Traditional stone farmhouse, fully restored with a large private swimming pool set in gardens, meadow and woodland of five acres. It occupies an elevated position with views over vineyards and the surrounding countryside.
Comfortably furnished and fully equipped with everything you need to make your holiday a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The farmhouse has 6 bedrooms, 4 en-suite, shower room with toilet, large country kitchen and comfortably sleeps 15 adults.
An ideal touring base for exploring the sights and produce of the region being situated close to some of the most famous wine growing areas in the world we also provide professional Beauty and Wellness treatments on site, fresh bread and Croissants delivery at you door and rent-a-chef and catering service.
|Size||Sleeps up to 15, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Gurçon Lake ( 30km ) - Le Porge 148 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||10 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 30 km, Nearest railway: Sainte-Foy la Grande - Pineuilh 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, Pool or snooker table, Table tennis, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 4 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (8), Double beds (6), Cots (3), Dining seats for 20, Lounge seats for 15|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
The house and gardens are child friendly as we aim at the family market. The pool is fenced off as well as the garden, there are plenty of shaded area for children to play in without the fear of having access to the secured pool area. The main core of the house is the very large lounge ( 72 sq.m) there are doors or baby gate to any stairs. There are shade terraces to the rear of the property with a courtyard and sun terrace to the front of the property which is south facing so catches sun all day. The rear of the property with garden and pool area is completely isolated and without vis-à-vis.
|Further details outdoors|
• Your private and heated pool is uncovered and cleaned every morning
• Private parking for 6 cars, more parking space can be made available if need
• Heated swimming pool is available from April to October.
• The garden and pool area is private and completely enclosed if you like to practice naturism
• We are uncovering and cleaning the pool every morning between 8 an 9 AM, pool water is tested every 2 days
Spending your holiday at our House in the Vines can be as totally relaxing or as active as you wish. Situated on the borders of the Dordogne, Lot et Garonne and Gironde, in France, it is an ideal touring base for exploring the sights and produce of the region.
• Wine : we are situated close to some of the most famous wine growing areas in the world.
• Gastronomy : Périgord and famous foie-gras (goose liver), truffles and magret de canard (duck) are nearby
• Restaurants : there are some very good restaurants in the region, in all price categories
• Sight seeing : Bergerac, Sarlat, Bordeaux, Issigeac, Castillon (and it's famous reconstruction of the Castillon battle from the Hundred Years War)
• Activities : water sports on the Dordogne river, sunbathing at the Gurçon lake with it's sandy beach and restaurants and kayaking, Pony rides, bicycling, Golf course and practice, ...
The village of Les Leves is 2-3kms and has a baker, post office, wine co-operative and a gas station which also functions as newsagent, tabac and general store.
About ten minutes drive is the historic and busy market town of Ste Foy la Grande lying astride the River Dordogne.
Here there is a variety of restaurants, supermarkets, banks etc., and a not to be missed Saturday market ( one of France's 100 most beautiful markets)