This privately owned 2 bedroom chalet overlooking the green at Gurnard Pines makes the ideal base from which to explore the island. The chalet comes well equipped with the things you would need to enjoy your holiday, be it relaxing or taking part in sports or activities.
Being on a holiday village you can also take advantage of the leisure facilities at Gurnard Pines when you rent the chalet (additional charges apply payable at Gurnard Pines). These facilities include:
• Indoor 25m swimming pool
• Outdoor heated pool (May-Sep)
• Outdoor paddling pool (May-Sep)
• Fully equipped gym (over 16s)
• Workout studio
• 3 outdoor tennis courts
• Indoor soft play area
• Activities such as archery, fencing and water walkers
The site also has an outdoor children's playground, a woodland walk, café pizzeria and Wi-Fi access (additional charges apply). Please check with Gurnard Pines regarding the availability of their facilities.
The chalet consists of:
• Open plan living area with kitchen - including flat screen TV with DVD player, radio with CD player, sofabed (for up to 2 additional guests), arm chairs, dining table and 4 chairs with views over the green, fridge with freezer compartment, gas cooker, microwave, washing machine, iron and ironing board, cooking utensils, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery and glassware to ensure that you can self-cater with ease.
• Master bedroom with a double bed, a bedside unit, wardrobe with draws below
• Second bedroom with a bunk bed, chest of draws, and a wardrobe with draws below
• Bathroom, bath with shower, sink and toilet
• Patio with picnic bench overlooking the green, which will catch the sun for most of the day
There is car parking available, a bus stop is about 15-20 minutes walk away (the number 1 goes to Cowes and Newport). For shops there is a convenience store at Gurnard, as well as larger stores at Cowes and large supermarkets at Newport.
For more information and pictures of the holiday village the chalet is on please visit gurnardpines. co. uk
NEW FOR 2015
The SPAR Company will be running the pool, gym and other sports related activities, the bar and restaurant that is now open every day and evening serving breakfast, lunch and dinners, and a Sunday roast is also being offered. The new SPAR shop will be opened during March and will have all standard supermarket produce including any of their promotions, and newspapers!
They will also be running family events and comedy nights, possibly shows, bingo etc. and Karaoke; although this will be in the other bar should you not be into the 'music'. They are constructing a web site that again should be up and running during March that will list events and activities that should be activated during March.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Gurnard 2 km|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Southamptom 30 km, Nearest railway: Ryde Esplanade Rail Station 22 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Pool||Shared indoor pool, Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Bunk Beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Shared indoor pool, Balcony or terrace|
Steeped in history with 60 miles of stunning unspoilt scenery and a wealth of attractions, the Isle of Wight has something for everyone. From historic sites to natural delights, music festivals and major national events, it is a unique holiday destination.
You can get to anywhere on the island and back within a day and there is definitely plenty to see and do during your stay. Some of our favourites are:
• Steam Railway
• Blackgang Chine
• Godshill Model Village
• Needles Pleasure Park
• Historic Buildings - Carisbrooke Castle, Osbourne House, Appuldurcombe House
• Animal Parks - Donkey Sanctury, Isle of Wight Zoo, Amazon World
• Vineyards - Rosemary Vineyard, Adgestone
If its a thrilling evening you are after you can even spend a spooky evening take part in one or two of the ghost walks of the island.
There are links via the Fastcat from Ryde to Portsmouth (22 mins), Hovercraft from Ryde to Southsea (10 mins), Passenger Ferry from West Cowes to Southampton (23 mins) and Yarmouth to Lymington (30 mins).
Whats On During Your Visit?
Throughout the year there are a variety of events that make the island a beautiful and fun filled activity island. Take a look here at just a few of the big events not to be missed....
• Isle of Wight Grand National
• Bustival – Vintage Vehicle Cavalcade
• Real Ale Festival
• Isle of Wight Walking Festival
• Isle of Wight Festival
• Yarmouth Old Gaffers Festival
• Cowes Week
• Round the Island Yacht Race
• Isle of Wight Garlic Festival
• Island Steam Show
• International Scooter Rally
• Bestival music festival
• Cycling Festival
• International Classic Car Show
• Osbourne House Summer Concert (Pop Band Steps)
• Isle of Wight Marathon
• Autumn Walking Weekend
For more information on events on the Island visit the IOW Council web site. Check with event organisers to confirm event is taking place.
Gurnard is a short distance from the well know sailing hub of Cowes. Best known as the world's premier yachting centre, Cowes is the Island's main port with a natural harbour at the mouth of the Medina river. Yachtsmen from all over the world participate in the season's prestigious sailing events, of which the best known is Cowes Week, held annually at the beginning of August.
The beach at Gurnard is one of the 11 award winning beaches on IOW and has beautiful views out onto the Solent. Gurnard is well served with a small cafe and two respectable pubs, The Woodvale and The Portland Inn, supplying your with delightful food and plenty of refreshments.
Nearby Cowes has a number of restaurants and lively pubs as well as a chain ferry to connect to East Cowes. East Cowes is home to Osbourne House, the holiday home of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. Cowes is also home to the IOW Military museum of Tanks and other military fighting equipment.