Buzzards Swoop is a pretty stone character cottage in a fantastic location fully equipped with modern comfortable furnishings and an enclosed sunny courtyard garden. Set in 6 acres of stunning Dorset countryside there is lots of space for couples families and dogs to explore and the dramatic Jurassic Coast and beaches are within 4 miles. The thriving market town of Bridport and its bustling harbour at West Bay are 5 minutes by car/bus or can be walked along the picturesque Brit Valley public footpath.
Buzzards Swoop is fully equipped and can sleep up to 4 people in 2 bedrooms. Your comfort is assured with a garden room, woodburner, new kitchen and bathroom, free WiFi and fabulous views. There is lots of space - guests are welcome to explore the communal paddock, woodland and orchard with dog walks through the Bluebell woods and a kids play area in the main field.
* Logs for wood burner included
* Dedicated parking for 2 cars in a quiet, no-through lane.
* Outside there is a flagstone seating area with patio furniture and gas barbecue.
* The conservatory, with comfortable seating, leads into the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner.
* The kitchen is fully equipped with modern appliances including fridge/freezer, washing machine, oven/hob and microwave.
* The dining table comfortably seats four with great views of the sunset facing West.
* The lounge is extremely comfortably furnished with sofas and chairs in front of the woodburner (logs free), Freeview flat screen TV and DAB radio. DVD movies available.
* Downstairs cloakroom.
* Upstairs there are 2 light and sunny bedrooms. The east facing double has pine furnishings, bedside lights and Freeview/SMART TV, whilst the west facing bedroom can be made up with 1 or 2 single beds.
* Quality linen is provided. Towels available at £5 per person.
* The large bathroom has a bath with shower over.
* This is a great environment for anyone who loves the outdoors. Guests are free to walk in the paddock and orchard or on the dog walk trail around the wood.
* Several pubs and Bridport are within reach via the Brit Valley footpath.
* We welcome children and pets and there is a 'jungle gym', trampoline and 5-a-side football goals in the main field.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||15:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||West Bay 6 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter, Nearest railway: Crewkerne - London Waterloo Line|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ, Climbing frame, Swing set, Trampoline|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
West Dorset is the perfect holiday location with uncrowded beaches, miles of unspoilt Heritage Coast, pretty harbours and little villages seemingly untouched by time. Lovely old houses, museums and houses to explore, excellent sea fishing off the long expanse of Chesil Beach or from nearby fishing lakes.
There are countless places of interest to visit in West Dorset – the sub-tropical gardens or swannery at Abbotsbury, for instance, or Hardy's Cottage. Lyme Regis, with its famous Cobb, immortalised in "The French Lieutenant's Woman". Weymouth, Portland Bill and Bournemouth are conveniently placed for a day out. If you wish to venture further afield, there is Brownsea Island or other National Trust properties to visit, or even a day trip from Weymouth to the Channel Islands.
Nearby, the local Palmers brewery, is the only brewery to have a thatched roof and offers tours (and samples) which you will not want to miss. West Bay, the pretty harbour of Bridport, was once used as the setting for "Harbour Lights", with Nick Berry portraying the Harbour Master, whilst television celebrity chef, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall was filmed near Binghams Farm in "Return to River Cottage". Bridport market is held Saturdays and Wednesdays in the town and there is an annual Carnival and Show.
Located in the West of Dorset and yet on the dramatic Jurassic coast Bridport is a thriving market town with food and arts events all year round. Market days are Wednesdays and Saturday with something to entice everyone.
Supermarkets include Morrisons, Waitrose, Co-op and Lidl with Tesco delievery service available. Local Butchers and Fruit & Veg shops are locate within the town centre and the award winning Washingpool farm shop is 4 kms away.
With many restaurants, bars and cafes on offer with tastes and price bands to suit all.