*** 10% DISCOUNT FOR ALL BOOKINGS MADE BEFORE 31 MARCH 2014 ***
*** Les Cypres is less than 20 minutes drive from Bergerac airport, which has regular UK flights by Ryanair and Flybe, and just over an hour's drive from Bourdeaux airport, which has flights by many airlines including British Airways, Easyjet and Ryanair ***
Dating back to 1455, this beautiful oak-beamed house, fed entirely by fresh spring water, is located in the idyllic village of Laveyssiere in the wine-rich Perigord Pourpre region of the Dordogne. The setting feels a million miles from the hustle and bustle of city life yet the village restaurant/boulangerie is only 25 metres away and historic Bergerac is only a 10 minute drive away.
The house has full central heating as well as a log burning stove and so is ideal for year-round rental. It has 4 spacious bedrooms (three with king size doubles, one with twin beds) and two newly fitted bathrooms. There is an additional double sofa bed on the first floor landing.
As well as the normal facilities we have the following:
- Free WIFI
- UK satellite TV
- Wall-mounted flat screen 42" TV
- Multi-region DVD player
- Gaggia coffee maker
- Full size outdoor table tennis table
- Pub size Foosball (table football) table
- 10 foot diameter trampoline with enclosure/protective net
The above ground 8m x 4m swimming pool (filled with spring water!) has steps that can be covered to prevent access by small children.
The patio is equipped with a large dining table and 8 chairs plus an extremely large adjustable canopy which can be moved to provide shade throughout the day. Perfect for al fresco dining from morning til night (weather dependent!)
The front and rear gardens are screened by a laurel hedge and wall and are enclosed by a double metal gate for added security if you have small children.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Arcachon 160 km|
|Nearest Amenities||8 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Telephone, Table tennis, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Trampoline|
The Dordogne is an area in the south west of France that is very popular with foreign tourists because of, amongst other things, its natural beauty, it's fine food and its history. It has many ancient fortified castles, stunning cave paintings and beautiful villages.
There are lots of options for trips from short to whole day, eg Bergerac (10-15 mins), Villamblard (15 mins), Perigueux (35 mins), Brantome (50 mins), Les Eyzies (cave paintings, 60 minutes), Sarlat (80 mins), Bordeaux (75 mins). Brantome (known as the Venice of the Dordogne) and Sarlat are very picturesque and are definitely worth trips.
Bergerac is small enough to explore on foot but large enough to have most of the things you might need including many bars and restaurants, banks, pharmacies, a swimming pool and water park, and a hospital. It's medieval centre is very pretty and has many interesting buildings and restaurants. Bergerac is renowned for its wine and the vineyards that surround the town produce some of the best wines in the region.
Other highlights local to our holiday home include:
- The village's only bar/restaurant 20 metres from your front door (you can buy bread and pastries here too)
- Weekly local produce markets in Bergerac and surrounding villages
- Visiting the medieval town of Bergerac with its many restaurants from budget to fine dining
- River trips along the Dordogne, starting in Bergerac
- Numerous vineyards to visit (nearby Chateau Sainte Foy des Vignes has some good very reasonably priced wines)
- Chateau de Bridoire (chateau in beautiful setting with approximately 50 medieval games for children and adults to play). Has a cafe. A short drive from Laveyssiere.
- Petting farm with all the animals you'd want just a few minutes drive from Laveyssiere.
- Large garden centre with nice cafe and lots of interesting pets, 25 mins away. It is always open, even on Sundays.
- Forest parcours (tree top adventure with rope bridges, zip wires, climbing etc - similar to 'Go Ape' in UK) due to open at Easter 2013. Suitable for ages 10 years up. On the outskirts of Laveyssiere so very close and walkable.
- Large swimming lake with water slide etc, 40 mins drive away.
- Large outdoor water park with high slides etc, 30 mins drive away on the other side of Bergerac.
- Large supermarkets within 10 mins drive