Masseria Pepenofio is an ancient farm complex that has been meticulously renovated into a spectacular luxury holiday home. It consists of four apartments and two pools. Pepenofio combines both luxury and tradition making it into one of the most exclusive holiday homes in Puglia.
The masseria is divided into two levels. The ground floor is composed of four independent apartments. These apartments can be reserved together or separately.
This splendid vacation home offers the ultimate comfort rooted in tradition and luxury. The property is located on a hill with breathtaking views of the Adriatic sea. The converted farmhouse is surrounded by manicured greens set in the Pugliese landscape of olive groves and fruit trees.
The large infinity salt water pool for the four apartments is 15x7 meters with a depth of 1.4 meters. The second pool (6x3 meters and 1.40 meters deep) is exclusive for the Fico d?India apartment guests.
Masseria Pepenofio offers its guests five star services ranging from fine linens, the most sought after kitchenware, room tidying service, the ability to have a star chef prepare typical dishes brought fresh from the farm (paid service) and many other services with great attention to detail.
Masseria Pepenofio is a charming and beautifully designed property. Guests will have their privacy in the comfort of an exquisite vacation home.
From now on it's possible to request the use of the dog pool at Masseria Pepenofio, that will allow your best friend to cool off during hot days.
The masseria is not ideal for family with small children.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese, Nearest railway: Monopoli|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Iron, Hair dryer|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
Balance is due cash at the beginning of holiday after the check-in with the manager/owner, if you are not able to pay cash, you should pay the total amount by bank transfer before your arrival (cheques and travellers cheque are not allowed).
Due to security and legal reasons law we will check-in only guests who have compiled our booking-form and agreement.
Security deposit (to be refunded at the end of the stay) EUR 500 (only by credit card).
Please be sure to leave the house in good condition.
Final cleaning and intermediate cleanings INCLUDED.
Arrival time is mandatory in the afternoon between 4pm and 8pm (unless otherwise agreed). At arrival later than 8pm an extra charge will be applied.
Please advise us of your departure time at least 24 hours before. The check-out must be taken not later than 10 am.
Electricity is INCLUDED
Bed linen and bath towels INCLUDED (2 chages for each week)
Heating - mandatory from October to April - is billed at EUR 100 per week.
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts(?contrade?) characterized by the presence of ?Masserie Fortificate? of ancient roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.