Bluebell, a Perthshire hideaway
Peacefully positioned in a quiet lane within the pretty lochside village of St Fillans in Perthshire and the Central Highlands, within Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, Bluebell is a charming semi-detached cottage packed with character with its own large and very attractive enclosed garden. Bluebell is equally suited as a Highland hideaway for couples or families who appreciate comfort and easy access to the outdoors.
The comfortably furnished cottage has a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, a spacious well-equipped kitchen with wooden dresser, large table and Rayburn 'range' oven.
The cosy sitting room has comfortable seating and wood burning stove, in addition to a French door leading out to the pretty cottage garden with its climbing roses, honeysuckle and clematis. The traditional dormer windows in the two upstairs bedrooms enhance the character of the cottage and the downstairs bunk bedroom is ideal for children. The cottage boasts a host of of quality toys, games and videos for children and books and CDs and DVDs for adults, including a range of walking guides.
Packed with character, and often deer and other woodland visitors, our fully enclosed front and large rear garden and ideal for children's adventures (we have a children's playhouse on stilts with a slide) , or peaceful afternoons with a good book.
Just one minute's walk will take you to the edge of the beautiful and historic Loch Earn from where you can enjoy many lovely walks, endless wildlife and glorious sunsets. The surrounding spectacular scenery and handsome 19th Century stone buildings make this friendly village one of the prettiest locations in Scotland.
Entrance porch, large open plan kitchen/dining room with Rayburn, sitting room with wood burning stove and French door to garden, bedroom with bunk bed
Double bedroom (king size), twin bedroom & bathroom with bath, over bath shower, wc & whb
Included in our tariff:
Linen and towels provided
Gas fired central heating plus wood burning stove in sitting room – electricity & gas included – wood not provided (available locally).
Gas fired Rayburn, combination microwave/oven/grill plus 2 ring hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, drying pulley above Rayburn
TV, DVD & video player, CD and radio
Travel cot & highchair plus selection of children's toys, games & books
Driveway parking for two cars plus additional on street parking
Fully enclosed front and large rear garden with garden furniture & children's playhouse on stilts with slide.
1 well behaved pet allowed downstairs, not left unattended.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh or Glasgow airports , Nearest railway: Nearest station Dunblane, Stirling|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Climbing frame|
This area of Perthshire is known for its outstanding natural beauty and has been a popular holiday destination since Victorian times.
St Fillans, situated in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, is an ideal location from which to explore Scotland and there numerous activities and sites for all the family to enjoy. The neighbouring village of Lochearnhead offers many activities including water skiing, wakeboarding, knee boarding, inflatable rides and 'speed boat blasts'.
Enjoy fishing for brown trout on Loch Earn (fishing permits available from local Village Store) or Munro bagging with one Munro (Ben Vorlich) on the doorstep and over 16 more within easy reach. There are several beautiful gardens and historic castles to explore, quiet roads to cycle along and endless beautiful walks to discover along shoreline, old railway lines and through glens. Horse riding & trekking is available at the nearby stables and over 30 golf courses, including Gleneagles, all within an hour's drive.
Whether you're looking for Highland walks, shopping, culture and local heritage or just a pamper sesson the area has all you could need:
• Drive up to Glenlednock (near Comrie): lots of opportunities for playing along the river bank, or walk round reservoir at far end.
• Auchingarroch Wildlife Centre on Comrie/Braco road: really good day out; take a picnic. www.auchingarrich.co.uk
• Rainy day options: swimming in Crieff public pool; the Ceramic Experience www.theceramicexperience.co.uk/branch_crieff.htm : paint your own mug, ornament etc. plus Soft play area (free if you use Café);
• Horse riding and pony trekking available at several local equestrian centres including Crieff Hydro http://www.crieffhydro.com/ and Gleneagles www.gleneargles.com
• Fishing and boat hire: spend a peaceful day on Loch Earn http://www.drummondtroutfarm.co.uk/fishing-boat-hire.html
• All watersports catered for, whether Water-ski-ing, wakeboarding or just a cruise down the loch with on site cafe, jetty and stunning views.
Sailing: Loch Earn Sailing Club offers a welcome to families wishing to sail or learn to sail and offers some great Summer schools for children. http://www.lochearnsc.com/
• Golfing: Enjoy a day's golfing just a short walk from Bluebell, http://www.st-fillans-golf.com/ or in Comrie www.comriegolf.co.uk/
• Walking: lots of options. For example, Ben Vorlich, the local Munro accessed from South Loch Earn Road; Glenlednock circular walk starting from Comrie. Lots of walking guides / ideas in basket of local information and on bookshelf on window sill.
• Senses beauty spa in Comrie: great for an aromatherapy massage or other treatment. http://sensesspa.moonfruit.com/
• Conveniently located just a short walk from 2 hotels serving meals, a well stocked village shop & café plus a 9 hole golf course
• The nearby villages of Comrie (5 miles) and Crieff (12 miles) offer a good selection of shops, restaurants & hotels
• The thriving market town of Perth (30 miles) has a wide range of shops, hotels, restaurants, cinema, leisure facilities, racecourse as well as many places of interest