and lush garden of 3500 m², where it's possible to enjoy both a mediterranean and a tropical vegetation.
In the centre of the Villa there is a beautiful swimming pool of 6 x 12 m, equipped with ladders, diving board and whirlpool, and supplied with beach chairs, tables and umbrellas.
Our houses are designed to ensure our guests a pleasant and comfortable stay. Set in a lush garden and provided with access to the pool, they are equipped with high quality antique furniture, air conditioning, heating, tv, wireless internet, telephone, safe. They have bedrooms with sheets and blankets, kitchens with utensils and appliances, and bathrooms with towels. Each house has a separate entrance and a private outdoor area, where it's possible to relax and eat.
The Red House has a double bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom.
The double bedroom includes a large lounge and a spacious dining area.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Scogliera 6 km|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Aeroporto Fontanarossa di Catania 24 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Telephone, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, Trampoline|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
Sicily, historic cradle of culture and traditions, counts among its most beautiful cities:
- Taormina, the “Pearl of the Ionian Sea”, famous for its beautiful coastline and the magnificent Greek Theatre;
- Siracusa, to which they belong the beautiful town of Noto, maximum example of Sicilian Baroque, and the natural reserve of Vendicari;
- Palermo, chief town of Sicily, which houses the sumptuous Norman Palace, now home to the Sicilian Parliament, the Cathedral, which contains the tomb of Frederick II of Swabia, and the marine reserve of the Island of Ustica;
- Agrigento, in which the enchanting Valley of the Temples stands, absorbed in the largest archaeological park of the world and part of the World Heritage of Humanity according to UNESCO, and to whose province the wonderful Island of Lampedusa belongs.
Milestone of a stay in Catania is the visit of the majestic Mount Etna: it is the highest active volcano in Europe, absorbed in the wonderful Park of Etna, declared nature conservation area in 1987.
The city of Catania overlooks the Ionian Sea, offering a surprisingly varied coastline: from the jagged cliff of the seafront, to the sandy beach of Playa area, up to the characteristic black beach of San Giovanni Li Cuti, heritage of age-old lava flows. The historical centre of Catania is certainly worthy of a visit; it was rebuilt in Baroque style after the devastating eruption of 1669, which destroyed the city.
Among the many places and monuments, the following deserve absolutely a visit:
- Duomo Square, home to the Cathedral of Sant'Agata and Elephant Fountain, symbol of the city of Catania;
- Stesicoro Square, which houses the ruins of the Roman Amphitheatre and the statue of the composer Vincenzo Bellini;
- Via Crociferi, with its beautiful Churches;
- The Ursino Castle, built in the first half of 1200 by Frederick II of Swabia;
- The Greek Theatre;
- The Benedictines' Monastery;
- The Catacombs;
- The Birthplace of Vincenzo Bellini with annex Museum.
Also the surroundings of Catania are suggestive. Among them: “Paesi Etnei”, characteristic towns situated on the slopes of Etna, such as Trecastagni, Pedara, Nicolosi, Zafferana; the beautiful seaside resorts, such as Acicastello, Acitrezza, Capo Mulini, Riposto; and, not least, the towns of Acireale, famous for its folkloristic Carnival, and Caltagirone, known for the production of beautiful ceramics.