A beautifully renovated farmhouse set in five acres of grounds, with superb views. Aranton Farmhouse is an ideal holiday home for large groups and an idyllic venue for weddings and special celebrations.
A super big pool, high-raftered summer salon and swooping views make this location pure bliss. Book the farmhouse and the lodge altogether for a big family gathering.
Spanning the main farmhouse and the one-storey lodge are bedrooms sleeping 16: Aranton is the perfect place for a large family holiday in Gascony.
The renovation was completed in 2009 and the landscaping has now been completed with a beautiful old lime tree that spreads its shade, and an Italianate garden at the front of the house. Pristine and new are a super big pool with a panoramic view, a games room with ping pong and a tennis court out of sight.
The generous downstairs includes a fully fitted kitchen with an American fridge, a dining room with pine tables and chairs, and a high-raftered summer salon – leading to a barbecue space – dominated by a wooden mezzanine from which views sweep over the fields.
This well-executed mix of old and new continues into bedrooms in two wings, nicely proportioned, pleasantly unobtrusive. One has armchairs fronting a fireplace, others the original wooden floors; all have white walls and masses of light.
|Size||Sleeps up to 16, 7 bedrooms|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bordeaux Airport|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, Telephone, Pool or snooker table, Table tennis, Games room, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (8), Double beds (4)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ|
Aranton Farmhouse is situated in the heart of the Gascony countryside and as such is surrounded by old bastide towns and beautiful pieces of countryside.
With Aranton as your base, there are many activities within easy reach:
- Food: the local area is renowned for a rich variety of food including foie gras and all types of duck speciality dishes
- Wine and Armagnac: good country wines are everywhere and this is the centre for Armagnac. There are plenty of opportunities for wine and Armganac tasting at local vineyards
- Walking: the rolling countryside provides great variety, and there are many old bastide villages to explore. Close by you will find Larressingle, Fourcès, Montréal and Condom
- Sports: golf, tennis, horse-riding, pelote (a traditional Basque racket game) and fishing are all within easy reach
- Culture: chateaux, antique fairs, jazz and classical music are some of the possibilities. Local communal fêtes during summer months
- Shopping: all main services are less than ten minutes by car. Each day of the week there are markets at one of the nearby towns, including
- Fleurance - Tuesday
- Condom - Wednesday
- Eauze - Thursday
- Lectoure - Friday
- Nerac - Saturday
- Gondrin - Sunday
- Bordeaux and the Pyrenees are all about two hours easy drive.