Welcome to the Turquoise House, awarded 2014 Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor. This stunning apartment in the centre of Lisbon offers a luxurious and authentic retreat. Our guests say this apartment offers great value for such comfortable and spacious accommodation. The price includes unlimited wifi.
If you're looking for a luxurious and central base from which to explore Lisbon's many delights, this charming and comfortable 3 bedroom apartment can't be beaten. Located in one of Lisbon's oldest barrios, the Graça district, this spacious holiday apartment has generously-sized rooms, elegant period details, high ceilings and plenty of light.
The apartment can sleep up to 6 people very comfortably and is the ideal holiday rental for a family or group of friends travelling together. It also enjoys a great central location, giving you easy to access to Lisbon's transport network and main tourist attractions (more details below!), as well as offering free wifi and a full range of local services on your doorstep.
The self-catering apartment boasts:
• Master bedroom (25sqm) with double bed, air conditioning, TV and balcony
• Second double room (20sqm), TV, air conditioning
• Additional lounge (18sqm) with air conditioning which can be used as a third double room thanks to its comfortable double sofa bed
• Wifi throughout the holiday apartment - provided free of charge
• Great communal space(35sqm) - easily big enough for 6: including TV room/ lounge and dining room
• A well-equipped kitchen, which has everything you might need: small breakfast bar, fridge, freezer, oven, stove, dishwasher, washing machine, crockery and cutlery.
• Conservatory/ enclosed balcony area. It has a small table with a couple of chairs where our guests seem to gravitate to: it is a great place to sit and enjoy a drink.
• The apartment also has a small outdoor terrace with portable barbecue and table and chairs. Ideal for grilling a couple of sardines or simply chilling out.
This space and comfort gives the holiday let the feel of a luxury hotel while providing all the benefits and amenities of self-catering accommodation.
The apartment is professionally cleaned using non-toxic eco-friendly products. Linens and towels are provided. There is an optional supplementary linen charge of €50 for stays longer than a week.
Our comfortable apartment is a great place to stay if you fancy a Lisbon city break , but you are also close to great beaches and some of Portugal's most picturesque locations if you are willing to travel a little further afield. Please ask if you want further information about any facilities or travel arrangements - we are happy to offer advice.
About the Graça District
The Graça district is full of local character and offers visitors an authentic flavour of the real Lisboa. You're never too far away from an authentic pasteleria (cake shop) or restaurant. It perches on the hillside to the northeast of the city, and offers some of the most panoramic views over Lisbon.
There are two main spots to take in the vista: Miradouro da Graça, and Miradouro da Nossa Senhora do Monte, both within easy walking distance of the apartment. Miradouro da Graçais close to the thirteenth century Graça church, with a splendid terrace and open-air cafe which is open late into the evening in summer months. The Miradouro da Nossa Senhora do Monte offers equally stunning views and is the highest point in the city.
Graça also plays home to one of the oldest flea markets in Lisbon, Feira da Ladra, which takes place every Tuesdays and Saturdays at campo Santa Clara, and is just a 10 minute walk from the holiday apartment.
The district is served by elétrico 28, a vintage yellow tram which is almost a tourist attraction in its own right!The tram #28 route takes in many of Lisbon's tourist sites and connects the apartment withSão Jorge castle, the Miradouro Portas do Soland the Alfama, Mouraria, Bairro Alto districts.
Lisbon is a big city, but is easy to get around. The great location of this apartment is ideal for seeing Lisbon's sights, thanks to the great transport connections.
As well having Tram #28 on the doorstep, the apartment is less than 5 minutes walk from the nearest metro stop: Anjos.
Rossio Central Square is a ten minute metro journey away and, from there,you can walk to the Castle of St. Jorge in under 10 minutes, or onto the atmospheric and Moorish-influenced Alfama neighborhood. Chiado and Barrio Alto are around 2kms away, around a ten-minute metro journey.
Barrio Alto offers some of the best nightlife in Europe - and has an eclectic and lively mix of restaurants, bars and clubs.
Don't miss visiting Torre de Belém on the banks of the River Tagus. The tower is one of the 'seven wonders of Portugal' and a UNESCO world heritage site, thanks to the significant role it played in Portuguese maritime history during the Age of Discoveries. Whilst there, you can also visit the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, which also stands on the shore at Belem, and is also a UNESCO world heritage site.
Take a day trip to the Palácio Nacional da Pena. It stands on the top of a hill above the town of Sintra, and on a clear day it can be easily seen from Lisbon and much of its metropolitan area. It is one of the major examples of 19th-century Romanticism in the world, a national monument and UNESCO World Heritage Site. From the apartment, take the metro from Anjos to Rossio ,then take the train from there to Sintra train station.
Alternatively, the beaches at Estoril and Cascais are easily reachable by train (trains leave Cais do Sodre station every 30 minutes and journey time is around 30-45 minutes).
1. We'd like you to enjoy your stay and invite you treat our apartment as your home away from home. Equally, weask you to treat the apartment with the respect you would show your own home.
2. Keys to be picked up at the apartment, unless otherwise arranged.
3. Please ensure you switch the air conditioning off between the hours of 10PM and 8AM. The Portuguese Urban Noise Law requires minimal noise to be enforced between these hours. You can use the portable heating units or fans between these hours, if required.
4. Please also be respectful of our neighbors and keep all noise to a minimum at night.
5. Smoking is only permitted in the outdoor areas.
6. An optional cleaning service is available at a charge of €50 per week.
7. We try to be flexible for check ins and check outs - please discuss your requirements with us.
8. No refunds for an early check out.
Enjoy your stay in Lisbon - we hope you love our magical city as much as we do.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Cascais 20 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Lisbon airport 5 km, Nearest railway: Santa Apolonia 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
The Turquoise House is located in the famous Graça District - in one of the famous 7 Lisbon hills - which gives you a panoramic view of the City and Castle and hosts the “Feira da Ladra”, every Tuesday and Saturday morning, Lisbon's proudest Flea Market since the 12th century.
From here you can enjoy a nice walk towards the Tagus River, catch the famous Tram 28 that goes through an unforgettable journey through the historical city center, crossing many touristic attractions. You can also quickly catch the tube down town to the trendy and night-out place to be of Bairro Alto & Chiado.
Graça District is well known to be one of the most typical, safe, handy and full of character districts, where all the visitors can breath the Lisboners hospitality and way of living... and first and foremost for it incredible Belvederes (viewpoints over Lisbon).