There are grapevines growing over the front of the house, which is accessed by ancient stone steps.
The gite has been restored to the highest standard, newly furnished and offers large and very comfortable accommodation, which comprises of 3 bedrooms all with large shower rooms and WC. The living room incorporates all the original features including exposed stone work, beams, even the original stone sink and a large fireplace
UK satelite TV (Freeview) provided.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Limoges 60 km, Nearest railway: Angouleme 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Table tennis, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
* Kitchen/diner with fully fitted units with sink and drainer, gas cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster & coffee machine, and a farmhouse dining table and chairs.
* Fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. The kitchen is well stocked with crockery, cutlery, glasses and utensils. There is an iron and ironing board.
* Living room with beautifully decorated to a high standard whilst retaining all the original features. Also a log burner if the nights are chilly and logs can be purchased at a small cost.
* There is exposed stone walls, beams, the original stone sink and fireplace.
* Entrance doorway leads into the living room, with stairs to the first floor.
* There are two sofas, UK satelite TV (Freeview) please feel free to bring your own SKY card, DVD, CD player, coffee table, cupboard with games, cards and a selection of books and magazines .
* Children's dvds are available upon request.
* Bedroom 1 is a very large double room, with solid oak flooring, exposed stone work and a large double bed, bedside tables and reading lights, wardrobe, and chest of drawers. There is a small table and chairs by the window with views of the garden and pool. There is space for another single bed/cot. A floor standing fan is provided. A door leads to a luxury en-suite shower room with a very large shower, WC, hand basin with storage and power point for hairdryer or shaver, velux window.
* Bedroom 2 is a large twin/double bedroom with exposed stone work and beams. Bedside tables with reading lights, wardrobe and cupboard, and a floor standing fan are included. There is a window with views of the garden and pool. A door leads to the en-suite shower room with large shower, WC, hand basin with storage and power point for hairdryer or shaver, velux window.
* Bedroom 3 is a large double bedroom with exposed stone work and beams. Bedside tables with wall lights, wardrobe and cupboards, and a floor standing fan is supplied. The window has views of the garden and pool. A door leads to the en-suite shower room with large shower, WC, hand basin with storage and power point for hairdryer or shaver.
* All beds are made upon arrival and a weekly maid service is available upon request, spare blankets are in each room.
* Bath and hand towels are provided and we ask guests to bring their OWN POOL TOWELS please.
* A child's cot and high chair are available upon request at the time of booking.
|Further details outdoors|
The gite has its own garden area, garden furniture, bbq and private parking
The pool is shared by the occupants of our other gite & Yurts.
We also offer a welcome pack with tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits etc to all our guests.
La Voute is situated near the village of Mainzac which is mid-way between Angouleme and Brantome on the border of the Charente and Dordogne, on the edge of the Perigord/Limousin natural park. The area is renowned for its gourmet food and local produce including fois gras, truffles and the delightful local aperitif, Pineau.
We are surrounded by picturesque villages, chateaux, working mills, prehistoric caves, churches and vineyards.
Angouleme is a historic walled city, home of the National Comics and Image Centre and the venue of the historic vintage car race 'Circuit des Ramparts' in the autumn. There is a wide choice of gourmet restaurants, bars and shops.
The gites are 3km from restaurants and bars in Haute-Faye, Marthon, Charras, Varignes and Javerlhac. The market towns of Montbron, Piegut, Nontron and La Rochefoucald, with its beautiful chateau, restaurants, shops and brocantes, are within a 10 to 30 minute drive away. Many of the local restaurants offer 5 course lunches with wine for around €14.
The towns of Perigueux, Aubeterre and the world famous Cognac are all within easy reach. The coast at Royan and La Rochelle, with its beautiful beaches, is 1½ hours away.