Two apartments are available for rental in a vbeautiful villa with swimming pool. Nestled in the heart of the iblean countryside, only 3 km from the sea at Marina di Ragusa and Donnalucata, and at the center of UNESCO protected area of Modica, Ragusa Ibla and Scicli, The apartments offer a great opportunity for family holidays near the sea. Both Donnalucata and Marina di Ragusa offer free beaches, gently sloping sand flats which are ideal for children. The apartments are at the ground floor of a beautiful villa and enjoy the use of a shared and secure swimming pool.The entrance and parking with remote-controlled gate are shared with owners who inhabit higher plan. The whole property is fenced with stone walls.
Apartment n. 2, of 25 sq.m, sleeps two people. It has one bedroom; a kitchenette and a bathroom. Weekly rentals are normally from Sunday to Sunday; arrival is requested after 15.00 and departure not further 11.00.
Both apartments are new, fully furnished and fully equipped for a nice stay (sheets, towels, pots) .
Pool: 15x7 m. (available from 8th June till 21st September) with paved area in stone with an adjacent guest house with bathroom and fridge facilities available.
A Garage is available upon request.
The apartments are set in a beautifully kept, enclosed garden (one hectare) surrounded by olive groves and carob trees.
Cleaning included: Yes
Wheelchair Access: No
Elder Access: Yes
Pets Allowed: No
Smoking Allowed: No inside
Suitable for Children: Yes
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Plaja Grande 2 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Catania Fontanarossa 70 km, Nearest railway: Ragusa 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|General||Central heating, Satellite TV|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Dining seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
Ragusa is a city and comune in southern Italy. It is the capital of the province of Ragusa, on the island of Sicily, with around 75,000 inhabitants. It is built on a wide limestone hill between two deep valleys, Cava San Leonardo and Cava Santa Domenica. Together with seven other cities in the Val di Noto, it is listed among the UNESCO World .The origins of Ragusa can be traced back to the 2nd millennium BC, when in its area there were several settlements of the ancient Sicels. The current Ragusa Ibla lies probably on one of them, identified as Hybla Heraea.The ancient city, located on a 300 m high hill, entered in contact with the nearby Greek colonies, and developed thanks to the nearby port of Camerina. After a short Carthaginian rule, it was administrated by the Romans and the Byzantines: the latter fortified the city and built a large castle. Ragusa was occupied by the Arabs in 848 AD, remaining under their rule until the 11th century, when the Normans conquered it. Selected as County seat, its first Count was Geoffrey, son of Count Roger I of Sicily.Ragusa thereafter followed the events of the Kingdom of Sicily, created in the first half of the twelfth century. In 1693 the city was devastated by a huge earthquake, which killed some 5,000 inhabitants. Following this catastrophe the city was largely rebuilt, many baroque buildings date from this period. Most of the population moved to a new settlement in the former district of Patro, calling the new municipality "Ragusa Superiore" (Upper Ragusa) and the ancient city "Ragusa Inferiore" (Lower Ragusa). The two cities remained separated until 1926, when they were fused together to become the provincial capital in 1927 at the expense of Modica, the former capital and the most populous and important city in the region since 1296.Marina di Ragusa, formerly known as Mazzarelli (from the \"Marsa A\'Rillah\" or \"small port\") has ancient origins, the first to talk about the Mazzarelli was the Arab geographer Idrisi (Ceuta 1099, Sicily 1164).T he historic Thomas Fazello (1498 Sciacca, Palermo 1570) tells us that Mazzarelli was a safe haven for all those who wanted to escape the boats Barbary corsairs who infested the Malta Channel. To avoid being plundered by pirates, the merchant ships sailed along the coast until Mazzarelli where or waiting for the night to be able to begin the journey to Malta, or, if there were conditions to address the crossing, pulling the boat out of the water. Even today in the names of Marina di Ragusa is an area called Scalo Trapanese so named because sailors lined the Strait of Sicily Trapani to get to Mazzarelli and from there departed for Malta thus following the shortest route.
In the sixteenth century, the Turks threaten Sicily and it is for this reason that the Florentine architect Camillo Camillians is given the task of studying the coasts of Sicily in order to design a warning system deployed along the coast Sicilian. Precisely in this study, which was completed in 1584, the Camillani Mazzarelli to us that, at that time, there were already a marina and a trap with the warehouses.Dates back to 1579 and the tower of defense built by Count Luigi Enriquez Cabrera in deference to a parliamentary resolution proposed by the Viceroy Don Marco Antonio Colonna.
The real development Mazzarelli began around 1870 when Ragusa opened the first mines of asphalt. The track, after being removed, was transported in Mazzarelli hundreds of carters to be exported.
In 1928 Mazzarelli name changes, at the behest of fascist Filippo Pennavaria, Marina di Ragusa.
In the 50s that was born with a small fishing village changes its skin starting to become a destination for summer vacations. Today Marina di Ragusa is the best equipped and well-known tourist resort on the south-eastern Sicily. To more than 60,000 vacationers who receives during the summer offers relaxation, sandy beaches and lots of fun